PDA

View Full Version : Avatar and Alice to shorten home video window.

DarthSoth
03-16-2010, 08:09 PM
Apparently Avatar will be released to home video April 22, sadly not in 3-d yet though, and Alice in Wonderland will be released on DVD and Blu-ray in 3 months.

This works for me since I don't go the theatre all that often any more. I invested in a pretty good home theatre so I like to watch movies at home more anyway. The ability to pause if I need to hit the loo, and you know, not getting charged $12 for a pop and a pocorn is kind of nice too.

Nice to see two movies that have done pretty well in theatres already leading the way in this. Below are two articles for this from msn. So what are your thoughts on this fellow people of the internet?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35895778/ns/entertainment-movies/

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/35895115/ns/business-media_biz/

Tussell
03-16-2010, 08:10 PM
It's awesome to see stuff like this.

I've noticed it more and more lately. I hope it really starts happening more and more. There's some movies that get released 2-3 months later, then there are movies I have to wait almost half a year for!

KNIGHTOFSERA
03-16-2010, 08:11 PM
yeah I hate waiting so long for the dvd to come out, mostly them trying to milk the most theater money they can out of people

3 months seems reasonable

DarthSoth
03-16-2010, 08:18 PM
A lot or most of the movies out there are in the 6-8 month range. Which is pretty lame since there is generally a 3 month span where the movies are in limbo with them not being in the theatres anymore.

Snowman
03-16-2010, 09:13 PM
I have noticed some movies going to DVD really quick, like Surrogates, that movie seemed like it went to DVD in a matter of weeks.

Tussell
03-16-2010, 09:19 PM
I have noticed some movies going to DVD really quick, like Surrogates, that movie seemed like it went to DVD in a matter of weeks.
Eh, this one wasn't really that quick.
Theaters - September 25, 2009
DVD - January 26, 2010

DarthSoth
03-16-2010, 09:52 PM
Eh, this one wasn't really that quick.
Theaters - September 25, 2009
DVD - January 26, 2010

4 months? that's pretty quick actually.

CHPwannabe
03-16-2010, 09:58 PM
I think this is great, i really hate waiting for movie to come out on dvd a year after it was in the movies.

Purge
03-16-2010, 10:01 PM
Avatar is getting released on Earth Day. :) In fact, a special edition of the film is being made for a December release later in the year including deleted scenes such as Jake and Ney'tiri's love scene.

DarthSoth
03-16-2010, 11:48 PM
Avatar is getting released on Earth Day. :) In fact, a special edition of the film is being made for a December release later in the year including deleted scenes such as Jake and Ney'tiri's love scene.

And that will likely have the 3d version then as well.

Snowman
03-16-2010, 11:54 PM

Reading this, and then looking down at your signature made me laugh extremely hard (more like snickering to myself, but people were around.)