PDA

View Full Version : pickoff at 2nd ...super easy!!!

Blunts4Breakfas
03-17-2010, 07:18 AM
it seems the faster the runner..the easier it is to pick him off at second

just did it to jose reyes twice hahah....key is watch for ther 3 step lead...3 step lead = easy pickoff......

i even get em sometimes with 2 step leads......

another key is

wait till they go to take there third step.....

you can also.....tap left trigger and Y at the same time...or hold left trigger down and then HOLD Y to do the little meter throws....

to me i like the quick throw better..seems to work alot more...just press em both quickly for a fast throw......

AND LAST THING....IF YOU CANT SEEM TO GET EM WITH THE QUICK THROW ...THEN IT SEEMS U USUALLY CAN GET EM WITH THE OTHER METHOD....OF HOLDING LEFT TRIGGER FIRST TO LOOK AT SECOND THEN FIRING THE PICKOFF THROW...

BUT U CAN USUALLY GET EM 1 WAY OR ANOTHER.....

**************ATTENTION******************

(((READ BELOW FOR HELP WITH BASES LOADED JAM CHEVO)))

it helps alot if...lets say bases loaded 0 out...hahaah ther u may can get the bases loaded jam secret achievment just buy picking off 2nd...walking a guy...then picking off 2nd again...

I JUST REALIZED YOU COULD GET IT THAT WAY, AS I WAS TYPING THIS..

I THOUGHT I WAS JUST REALLY GR8 AT PICKOFF MOVES HAHAHA

XxBlueSpade2xX
03-18-2010, 07:18 AM
I just used a created pitcher with a 99 pickoff rating.

The Victym
03-28-2010, 09:07 PM
Also, even with editing a players stats, some players will just not take a big lead from 1st or 2nd. Like Jose Reyes and Carl Crawford would, but David Ortiz or Jason Giambi wouldn't.

litepink
03-28-2010, 09:29 PM
Also, even with editing a players stats, some players will just not take a big lead from 1st or 2nd. Like Jose Reyes and Carl Crawford would, but David Ortiz or Jason Giambi wouldn't.

Wow, you have posted a lot today my friend. Spamming for 10 posts?? You know what though, your posts don't say "Sounds kewl" or "ill try that". They are useful and relevant. Grats :drunk

I had so much trouble with people not taking leads, that I did it in a league game...so much easier!*

*If you can get a league together.

NUTZILLA313
05-31-2010, 04:58 AM
Yea it definitely seemed much more likely to pick people off at second. In my no hitter I only got a few people at first base, the rest at second...had to load the bases a few times and put the ball in play. Got pretty risky.:uzi::eek:

X Ser1al X
06-11-2010, 04:04 AM
Just play as the Cardinals and you can throw out anyone with Yadi. :woop:

FiLtHy FoWl
06-14-2010, 02:25 AM
I still can't unlock this even with all these strategies, but here is an idea to boost. When you start a franchise game and you choose sides there is an option to invite a friend. Considering it is a franchise game, could you invite a friend and boost the no hitter?