PDA

View Full Version : 1 in a Million Shot

v SnOwMaN v
03-17-2010, 09:55 AM
Well I know I am not the only person to do this, but today I was playing on one of the snow maps. Still don't know the name of the maps. It is the snow map that has the Apache at the like the 3rd base of rush.

Well we are the attackers and we are heading to the base and all of a sudden here comes the hell wagon flying over us shooting. So it passes by and doesn't kill anyone and then it flew back I guess to base, because it was smoking. Well I had the Magnum Sniper and the 12x scope and all that. I was running and seen the Apache coming back. I look down my scope and aimed a little over the cockpit and BOOM HEADSHOT. The pilot comes falling down and the chopper slowly falls to the ground.

Probably one of the most amazing shots I will pull off in BFBC2.

Also for the first time today I got a really good marksman score. I hit like 263 I think. Sniping on the level that has the fall setting with the Apache at the final rush base. The guy was at their home base where you get the two choppers at. So he was sitting up on the hill and I was at the second base after you destroy the first set mcom stations. The idiot didn't move when I was trying to hit him. The bullet kept falling short. I could see it land like right in front of him. So I aimed really high and pulled the trigger and all I saw was a mist of blood.

Sorry for long story

David x360a
03-17-2010, 10:20 AM
Nice! Did you get credit for destroying the chopper, too?

TaytaMalikai
03-17-2010, 10:30 AM
Since I haven't played recon yet (gonna max it out for Recon Expert and to help towards Rank 22) I haven't ever tried this, but it sounds tricky for people who haven't mastered leading targets and bullet lag, e.g. myself. But I think that's a pretty good achievement.
Myself, I go for trying to tag flying choppers with darts (working to max out engineer atm), and even one time shooting one down at close range by hitting the tail.

Gen. H
03-17-2010, 10:42 AM
Niiiice

It's a real tough shot to pull off. Tried to do it a few times but most of the time I'm too close so I can't really see the pilot. Good job though :p!

operation remie
03-17-2010, 12:31 PM
very awesome shot. i've been just playing assault right now and want to max him out 'cause he's got a lot of things to him. but it's good to know about the bullet lag when it comes to sniping. i'll have to remember that.

killer297
03-17-2010, 12:40 PM
really nice shot, i like sniping on one of the conquest maps because there is one spot where i can snipe people with out them seemly finding me which is really strange but i am not going to complain.

pined5551
03-17-2010, 01:09 PM
here comes the hell wagon

Well I had the Magnum Sniper

I look down my scope

BOOM HEADSHOT.

the chopper slowly falls to the ground.

HAHAHAHA!!!:p

iBlessing 09
03-17-2010, 03:26 PM
I was in a chopper and somebody on the other team used a grenade launcher and it killed everybody inside except for me :p but I fell to my death :(

AgEnT STARZz
03-17-2010, 03:30 PM
I feel quite proud for some reason when i pull this off! Ive killed both gunners and then hit the driver with 5shots!

Sniper Riflez
03-17-2010, 04:21 PM
I sniped a pilot in a chopper from underneath, the chopper landed on my team mate killing him and then 10 seconds later I get a no-scope from about 20m.

My best Battlefield moment :P

Hitman H94
03-17-2010, 04:39 PM
i tried this sooo many times only to fail

guillermo316
03-17-2010, 06:40 PM
psshh i gotten this, it feels amazing. i gotten one where i camp on the enemy base and as soon as the pilot gets on i shot him! Get Scopped! =)

Barad
03-17-2010, 06:45 PM
Thats impresive man well done, i could never do that.

vgfanatic1
03-17-2010, 06:51 PM
Shit, you can do that?! I didn't know you could kill them like that... Well, I doubt I could ever pull it off. I've maxed recon and have only gotten 3 marksman bonuses (one with my pistol XD), and none of them were higher than like 64. Then again, those were all on squad deathmatch, and I don't think you can get much higher than that on that mode because of the small maps. I really should try sniping in rush or conquest more often.

