PDA

View Full Version : Demolition Man - Boost-Free in 5 Hours

AngelArmed
03-17-2010, 01:20 PM
I legitimately got the Demolition Man achievement last night without boosting, in only 5 hours. Upon reaching rank 20, I only had TWO Demolition 2.0 kills. So just "playing until I get it" was clearly not an option. But I wasn't too interested in the hassle of trying to boost the achievement either. So I did a lot of reading on forums, watched YouTube videos, etc. to try to come up with a decent strategy for knocking it out. Read on for how I did it.

What to Do:

Carry C4: I know people have had success with mortar strikes, but if I am in a building and I hear mortars, I'm on high alert to jump out of the building if necessary. Stick to C4.
Play on Rush: This should be a given, but the buildings housing the crates are player magnets. This gives you an easy target.
Be on Defense: Sneaking up to an objective building with C4 can be easier said than done.
Locate Crates on 2nd Floors: You want to locate a crate that is on the 2nd floor of a building. This enables you to place C4 on the first floor, preventing the blast from killing the enemies. If you trigger the C4 the moment the enemy arms a crate, he'll have a hard time finding an exit in time since he isn't on ground level. I had the absolute best luck with Objective Bravo on the first area of the Nelson Bay map, but there are others that would work just as well.

The Downsides:

You will end up destroying your team's objectives.
Due to above, your team will hate you.
It's boring. I could've done this in 3 hours but kept getting distracted, hunting down snipers, etc.

I felt like quite a tool continually blowing up my own team's crates, but DICE should have thought that through before creating such a ridiculous achievement. Requiring FIVE Demolition 2.0 kills would have been far more reasonable.

I hope this post helps you! If it does, please let me know. Good luck! :)

C4 Placement Diagram:
https://blazerbrusa.box.net/shared/static/rb0y88dlyn.jpg
Note: I did use the Improved Demolitions specialization.

Barad
03-17-2010, 01:23 PM
Nice tip man. I already got the achievement but ill let my friends know ;)

martoth zince
03-17-2010, 03:26 PM
man u are the best there is the best the was :P mean it works like a peach done it in 30mins not all 20 no i had like 9 left one set of C4 BOOM 10 dead And it pop up

iBlessing 09
03-17-2010, 03:29 PM
I was trying this and I C4ed a 3 story building, can't remember what map it was and I looked up to the roof and 6 people jumped off :p

There must have been 1-3 people up there then they all spawned on them.

Pentexrx8
03-17-2010, 03:33 PM
Can you provide tips on placement of the C4 and perhaps which maps you found to be especially good?

Every time I try I put it on the interior walls. I usually toss an ammo box down and place 4-5 charges on the 4-5 walls. It doesn't always take it down. Should we avoid walls near stairs and near the fire places?

I agree, 5 woul be hard enough to have provided us with an achievable achievement without having to smash our own M-Coms.

AgEnT STARZz
03-17-2010, 03:41 PM
Ive only got 5kills so far and mostly by mortar strikes! but i dont really want to boost this but its taking quite awhile todo!

Falifax
03-17-2010, 03:52 PM
Great tips but I've done this on Conquest and map White Pass, everybody were trying to cap B and hiding in buildings at top floors so this was an easy one

MXSP
03-17-2010, 03:56 PM
Just tried this for a bit on Port Valdez, couldn't even get to a colapsable building I was lagging so much, going to try again later on White Pass.

metallicorphan
03-17-2010, 04:06 PM
i have tried C4 and all i get are C4 kills not Demo 2.0....with mortar strikes i am actually getting the odd demo 2.0 kill now and then

Rush is one of the worse game modes ever i absolutely can't stand it,its certainly no fun trying to go for this achievement while doing that game mode,you even try to get close with C4 in your hand and you never make it

i will stick to Conquest and Mortars thanks

Uncookable Pig
03-17-2010, 04:12 PM
I got this pretty easy to. i just used the assult class and put on a shot gun so i had C4s then i put on the perk thing that lets you carry double the explosives and put the other perk that gives you more explosive power. good thing is you can just put an ammo pack and refil on C4s aswell.:uzi:

AngelArmed
03-17-2010, 04:22 PM
man u are the best there is the best the was :P mean it works like a peach done it in 30mins not all 20 no i had like 9 left one set of C4 BOOM 10 dead And it pop up
Happy to help! :woop:

Can you provide tips on placement of the C4 and perhaps which maps you found to be especially good?

