PDA

View Full Version : The Gruesome Twosome Tour

ToeFurB
03-17-2010, 12:23 AM
Is anyone else excited as I am for this? For the unknowing, its an Alice Cooper & Rob Zombie tour. I've been stoked for this from the minute it was announced. But I got even more excited today when I found out not only was it finally come close to me but it's actually coming to my town! This is gonna be a great show. The two make a perfect lineup! It just makes sense to see them both on the same stage.

Here's a link with a commercial and info. Click Me (http://www.gruesometwosometour.com/)

Tussell
03-17-2010, 12:52 AM
They did a great job not doing a Chicago show! :(

Oh well, was never too big a fan of Alice Cooper. Would really only see him due to his legendary status. As for Rob Zombie, I'll be seeing him at Mayhem Fest.

Madman55
03-17-2010, 01:21 AM
I want to go, but no job = no money. :mad:

Burning Karma
03-17-2010, 01:46 AM
I would care if they came anywhere near the fucking Southeastern US. :(

EDIT: I do care now because they're coming to Charlotte on May 19th. Fuck yeah!

WillScot55
03-17-2010, 01:43 PM
A tour a lot of people have been looking forward to and they only have a handfull of dates such a shame

dd316
03-17-2010, 01:49 PM
Rob Zombie sucks live. He never sings all the words.

bapae
03-17-2010, 03:33 PM
I would love to see Megadeth and Tool in a tour together

Tussell
03-17-2010, 04:30 PM
Tool would be amazing live... Not so much Megadeth. :)

Burning Karma
03-17-2010, 05:01 PM
That's an interesting combination. I'd rather see Megadeth tour with Metallica, myself.

Tussell
03-17-2010, 07:25 PM
That's an interesting combination. I'd rather see Megadeth tour with Metallica, myself.
They are. Along with Slayer and Anthrax.

bapae
03-17-2010, 07:52 PM
That's an interesting combination. I'd rather see Megadeth tour with Metallica, myself. There my two favorite bands so i think it would be cool to see them together. Not a big Metallica fan. But from a couple of my friends ive heard Tool is outstanding live probably one of the best live bands.

Burning Karma
03-18-2010, 02:07 AM
They are. Along with Slayer and Anthrax.
In the US, Tussell. And near where I live. :mad:

There my two favorite bands so i think it would be cool to see them together. Not a big Metallica fan. But from a couple of my friends ive heard Tool is outstanding live probably one of the best live bands.
They're pretty great live. Definitely put on an amazing show.

Lycaon
03-27-2010, 10:14 PM
I was super stoked when I heard of the Gruesome Twosome Tour! Sadly the tickets for the show in Edmonton sold out before I got a chance to get mine. I've already seen both Rob Zombie and Alice Cooper on their own, however to see them together would be an amazing experience in my opinion.

A ZombieTwinkie
03-27-2010, 10:28 PM
I was rather surprised that the tour's making a stop near my hometown. 45 minutes away, to be exact. Definitely going to have to get my tickets to go see it now. Hope their not sold out.

Burning Karma
03-28-2010, 04:56 AM
Huzzah! Got my tickets earlier in the week. I've managed to see some high profile bands in the past year or so. Hopefully the rest of 2010 goes this way, concert-wise.

Mayhem Released
04-03-2010, 01:55 AM
Would be intense, but I'll have to settle seeing Rob Zombie at Mayhem Festival this year. Would be sweet to see Alice Cooper though.

RexDarr
05-24-2010, 03:38 AM
I saw this concert a few weeks back. Rob Zombie blew me away!
I saw Alice Cooper a few years back so I kinda knew what to expect.
I was dissapointed then he didn't play "Halo of Flies", but I was extremly overwhelmed over the entire show. Both men put on amazing stageshows and absolutley leave you wanting for more.
I had to pick my jaw up off the floor, eventhought it was filled with dome beer, peanuts, and cigarett butts!

Burning Karma
05-24-2010, 05:41 AM
I saw this concert a few weeks back. Rob Zombie blew me away!
I saw Alice Cooper a few years back so I kinda knew what to expect.
I was dissapointed then he didn't play "Halo of Flies", but I was extremly overwhelmed over the entire show. Both men put on amazing stageshows and absolutley leave you wanting for more.
I had to pick my jaw up off the floor, eventhought it was filled with dome beer, peanuts, and cigarett butts!
Just curious, did Cooper open for Zombie there too? I'm wondering if he is opening for Zombie on all the stops or if they've been alternating.

RexDarr
05-25-2010, 04:59 AM
Just curious, did Cooper open for Zombie there too? I'm wondering if he is opening for Zombie on all the stops or if they've been alternating.
I read that they alternate opening shows. My father and I thought that Zombie would open just because Alice is the more popular of the two, but suprisingly Cooper opened. He played for about an hour-twenty. There was a 15 minute break then Zombie came out and played for an hour and a half.
Overall it was a wicked show.
Judging by the sound of the crowd, Zombie may put Calgary on his next tour. Half the time you couldn't hear him or John 5 over the crowd. He actually stopped singing a few times and just motioned the crowd to quiet down

Burning Karma
05-25-2010, 05:18 AM
Here, Alice played for about 1 hr 15 mins, 30 minute break to set up all of Zombie's shit (:p) and then Zombie played about the same amount as Alice did. I thought Zombie would open too as a sign of respect for Cooper, but oh well.
Our crowd was alright. Not the best, but not bad. Myself, I had a hell of a good time. Zombie will be back my way on the Mayhem Fest, but I probably won't go to that. I hope the next time he does a headlining tour though, he comes my way (wherever my way happens to be when he tours).

Tussell
05-25-2010, 05:22 AM
Glad to hear people seem to have generally enjoyed the show.

I'm going to be catching Rob Zombie when he comes around for Mayhem Fest. I'm really stoked for that concert in general.

BedCommando
05-25-2010, 11:31 AM
Friend went and she loved it. I've met Zombie before back when he toured with Ozzy in '07. Cool guy, gave me a high five.

Burning Karma
05-26-2010, 02:53 AM
Some videos for your watching pleasure:

YouTube- Rob Zombie - What Lurks On Channel X (Live in Charlotte NC) HD

YouTube- Rob Zombie - Living Dead Girl (Live in Charlotte NC) HD

YouTube- Rob Zombie - Superbeast (Live in Charlotte NC) HD

YouTube- Rob Zombie - More Human Than Human (Live in Charlotte NC) HD

YouTube- Rob Zombie - Thunder Kiss '65/John 5 Guitar Solo (Live in Charlotte NC) HD

YouTube- Rob Zombie - Dragula (Live in Charlotte NC) HD

elephantd
05-26-2010, 06:29 AM
can't wait to see Rob live in Mayham fest. Though I will be like a mile away from the stage lmao.

Jemocasa
05-27-2010, 02:05 PM

Oh well, was never too big a fan of Alice Cooper. Would really only see him due to his legendary status. As for Rob Zombie, I'll be seeing him at Mayhem Fest.

I've seen both acts live and was far more impressed with Alice Cooper then Rob Zombie. Although I love Zombie's music his live show was pretty bleh.

Alice Cooper on the other hand is amazing live. I've seen him three or four times and have never been disappointed.

They came to Toronto (Canada) but unfortunately I couldn't afford to go. I think the two of them together would have been pretty awesome.

FoxRacing1234
05-27-2010, 02:37 PM

I second this