David x360a
03-17-2010, 07:22 PM
psshh i gotten this, it feels amazing. i gotten one where i camp on the enemy base and as soon as the pilot gets on i shot him! Get Scopped! =)

That's pathetic and cheap.

EDIT: So please, don't be pathetic and cheap ;)

ZipCrash
03-17-2010, 07:39 PM
I love sniping in this game. It's super satisfying to compensate for bullet drop and pull off a super long headshot and rack up like 300 points from one shot.

My best shot was when I was attacking on Port Valdez (map the OP was talking about) and I was up on the pipes. There were people guarding B so I kept headshotting them from that distance. Then got the idea and started hiding behind the box but becuase I was so far away and so far up I was able to drop the bullet right behind the boxes and get headshots. It was super satisfying.

I just wish people wouldn't abuse it and have whole teams of snipers watching my spawn so when I spawn I get popped. I mean you don't have to be a good sniper to nick somebody and then when you have a whole team like that two nicks and I'm dead seconds after spawning. It's super super cheap. Also snipers stop ignoring objective. Too many times I've had team mates camping right near an objective sniping and they just sit there and watch the M-COM station blow up.

Dabsn
03-17-2010, 09:37 PM
i killed the apache pilot 2 times now with the m95 but my best shot was on Port Valdez, sitting on the building in the first base with anti-tank rocket launcher and i headshoted a other sniper sitting on the same kind of building behind the apache spawn in the third base. overall i got like 480 points for it.

HigH-SideR
03-17-2010, 09:39 PM
I've done it alot of times, but my favourite was the first day I bought the game.

Me and my friend were playing it at my house and I quick scope headshotted the driver of the Black Hawk. My firend was like " OMFG, you're are so f***ing lucky" and then I said that I'm gonna do it again. Truth be told, the next Black Hawk that went up in the air, I did a quick scope headshot AGAIN across the map Valaparisso.

I wish I had a capture card :(

PrinceofDeath86
03-17-2010, 09:57 PM
Its not bullet lag, its bullet drop.

v SnOwMaN v
03-17-2010, 10:10 PM

Naw it just fell. Didn't even blow up.

Yea I feel like a pro sniper on this game now. Not just because of the chopper shot, but because when I snipe I get at least get 2 headshot badges with the sniper. The bullet drop I think I have mastered it somewhat. Leading sniping I got that going good. Those that don't know what leading sniping is. It's when someone is running and you snipe ahead of them and they run into the bullet.

LOL sometimes I get headshots and amaze my self. Like the fences that have the blue tarp or what ever covering it. Well one day I see two orange dots pop up on the level and for some reason I aim just high enough and I snipe both dudes with headshots through the blue tarp. Now at the same time, but one at a time.

Boss Kamikaze
03-17-2010, 11:50 PM
I have done this quite of times, its definitely not a 1 in a million shot. It just requires alot of skill and some luck :) Also have you got any collateral headshots yet? I have got 2 of them :)

DAUNTEDFLETTY
03-18-2010, 12:02 AM
Well I know I am not the only person to do this, but today I was playing on one of the snow maps. Still don't know the name of the maps. It is the snow map that has the Apache at the like the 3rd base of rush.

Well we are the attackers and we are heading to the base and all of a sudden here comes the hell wagon flying over us shooting. So it passes by and doesn't kill anyone and then it flew back I guess to base, because it was smoking. Well I had the Magnum Sniper and the 12x scope and all that. I was running and seen the Apache coming back. I look down my scope and aimed a little over the cockpit and BOOM HEADSHOT. The pilot comes falling down and the chopper slowly falls to the ground.

Probably one of the most amazing shots I will pull off in BFBC2.

Also for the first time today I got a really good marksman score. I hit like 263 I think. Sniping on the level that has the fall setting with the Apache at the final rush base. The guy was at their home base where you get the two choppers at. So he was sitting up on the hill and I was at the second base after you destroy the first set mcom stations. The idiot didn't move when I was trying to hit him. The bullet kept falling short. I could see it land like right in front of him. So I aimed really high and pulled the trigger and all I saw was a mist of blood.