Every time I try I put it on the interior walls. I usually toss an ammo box down and place 4-5 charges on the 4-5 walls. It doesn't always take it down. Should we avoid walls near stairs and near the fire places?

I agree, 5 woul be hard enough to have provided us with an achievable achievement without having to smash our own M-Coms.
I always played a recon class carrying 6 C4 charges, and that was all I needed. Place all charges on the outside, one very near each corner of the building. If you place C4 directly on some corners, I've seen them go off and not even make a dent. Place the remaining two in the middle of two opposite walls. If the building is a rectangle and not a square, such as the first Objective Bravo on Nelson Bay, place the last two on the longer walls.

Here's a simple layout of how I'd place C4 on a rectangular building. Pardon the crap quality. Sneaking this in at work!

As far as maps, I had such luck with Nelson Bay that I stuck with that map. Do a quick match on Rush / Nelson Bay. If you don't get placed into a relatively new match on the defending team, drop out and search for another match. If you don't want to deal with this, just keep in mind that you're looking for small, multi-level buildings that can be dropped. Even if the crate is on the 1st floor, many people will arm the charge and then run upstairs to defend from there.

AngelArmed
03-17-2010, 04:26 PM
i have tried C4 and all i get are C4 kills not Demo 2.0....with mortar strikes i am actually getting the odd demo 2.0 kill now and then

Rush is one of the worse game modes ever i absolutely can't stand it,its certainly no fun trying to go for this achievement while doing that game mode,you even try to get close with C4 in your hand and you never make it

i will stick to Conquest and Mortars thanks

If you'd read my post carefully, you'd notice that I explained how to both avoid killing enemies with the C4 blast as well as how to safely plant the C4 charges without getting killed. You're certainly welcome to keep hoping for lucky mortar strike kills, but for someone who's more interested in checking the achievement off their list quickly, I'm pretty sure my method will work better.

AgEnT STARZz
03-17-2010, 05:01 PM
You're certainly welcome to keep hoping for lucky mortar strike kills, but for someone who's more interested in checking the achievement off their list quickly, I'm pretty sure my method will work better.

this is true! 1 kill with my 1st try with c4's but i was motar striking a house for a few tries and just trying my 3rd bombing when my team mate beats me to it and gets 4kills! was not impresssed!

big red marino
03-17-2010, 05:07 PM
If you'd read my post carefully, you'd notice that I explained how to both avoid killing enemies with the C4 blast as well as how to safely plant the C4 charges without getting killed. You're certainly welcome to keep hoping for lucky mortar strike kills, but for someone who's more interested in checking the achievement off their list quickly, I'm pretty sure my method will work better.

Thanks...I used the C4 method in the campaign just messing around but my 5 or 6 kills have come from mortar strike or tanks...and you are right most people flee. I will start giving this a shot.

Tem0n
03-17-2010, 05:30 PM
Awesome tip! Thanks for this post.

Has anyone confirmed if team kills count towards this achievement? I have accidentally got 2 TK Demo 2.0 kills... :(

martoth zince
03-17-2010, 05:57 PM
Awesome tip! Thanks for this post.

Has anyone confirmed if team kills count towards this achievement? I have accidentally got 2 TK Demo 2.0 kills... :(

Team kills dont count :(

AgEnT STARZz
03-17-2010, 06:02 PM
Team kills dont count :(

but it doesnt stop people trying though!! sniping out a window and the building started shaking then team kill

guillermo316
03-17-2010, 06:37 PM
crazy, i only gotten like 5<6>7 2.0 killz, its all luck. and i get really mad when i get to the ouse and someone killz me from the espalda! ROFL!

