PDA

View Full Version : Better Than The First?

whisperinthewind
03-16-2010, 01:39 PM
I was wondering, are there any differences in the change of gameplay compared to the first?

For example, does it look better or play better?

Ive been playing Bad Company 1 and have been thinking about getting this so was just wondering what differences there are

Runic Aries
03-16-2010, 01:41 PM
If you like BC1, this game will make you rethink your standing of every game, its perfect

ChaosGod87
03-16-2010, 02:10 PM
If you like BC1, this game will make you rethink your standing of every game, its perfect

What this man said, seems to flow alot smoother then the first one. Vehicle driving, weapons, the way your guy walks/runs. It's amazing.

WonderCaliban
03-16-2010, 02:32 PM
I loved the first one, but the second one fixes alot of the annoying faults and is almost perfect MP.

The maps aren't as good though, but thats just my opinion. Still played alot in the last few weeks and it's not got boring.

Runic Aries
03-16-2010, 02:37 PM
I loved the first one, but the second one fixes alot of the annoying faults and is almost perfect MP.

The maps aren't as good though, but thats just my opinion. Still played alot in the last few weeks and it's not got boring.

I actually like the new maps alot more, its better than Harvest Day where you would have like 20 seconds to get across the map before all the cover is destroyed and you get chewed up by sniper fire.

WonderCaliban
03-16-2010, 02:54 PM
I actually like the new maps alot more, its better than Harvest Day where you would have like 20 seconds to get across the map before all the cover is destroyed and you get chewed up by sniper fire.

I think I prefer the old Rush maps because they were wider and had more avenues for attackers to exploit. Harvest day did have wide open spaces, but it also had gullys and tree lines to move up out of the defenders view. Each base had several attack strategies you could use and even after 200 hours and 1000+ games I was still seeing new ones.

Snipers weren't as effective in the last one either as the scopes weren't 12x, on the larger maps headshots at range were much more difficult. Also giving snipers the mortar makes them more dangerous.

On these maps the avenues are much tighter and there is less room for flanking and surprise. Alot of bases only have one avenue to attack. As a defender in the old one it was good as you could often catch those attackers who thought they were being clever and sneaking in, here you only have to watch one or two paths in. Because your not being attacked (or attacking) from all sides as in the last one it often doesn't feel as epic.

Also I'm not as keen on the destruction 2.0. Alot of the crates are lost from attackers sitting back and just shelling the house rather than getting up close and arming it. Also it discourages people from using the houses as much.

Still loving the game though, and I am enjoying the maps, just wish they were a bit wider.

Kreegles
03-16-2010, 02:57 PM
This game blows BC1 out of the water.

The ZombieDeath
03-16-2010, 03:03 PM
BFBC:2 blows BFBC out of air and water and off of tthe land too!

metallicorphan
03-16-2010, 03:32 PM
online -its just as good as the first,maybe better,not sure
Offline-the first was better

AYKAY
03-16-2010, 03:44 PM
I enoyed the first, and the second is living up to its potential, aside from the minor server issues from the get-go.