Sorry for long story

I have not pulled this off my self yet but i have seen it done and it made me piss my pants. the other 3 guys in the chopper just fell to the ground thinking the piolet was all groove lol.

I have scored a 448 from a head shot thow starting to get quite good at the long shots as i was going for the 500 sniper kills and 100 headshots. your score shoots up if you can pull off a good few in a round mind.
i try not to use the sniper to much now thow as there is far to many sneaking about. i get a better buzz hunnting them down for a nice knife kill.

BlazingCheerio
03-18-2010, 12:12 AM
thats nothing. i bailed out of a black hawk and while parachuting i rpg'd the hind attacking me. i had no gunners.

xD12xSTicKNasTY
03-18-2010, 12:14 AM
Try headshotting a pilot out of a Blackhawk with slugs in a shotgun, twice in a row. Now that is pretty hard, especially since you have no scope.

Runic Aries
03-18-2010, 12:16 AM
I've sniped the driver out of a blackhawk once, and the gunners out several times, unfortunately the one time I sniped the driver someone realized and took control so I didnt make everyone suicide :(

DangerousDave83
03-22-2010, 12:37 PM
The best one in a million shot I've seen is someone managed to tracer dart me whilst in an apache (right on the wind shield).

End result is I couldn't really see where I was going and ended up plowing in to the side of a cliff.

Only then did it occur to me I should have switched to 3rd person view :(

Nozza XBA
03-22-2010, 12:50 PM
I watched my mate do this when the demo was out. He was hidnig in a bush on the final base and was look straight at the chooper.

Two guys jump in and start to power up. I start screaming at him to SHOOT THEM and he's really slow at aiming at the driver. At this point I thought it was a wasted shot and then as the take off and I say half a building up he just aims and shoots.

He magically takes out the driver and the chooper starts to spin out and dips to the side and into the building. It then falls threw the building and explodes when it touched the ground.

He killed the driver, gunner and one guy that came around the corner as it was crashing (he didnt get credit though for that). Was very funny!

Thinking about this my mates had some luck on BF. On 1943 he aimed his sniper at a jeep which was driving up a hill. He wasnt aiming anywhere near the car (more like following it from behind and tailgating it. He shot and the jeep exploded. He laughted so hard and managed to think that the only way the car exploded was the bullet must of hit of the floor and bounced underneath the car and blew it up lol.. Funniest and luckiest shit ever.

LethalEdge
03-22-2010, 12:56 PM
I've sniped a pilot out of the Blackhawk before, granted he was flying fairly slow but still it made me chuckle. :)

MulletiaMan
03-22-2010, 08:35 PM
My best shot was aiming at a guy on the other side of the map, bolt-action, killed the same two guys five or six times, then one decided to go a different way to kill me.

Lining up my headshot on the guy hiding in the same spot, fired as the other guy jumped out, spraying with a shotgun. Two headshots- One point blank and one on the other side of the map.

Not as good as this, but still, i'm pretty bad with a sniper so i'm proud :P

The Dark St0rm
03-22-2010, 08:41 PM
Thats pretty sweet I always try to hit the pilot but I never do

Lord Montymort
03-22-2010, 09:19 PM
Nice, the closest to anything like that I have done is, while parachuting down on the snow map where the attackers start at the top of a hill, I shot a rocket toward the defenders first base and somehow took out 5 of them, good times.

sir_taugs
03-22-2010, 09:42 PM
Since I haven't played recon yet (gonna max it out for Recon Expert and to help towards Rank 22) I haven't ever tried this, but it sounds tricky for people who haven't mastered leading targets and bullet lag, e.g. myself. But I think that's a pretty good achievement.
Myself, I go for trying to tag flying choppers with darts (working to max out engineer atm), and even one time shooting one down at close range by hitting the tail.

Not only bullet lag but gravity effect. Yes there is bullet drop in this game.

McGoogles
03-22-2010, 09:48 PM
I think it's funner to snipe the Black Hawk pilots because the Black Hawks are slower and they contain more enemies too.