Sniper Riflez
03-17-2010, 07:55 PM
5 hours of trying and I have 3 demoliton kills. This achievement is the most frustrating achievement i've ever even attempted. The building either doesn't collapse, the guy gets killed by the C4 despite being upstairs or i'm in an area with no houses.

TalTsinth
03-17-2010, 08:02 PM
Will try this later. Hopefully not too many people will be angry =(

Poppygalaxy
03-17-2010, 09:22 PM
Oh man seriously nice. Just what i needed. Perhaps i will get it now :) Only got one so far whit over 30 hours of play :p

One question, You will place the C4 on the lower level right?
you may have wrote it and just didn't see it :P

Hitman H94
03-17-2010, 09:30 PM
ill try this thnks

M1keX
03-17-2010, 09:33 PM
Something else to try guys its how i got mine,
You'll need the granade vest for this one and use the assult class, go onto the map ''white pass'' theres about 5 - 6 houses on there, do this on squad deathmatch and play until u see someone go into a house or u see them in the window,
Then go into the house and put your ammo box down stay near the box and just granade the walls untill the building starts to shake and your dude says to get out of there, u can get anything from 1 - 4+ demo kills depending on whos in there (sometimes a full squad camps in one house).

Using this i got 2 demo triple kills in one game, altho took me awhile as sometime noone stays in houses, but i found this the best way :D

If your lucky you can get this in about 2 -3 games

Also quit out at the start of the next match and re search for white pass, always a new game going :D

Hope this helps

daninthemix
03-17-2010, 11:40 PM
I legitimately got the Demolition Man achievement last night without boosting, in only 5 hours. Upon reaching rank 20, I only had TWO Demolition 2.0 kills. So just "playing until I get it" was clearly not an option. But I wasn't too interested in the hassle of trying to boost the achievement either. So I did a lot of reading on forums, watched YouTube videos, etc. to try to come up with a decent strategy for knocking it out. Read on for how I did it.

What to Do:

Carry C4: I know people have had success with mortar strikes, but if I am in a building and I hear mortars, I'm on high alert to jump out of the building if necessary. Stick to C4.
Play on Rush: This should be a given, but the buildings housing the crates are player magnets. This gives you an easy target.
Be on Defense: Sneaking up to an objective building with C4 can be easier said than done.
Locate Crates on 2nd Floors: You want to locate a crate that is on the 2nd floor of a building. This enables you to place C4 on the first floor, preventing the blast from killing the enemies. If you trigger the C4 the moment the enemy arms a crate, he'll have a hard time finding an exit in time since he isn't on ground level. I had the absolute best luck with Objective Bravo on the first area of the Nelson Bay map, but there are others that would work just as well.

The Downsides:

It's boring. I could've done this in 3 hours but kept getting distracted, hunting down snipers, etc.

I felt like quite a tool continually blowing up my own team's crates, but DICE should have thought that through before creating such a ridiculous achievement. Requiring FIVE Demolition 2.0 kills would have been far more reasonable.

I hope the above helps you! If it does, please let me know. Good luck! :)

Great advice and totally agree that developers need to consider more carefully how dick-headed they're being before adding 'clever' achievements like this.

metallicorphan
03-17-2010, 11:46 PM

well i tried it again,like you said i planted C4 everywhere when the box was upstairs but the other side(attackers) just throw in grenades,which in turn sets of my C4 and that brings the house down and that kills whoever is on my team inside and that also destroys the box i was meant to be protecting

got 5 today from Conquest,so hopefully it wont be long now

Anji
03-18-2010, 01:17 AM
Sabotaging your teams objective for an achievement is wrong. You would be off killing your teammates and getting it that way.

