PDA

View Full Version : Post here as soon as it's available!

Amazon XD
03-17-2010, 05:42 AM
Just thought I'd make a sort of neat thread here. There are plenty of other topics discussing the game, so post there to discuss. The idea of this thread is as follows.

Since I don't have a solid time on release, I'm going to use this thread to gauge it. While I wait, I'll be watching "Penn and Teller's Bullsh*t!", playing God of War III (Which is excellent, if you have a Playstation 3 to play it on), and generally getting excited.

DO NOT POST ON THIS THREAD until it is available for release. As soon as you see it available, go ahead and post with a simple "It's out" or something like that. This way people who are waiting can go ahead and download it rather than sitting there staring at their xbox screens.

Well, that's all there is to it. A rather simple thread. It's currently 1:40 am Eastern time, and I don't expect it to be out for at least another 4-6 hours.

(TL;DR: I'm too lazy to keep rechecking. Post when it's available)

The Pants Party
03-17-2010, 05:48 AM
So... you're too lazy to check xbox.com or the marketplace to see if it's out, but you'll come check this thread?

Amazon XD
03-17-2010, 05:54 AM
So... you're too lazy to check xbox.com or the marketplace to see if it's out, but you'll come check this thread?

Well, I have a link to the actual game page on xbox.com, but in order to see if it's "actually out" it appears that I have to attempt to purchase it (as of right now you can only do it with a prepaid code). I also don't know if xbox updates their homepage, xbox live arcade page, or whatever else once the game is out. It seems like they would more or less do that sort of thing tomorrow, it seems unlikely they have something to update it the moment the game goes live (But then again I could be wrong).

Like I said, I'm playing another game and doing other things. Since I'm not sure exactly how to check to see if the game is out rather than turning my xbox on and checking the arcade page (even then I know that the games are sometimes available for download before it even shows up on the new games list, as was the case with Monkey Island Special Edition), it seems much easier just to refresh this page every now and then and see if someone has posted.

(TL;DR: One click is easier than several more clicks and confusion.)

PhoenixAtDusk
03-17-2010, 07:29 AM
I'm waiting for it right now. just took a break from CoD to check if it was up, but it isn't yet. I was hoping to get my campaign fix before I went to sleep, but not sure it's going to happen. I hope my self repaired xbox holds up.

rad fad
03-17-2010, 07:49 AM
it's 3:47 EST and I just got off work. I wont be going to sleep anytime soon so hopefully they release it soon. it feels like i've been waiting FOREVER for this game

ProxsimityVirus
03-17-2010, 09:17 AM
its up on xbox.com, some one posted the link in another thread

Nasriel
03-17-2010, 09:22 AM
Demo is up playing it now!

NexT2010
03-17-2010, 09:59 AM
83% complete! 1 minute and ill have the full version!!!

Headkaze
03-17-2010, 10:18 AM
It's now available in australia.

donut77
03-17-2010, 10:26 AM
It's now available in australia.

i downloaded the trial about 8:30, but the full game still wont unlock damnit.

MakoBallistic
03-17-2010, 10:40 AM
Its now available in the UK, but you have to scroll to Most Recent (at least i did) as its not in Top Sellers or anything like that yet.

EchoX860
03-17-2010, 10:52 AM
Downloaded the Demo then unlocked the Full game.

Amazon XD
03-17-2010, 10:59 AM
Awesome! thanks guys! I'll start my backround upload and then grab a save point in god of war 3 and get some campaign before I sleep!

Thanks for everyone's input!