PDA

View Full Version : The Enduring Vigil

Seraphim Lloyd
03-17-2010, 08:35 AM
Need some advice on when I can start purchasing upgrades and where do I go. Good to know ahead of time or else I'll have to go back which can be a pain.

Tullaris
03-17-2010, 09:17 AM
I managed to get every achievement except for this one :mad: Did pretty much all the side quests so not sure what else is needed. I managed to save it before the point of no return so it shouldnt be too hard to get it.

Daritan
03-17-2010, 09:40 AM
Here's what I did at least to get the achievement. Make sure you pay the 80 gold to upgrade the walls. Get the granite sample and send guards to the woods to guard while the ore is gained.
Get Wade all the ore he can handle till he says that he can outfit your men completely.
Get the merchant from the farm and from the silverite mines to come to your town to increase the merchants stock.

I don't know if its necessary but I also gave the dwarf enough dust till he said we would have plenty of explosives and completed the two basement encoursions to get the tunnel to the deep roads blocked off.

I think that's everything. I don't know if you need all of that but I got the achievement with all that happening.

Tullaris
03-17-2010, 03:31 PM
Hmmm must be some ore or whatnot I missed throughout the quests. Will have to go around and have a look. Thanks!

Aqua18
03-17-2010, 04:53 PM
I did everything for this achievement i think so far but can you refresh my memory on this "Get the merchant from the farm and from the silverite mines to come to your town to increase the merchants stock." I cannot remember if i did this or not

Aqua18
03-17-2010, 04:57 PM
Hmmm must be some ore or whatnot I missed throughout the quests. Will have to go around and have a look. Thanks!

I found ore before fighting the broodmothers. Siting on a ledge next to a lava like formation.

Daritan
03-17-2010, 08:10 PM
The first merchant is fuond on Thomaston Estate... or something Estate. You rescue her. She will be standing between Wade and his apprentice in the courtyard if you got her. The Silverite Mine guy is the only store you find on your way fighting out. He just showed up at my keep without me ever asking but I did talk to him about his 'aggrement' with the darkspawn.

Aqua18
03-17-2010, 08:55 PM
when exactly does the achievement pop?

olcsi2
03-17-2010, 11:06 PM
I did not manage to save the people on that estate, does that mean I do not have the chance to acquire all the upgrades?

Sizzlebuzz
03-17-2010, 11:10 PM
I did not manage to save the people on that estate, does that mean I do not have the chance to acquire all the upgrades?

On which estate? I think the one to get the female merchant is a random encounter. Although, there are 3 farm areas that look exactly alike.

x0Shinydemon0x
03-18-2010, 12:42 AM
Oh, okay good. I did the one where you get the message for help and you go there. I saw no merchants there. I'm on track for everything else. I got a deposite of Aurum (sp?) ore, what else is there to get? I got the granite (I'm in the Wending Wood right now)

Seraphim Lloyd
03-18-2010, 02:51 AM
Just got the achievement just after doing two main quests so here is what you need.

3 ores- The first you can find in the the first part of basement in the keep on a darkspawn so just keep killing until you find it.

The second you will find in Kal'Hirol in a ore deposit just keep your eyes open until you find it.

The third you will find in the silverite mines in another ore deposit just dont miss it. Give all three to Wade's assistant.

Lirium Sand- Cand be found in multiple areas just look for it in the silverite mines or Kal'Hirol. Give the sand to the dwarf in Vigil's keep and he will make explosives.

Granite- Pay the Dwarf 80 sovereigns then he will ask for more services just help him find granite in the Wending Woods then tell him where it is just spare a few soldiers for him to get it.

Also lock the basement doors by doing the second basement mission.

Dont know if this counts but when traveling kill a bunch of bandits in a small town area and talk to the girl. You will find her at Vigil's Keep next to Wade just talk to her.

I only did these steps and I got it so just use my information and your good.

Aqua18
03-18-2010, 03:54 AM
So you need these quests complete then?
Bombs Away!
Elemental Requirements
Cost of doing Business
Trade must Follow

Anymore?

By the way where are the new merchants so far i have Armaas and Lillith who else do i need?

Seraphim Lloyd
03-18-2010, 04:04 AM
I only got Lilith and I got the achievement so i dont think that part counts so just get the ores and granite and your good for the achievement. Also I dont think you need to do the lirium sand mission since I only gave the dwarf one lirium sand before getting the achievement so I only think the ores and granite count towards this so aim for those.

x0Shinydemon0x
03-18-2010, 07:49 PM
Which Ores? Like, where's Kal H'rol? And what do I do for Bombs Away!? I'm confuzzled :(

Seraphim Lloyd
03-18-2010, 08:37 PM
Talk to Wade in Vigil's keep and he will tell you he needs ore so he can upgrade your troops. On your way through the main quest you will go to these areas so just pay attention to which one your at and look at my above post to see if there is an ore there. Also you just need to find one lirium sand for the bombs away mission which you will run into eventually after that give it to the dwarf next to Wade's apprentice. Kal H'rol is the area where some pit opened up just talk to the two people in front of Amaranthine and they will tell you where it is. Also dont forget to close the basement doors in Vigil's Keep this is important for the achievement so get that done when you can. Hope this helps.

x0Shinydemon0x
03-18-2010, 09:47 PM
What's closing the doors for? Or rather, how/which quest? I have bombs away but don't know how to do it. I'm in Kal H'rol now. I got one merchant (the mines), where's the other?
EDIT: I have all the ores. Just need the merchants and the door stuff.
2ndEdit: Got it :)

MasterWolf
03-19-2010, 09:18 AM
I got lilith but I dont remember rescuing her, but when I talked to her she said something about liking trading here and then she walked away. I never saw her again, but the other qunari merchant is till there and the quest says I got the qunari merchant but I need others. Is it bugged or is that how it happened to you guys.

x0Shinydemon0x
03-19-2010, 08:57 PM
I got the Qunari then Lillith...She ran, but I got the cheevy as soon as I gave the iron ore to whats-his-face, so she ran AFTER I got it.

emidas
03-19-2010, 10:10 PM
I got this achievement with only one of the two merchants. I had paid the 80g, found all ore, and done both basement missions. I also have the bombs.

You do NOT need bombs to close the doors in the basement.

daninthemix
03-20-2010, 12:17 AM
Do you need to find all the bits for Wade AFTER he gets the ore?

x0Shinydemon0x
03-20-2010, 01:53 AM
You don't even need the bits for Wade, those are just for special equipment. Just the repairs, the ores, the basement, and the merchants.

emidas
03-20-2010, 02:50 AM
You do NOT need the merchants, or at least not all of them. I got the achievement after only getting the one from the silverite mine, though I'd venture he wasn't needed for it to begin with.

Ninjaopoly
06-25-2011, 04:58 AM
I just got this today, all you have to do is get all three ore, iron, silverite, and verydium (sp?), also pay the dwarf 80 gold and find him granite in wending woods, and do both basement quests. Also incase anyone was wondering, iron is in kal'hilro (sp?) silverite in the mines, and verydium in the basement.

amrattray
01-14-2012, 07:53 PM
was looking for a comprehensive list - thanks.