The Dark St0rm
03-18-2010, 01:38 AM
Sabotaging your teams objective for an achievement is wrong. You would be off killing your teammates and getting it that way.

Well its not our fault that they made an achievement like this that takes forever and is very hard to ever get right.

Ganluan
03-18-2010, 02:50 AM
I have been trying this for several hours and have just reached 10 kills. I usually die before I can plant or miss the enemies when it actually collapses. Wish I had nelson bay at least...

McGoogles
03-18-2010, 03:01 AM

Yes, but sometimes the building won't collapse. Pick the Assault class, get a shotgun (because it comes with C4), pick the Explosives Upgrade perk as well as the Explosive Damage perk, and plant 5 C4's on the bottom and the last C4 on one of the walls of the second story. It will definitley bring it down.

Poppygalaxy
03-18-2010, 08:43 AM
Yes, but sometimes the building won't collapse. Pick the Assault class, get a shotgun (because it comes with C4), pick the Explosives Upgrade perk as well as the Explosive Damage perk, and plant 5 C4's on the bottom and the last C4 on one of the walls of the second story. It will definitley bring it down.

Ok THX. Definitely going to try this when i get of school :)

Edit: Another noobish question, if you leave the battle before it ends, will the kills still count,

Oh and it works perfectly :) Now 2, Hell yeah

AngelArmed
03-19-2010, 02:23 AM
I might agree if there was a significant benefit to winning a match. But there truly isn't.. It's a shame you don't get 500+ points for being on the winning team.

Yes, place it around 1/3 up the first floor.

4Another noobish question, if you leave the battle before it ends, will the kills still count,

Oh and it works perfectly :) Now 2, Hell yeah
Yes, the kills still count. I always bailed on a match when I'd blown all the suitable buildings. Glad to hear it's working out for you. :)

Justaname86
03-19-2010, 07:04 AM
Hope not to add to confusion but I got this achivement legitimately earlier this evening with 2 enemies and 1 ally in the same house, (Rush FTW) So im not sure if team kills do count.. If they do, Im not sorry that I killed so many team mates and sacrificed team objectives multiple times, if not..Damn.

some tips from me is just get a tank and go crazy, shoot every building regardless if you know someone is in there or not, never stop moving, (Mortar strikes/Stationary RPG's suck.) and it helps to have a gunner. Best map for my strategy is Arica Harbour Rush mode, Defenders or attackers, either works.

In a single round I racked up a total:
3 Team Objective destroys (Sorry! lol)
4 Team Destruction 2.0 kills (Again, not confirmed if these count.)
3 Enemy Destruction 2.0 kills

Anji
03-19-2010, 07:08 AM
I might agree if there was a significant benefit to winning a match. But there truly isn't.. It's a shame you don't get 500+ points for being on the winning team.

I can tell you that 11 people on your team want to win more than getting 1 player a 15 point chieveo. Even if it was 1 point, I want to win every match I play. I would rather a selfish player take 10 of my infinite lives than take 1 of the 6-10 Mcom stations.:uzi:

How Narcissistic is it to put a value for a whole team of players??!!

Poppygalaxy
03-19-2010, 08:50 AM
I can tell you that 11 people on your team want to win more than getting 1 player a 15 point chieveo. Even if it was 1 point, I want to win every match I play. I would rather a selfish player take 10 of my infinite lives than take 1 of the 6-10 Mcom stations.:uzi:

How Narcissistic is it to put a value for a whole team of players??!!

But if you destroy ONE objective and you team losses they would mostlikly lose anyway. I mean how often do you win whit only one left

AngelArmed
03-19-2010, 11:48 AM
So im not sure if team kills do count..
Team kills definitely did NOT count for me.

But if you destroy ONE objective and you team losses they would mostlikly lose anyway. I mean how often do you win whit only one left
Couldn't agree more.

pined5551
03-19-2010, 01:33 PM
My method is slower, and less legit by a long shot. Me and my mate have been playing on Arica Harbour and then staying away from the action, remaining in the town area, lots of buildings to destroy and you get around 6 demo2.0 kills a match. Slow yes, borring, yes. but hey, it'll get the job done. We also find this a good map to boost any awards that are tricky to get, like the three road kills and 4 car kills.