My best sniper shot was on Valpraiso. I was sniping in the lighthouse with a buddy of mine and the enemies were pervading in the jungle area. I saw three snipers on a rather large hill. They didn't know I was in the lighthouse still, so I popped three of em' with my GOL for a 305 marksman bonus each. I also think I got the Insignia for getting 100 marksman bonuses.

And by the way, your shot was definitely not a one in a million shot. :)

Connor92
03-22-2010, 09:50 PM
Managed twice to snipe people in a Blackhawk before. The first time was the pilot (best shot I've ever pulled off with a 4x Scope) and the second was some random passenger (not as impressive as the first was a headshot). Considering I hate Recon and can't use a sniper rifle without a Red Dot/4x Scot, I'm kinda proud of myself. Now, if only this game had replays

ChaosGod87
03-22-2010, 10:09 PM
I've tried and failed to hit the pilot. But I have sniped the drivers in the humvees. Not as cool as the heli pilot, but I'll take it.

Poppygalaxy
03-22-2010, 11:49 PM

Noo :(

Iv'e done this 2 times now and its awesome.

Kaleo808
03-23-2010, 02:14 AM
i did somn like that but i did it to the pave low looking 1 shot the gunner first then i hit the pilot with out missing a shot i was just amazed at it then i did horible lol

josh785
03-23-2010, 03:19 AM
When I first bought the game about 5 matches in I was playing rush on......that one when the defenders spawn on the island, and attackers have 2 black hawks.

Well I was a defender going recon with the M24 and there was a black hawk circling us with heaps of guys in and I aimed randomly at the gunner area and pulled the trigger.........

BOOM!:uzi: I saw headshot + name and I was in the air screaming my ass off ( real life ) and then I saw another head shot + name come up and i honestly screamed so loud the neighbours knocked on the door asking what was wrong.......:confused:

One of the greatest moments in my gaming life.....simply put
:Bounce::Bounce:

mejimmeh45
03-23-2010, 06:06 AM
whats a hell wagon? any way nice i hate it when peaple do this to me.

SatNiteEduardo
03-23-2010, 09:35 AM
Also snipers stop ignoring objective. Too many times I've had team mates camping right near an objective sniping and they just sit there and watch the M-COM station blow up.

I like playing against these types of snipers who are so scoped up that they are oblivious to their surroundings. It always results in a new set of dogtags lol.

Selections
03-23-2010, 01:09 PM
I love Recon on BC2. Best sniping ive done in a long time. Isla Inocentes and Valparaiso are the best to snipe on. Its a shame that when the game first got released everyone was like "wow how did you get up there", now everyone knows the maps its getting harder to find better spots.

Managed to pull a 700+ score after marksman bonus and a few other awards. Double headshot from the first hill in Inocentes to the second to last M-Com base, all with one bullet . Had my whole squad in awe after that. Been trying to do it again ever since :p

iBlessing 09
03-23-2010, 01:32 PM
Just got a 144 no scope on a helicopter gunner :) I was being shot by it so I quickly taped RT because I knew, well I thought I was definitely going to die, but i got the gunner first, I was like
OMG.

ilessthan3u
03-23-2010, 02:12 PM
the shot that got me to level 22 my second to last achievment got me a colaterall on the hind (gunnet and driver) with 200 marksman bonus (hundred each)

PS. 1000g 22 march 2010

DeathPrevail
03-24-2010, 06:27 AM
i've sniped the driver once but i still say my best (and worst) shot was an RPG to a chopper (blackhawk i think) and it was a beautiful shot..... straight toward it..... then swish.... right through the hatchway where enemies can drop out..... basically in one side out the other i was so pissed and yet laughing my ass off at the same time

killer297
03-24-2010, 09:51 AM
I must say that i got one of the best headshots the other day playing on one of the desert map ( i still dont know them all by name) and i was defending the first objective and all of a sudden a humvee came rocketing up and i looked downmy scope and as soon as i fired the driver got out a i managed to get clean headshot :) :)

xPISTOLWHIPPEDx
03-24-2010, 10:16 AM
Yay more snipers thats just what this game needs:rant::chair

XaiXo
03-24-2010, 01:56 PM
I don't know, I've headshotted 3 blackhawk pilots out of their seats mid-flight. Headshotted a few gunners from Hinds, and nailed several Apache pilots with weapons ranging from UAV .50 (all the time) and even a smoke grenade (though I think the smoke 'nade is bugged versus helicopters).