Doing it this way also allows for a good opportunity to get those pesky revenge nemesis pins. I have never been killed by the same time guy 5 times, and dont play on letting someone in a legit game either, lol. So that insignia is doing my nut in ahah

WarDawg52
03-19-2010, 03:01 PM
i might have to give this a try. I can't seem to get any Demolition kills.

Ganluan
03-19-2010, 03:10 PM
I finally got this achievement yesterday, here's some of my tips on it as well:

-Team kills DO NOT count. It unlocked at exactly 20 enemies killed.
-I tried doing this before getting Improved Demolitions... it's not worth it.

-I found the best map to be Port Valdez. A in the first group can easily be collapsed on (although it's a small building so you'll probably kill anyone with the C4 alone).

But, the building behind it (with a stationary gun looking down at A) is great. Snipers like to hang around up there many times, so I'd run in as an attacker, throw as much C4 as I could and detonate. Got 2 guys more than once doing this.

The second set is the real gold mine though: Both objectives are inside buildings that can be demolished. A is a pretty big office building which means your C4 probably won't kill whoever is trying to arm/disarm the objective before the demolish happens. Plus, since it's it is pretty large you can catch multiple people in it. B has the objective on the second floor so you can easily lay a trap as either attacker/defender and catch people upstairs that will survive the C4 explosion.

The only downside is if you pre-plant as a defender and a tank shoots the building. That will likely detonate all of your explosives and penalize you as well, but I actually got a couple D 2.0 kills because an enemy happened to run in while the enemy tank was shooting the building.

HuskyHuscarl
03-19-2010, 11:55 PM
Im also struggling on this achievement
I think I have around 4 demolition kills at the moment
Just cant seem to move that total
Near enough, last hard achievement to do on Battlefield BC2:mad:

goorath
03-20-2010, 06:48 PM
I finally got it this afternoon. It must have taken a good 4 or 5 hours in total. A very frustrating achievement to get. I discovered that the easiest places to get it were defending the first two B crates on Nelsons Bay following the strategic placement of charges as described above.

Strangely I discovered that the best time to detonate a building, was arriving on the scene with my C4 moments after the charge was detonated. Then slapping a couple of bricks on the remaining few walls -- this almost always resulted in 3 or 4 kills.

Oh and watch out for mortar strikes. There's nothing more irritating than seeing that your C4 is just aiding the enemies mortar strikes and getting you no demo 2.0 kills.

SacredGamer
03-20-2010, 06:54 PM
So what Maps are best for this.
I keep trying on Port Valdez.
But I either kill people in the building with my tank or nobodys inside when I collapse the building.

Tommycbs
03-20-2010, 07:18 PM
emmm i guess this is a ok method :) ty m8

Ryo47
03-20-2010, 08:32 PM
I myself have gone from 1 demo 2.0 kill to 16 in about three hours thanks to this method :woop:

I also have found that the first two B M-Com stations on Nelson Bay have worked the best for me.

Thank you AngelArmed for this method.

HuskyHuscarl
03-20-2010, 11:17 PM
I guess I will try this tomorrow
And say goodbye to my kill/death ratio :p

goorath
03-21-2010, 05:26 AM
It is quite funny when you join a Nelson's Bay and discover someone else is also wiring B with C4... it then becomes a sort of race to see who gets the kills first.

The Danielnator
03-21-2010, 06:38 AM

What to Do:

The Downsides:

I hope this post helps you! If it does, please let me know. Good luck! :)

C4 Placement Diagram:

This guide bears all the marks of a professional. Are you a doctor or a serial killer? Very detailed, concise and complete guide. A+ thread, give this guy an award.

SoBeRxFTW
03-21-2010, 08:56 AM
I think this will help. Thanks.

The Danielnator
03-21-2010, 10:17 AM
So I used this for a bit today and had great success. Remember you can get C4 as assault if you choose a shotgun or as a Recon (which I prefer for some maps because of the motion mine, I use it with G3). In a couple of matches where it was 8v8 or a similar small game I planted C4, then armed the charge on the objective and ran as far away as I could, people going to disarm have tunnel vision and didn't see me so after a couple enter the building I would detonate the C4, some would die from the C4 but I would always get a kill or two from demolition.

AngelArmed
03-21-2010, 03:35 PM
I myself have gone from 1 demo 2.0 kill to 16 in about three hours thanks to this method :woop:

Thank you AngelArmed for this method.
Nice, man! :)

So I used this for a bit today and had great success.
Glad this worked for you as well! :woop:

guillermo316
03-21-2010, 06:57 PM
Squad death match destryo every building, that how i got it

DeliriumTri99er
03-21-2010, 08:44 PM
Good tips. I'll have to try this.

LTC PUDIE 42X
03-22-2010, 02:05 AM
Teammates shoot my C4 O_o i only need one more kill

HuskyHuscarl
03-23-2010, 09:12 PM
Soo... I finally got this achievement today and the feelings great (I get out) The first hour I tried this method I must have got maybe 12 demolish kills! But also the grenade launcher, with extra ammo and more powerful ammo is pretty good too, for finishing off a building in the distance and not chancing snipers

Also id just like to add, they should have made the cheevo 5 demolish kills
Cause when you play rush all the time your own team are blowing up your M-com links after the cheevo, thats just annoying :)
Good guide anyway!

Covo2010
03-23-2010, 10:38 PM
Thanks man got 19 demoltion kills now had 2 before.

Venguard
03-24-2010, 12:37 AM
* Removed by User after reading whole thread *

bob101910
03-24-2010, 02:09 AM

I agree with you.

vetteindreams
03-24-2010, 05:14 AM
@AngelArmed- thanks for the posts mate - i got kills with the C4 whilst boosting this with friends. (so of 4 friends the result was 2demo, 2c4)

the building was 2 storey and i planted all around on the ground floor and one on the ceiling - should i be expecting a better ratio of demo kills to c4 kills?

AngelArmed
03-24-2010, 05:47 PM
Good guide anyway!
Thanks, man. :)

Thanks man got 19 demoltion kills now had 2 before.
Glad it helped! :woop:

@AngelArmed- thanks for the posts mate - i got kills with the C4 whilst boosting this with friends. (so of 4 friends the result was 2demo, 2c4) the building was 2 storey and i planted all around on the ground floor and one on the ceiling - should i be expecting a better ratio of demo kills to c4 kills?
I'm assuming everyone was on the 2nd floor? In my experience, virtually any enemies on the ground floor will get taken out by the C4. If you blow the C4 the instant the charge is set on the crate, you shouldn't have as much trouble.

MFCH 37
03-27-2010, 03:22 PM
I had 0 destruction kills until last night I read about White Pass on Squad DM. 9 kills in less than an hour all by myself.

I would get into one of the two story houses right as the match started and rig it with 6 C4 (with mk2 damage) and then went upstairs and into the attic. I played as recon so I could use my motion mines to detect enemies in the building and when they would enter and work their way up I'd trigger the c4, and try to make it out of the 2nd floor window.

rogueguy23
04-01-2010, 05:58 AM
Squad Deathmatch on White Pass has worked best for me, but thanks to your C4 diagram I am able to get multiple demo 2.0 kills per match.