LTC PUDIE 42X
03-24-2010, 04:40 PM
The best i got was a double headshot "not in chopper" with a 314 bonus i ended up getting 700 or 750,great shot takes alot of skill to even hit the pilot blackhawks are the easyest. its such a nice feeling to finally put the bird down its awesome when the gunners stay and blow up

MediumMelanin
03-24-2010, 09:18 PM
Try Trace Darting a UAV...yeah, I did it, and I was amazed...for the lolz...

Malky
03-24-2010, 10:16 PM
Its quite fun trying to do this, i was trying and failing to do this for a while then i turned my sensitivity up and then once you get used to the bullet drop you can get alot of blackhawk kills especially if the pilot is a idiot.

Mt favourite shot was when me and a mate were sniping on the map where you defend on an island and the enemy have 2 choppers and a few boats. Anyway we were waiting for the choppers and then saw a Jet ski going sideways past us at full speed, we both shot at the same time i got the guy on the back he got the driver, it was so funny at the time because we never counted down or anything it was just random.

XFistsClenchedX
03-24-2010, 10:49 PM
I also downed a helicopter by sniping the pilot while they were flying around. He was pretty far away but he was flying in a straight line in my direction. My first shot missed but my second shot was a headshot. It's easily the most satisfying thing I will do in Bad Company 2. I've tried replicating it, but I can't. It's a mix of skill and a bunch of things coming together.

DarkCrown
03-25-2010, 02:06 AM
I've successfully kill a chopper with c4 , while it was in the air :D

The chopper came really close to me , I throw a c4 in the air an detonate it , the chopper explode , but with the c4 impact it kill me. ahaha

And the other awesome shot that I which I had a recorder :(

I was in the level with the autumn theme (small island with 2 base when you start , then the 2 other base are on the other side of the lake)

I was at B. at the 2nd base and I see a chopper going back to the first spawn point to get repair , I took my RPG and aim in that direction and It destroy the chopper from across the map :D I was so happy

FingeredPope
03-25-2010, 02:34 AM
Personally when it comes to sniping, I really only do it in Hardcore.
1. Its one shot kill no matter what.
Now don't get me wrong, I can still take another snipers head off at 200m but when all I see through my scope is a little silhouette sprinting around well i'll take a body shot kill.
2. No kill cams.
When I find that sweet sniper spot where I can see everything, well then its going to take a skilled player on the opposing team to uproot me.

Sorry to be off topic for a sec, but that is a nice shot.

Xxtrue2dagamexX
03-28-2010, 05:31 PM
I hit the pilot and the gunner in one shot in the map that has the lighthouse. in rush its before the lighthouse,

assasinsflame
03-28-2010, 10:58 PM
That's an awesome shot. I got 3 of those one game with the M95 and the next round I blew up 2 helicopters with the sniper. It's crazy.:uzi:

iBlessing 09
03-29-2010, 06:29 AM
i've sniped the driver once but i still say my best (and worst) shot was an RPG to a chopper (blackhawk i think) and it was a beautiful shot..... straight toward it..... then swish.... right through the hatchway where enemies can drop out..... basically in one side out the other i was so pissed and yet laughing my ass off at the same time
I got almost identical to this but if you hit the inside of it, it doesn't hurt it or hurt the people inside.

JTBALD
03-29-2010, 05:33 PM
One rush game, I shot a M95 shot that went through the chopper's gunner, the pilot's chair, and then went through the pilots head. I got a double kill and a 483 MARKSMAN bonus.

Also in another game i got a double kill by shooting both pilots of an apoche. By far the 2 nicest shots i have ever taken.