GrayFox006
04-01-2010, 12:11 PM
Thanks for the tips. I've been trying to get them as I go, but I might as well knock it out your way. I only have about 6 enemy Demo 2.0 kills and 8 teamkills. I guess all those blinking C4 charges around the house weren't a big enough clue that they shoudn't hold out in there. These were all in Homes next to flag in Conquest mode. I don't really care if my team hates me if I get any complaints I can just say to blame DICE for making it 20 and not a lower number :P

AngelArmed
04-01-2010, 03:20 PM
I don't really care if my team hates me if I get any complaints I can just say to blame DICE for making it 20 and not a lower number :P

I'm with you there. Cheers to DICE for making such a great multiplayer game, but they should've thought through how this achievement could impact gameplay.

pr0x1
04-01-2010, 10:25 PM
I can't get this shit... I tried today for about 3 hours on team deathmatch. My stupid squad gets into my C4'd house and I get teamkills. In 3 hours I got 2 enemy demo kills and about 25 of my own team :(

This achievement is retarded. I am going to boost it with my brother.

OVERRATED87
04-02-2010, 02:28 AM
My 2 cents here...sorry if its been posted I'm too lazy to read. I did this boost free in about 6 hrs total, here's how. Laguna Alta, Conquest, Flag A, Mortar the Barn.

At the start of the match, get to a view of the barn as quickly as possible and throw down a mortar strike on the roof. This works best if the enemy is controlling A. Seek high ground across the creek, get a good view of the barn, rinse and repeat the strikes methodically, don't just try to bring it down ASAP. You wont get a demo kill every match, just be patient and they will come, usually 2 at a time. I had some idiot drive his tank into the barn one time and I collected 4 demos at one time.

The door on the side of C has a good view of the barn also, stay on the steps and creep up 'til you see it. I usually perched by the fence by the shed, or the house by C...depending on which side I started on.

pr0x1
04-02-2010, 11:25 AM
lol got 4 kills just now did not even try. I blew the house and all the snipers jumped out. But because they where too close to the house they still got killed and I got the 2.0 kills.

The Raam Train
04-02-2010, 12:44 PM
got my last 13 kills last night by just playing the game and speccing an assault class with m1a1 thompson and c4, then when attacking collapsing any bombsite building that can be.

worked a charm, got me loads of points and also did NOT piss off my teammates since only did on attacking :)

best map I found was nelson bay. both buildings can be collapsed on the first set, and B in the second. one game for example got me 6 2.0 kills from these three building collapses, 3 from one 2 from other and 1 from last.

SouP x360a
04-05-2010, 06:45 PM
i love you for posting this method. i grinded out this acheievement in around 6 hours using it, starting with 0 demo 2.0 kills. you just have to keep at it. this should be stickied or put into the guide.

MediumMelanin
04-05-2010, 09:02 PM
6 C4s in one house is all that's needed when the house is at 100% health? No extra explosive upgrades required to bring it down!? Sweet, I usually use 6 C4s, but they don't bring down the house...I use one in every corner, and one on each side of the house (6), I'll try this method to bring down houses, I wanna get 100 Deconstruction 2.0 kills, since I already got the achievement, legit, before rank 22!

Daggra
04-05-2010, 09:57 PM
6 C4s in one house is all that's needed when the house is at 100% health? No extra explosive upgrades required to bring it down!? Sweet, I usually use 6 C4s, but they don't bring down the house...I use one in every corner, and one on each side of the house (6), I'll try this method to bring down houses, I wanna get 100 Deconstruction 2.0 kills, since I already got the achievement, legit, before rank 22!

Yeah, do you need the extra explosive damage perk? And should the C4 be on the OUTSIDE of the building? Because that's what it looks like in the diagram.

AngelArmed
04-06-2010, 03:37 PM
i love you for posting this method. i grinded out this acheievement in around 6 hours using it, starting with 0 demo 2.0 kills. you just have to keep at it. this should be stickied or put into the guide.
Sweet, man!:rock

6 C4s in one house is all that's needed when the house is at 100% health?
6 worked for me reliably, but I was using the Improved Demolitions specialization.

Yeah, do you need the extra explosive damage perk? And should the C4 be on the OUTSIDE of the building? Because that's what it looks like in the diagram.
I used the Improved Demolitions specialization. And definitely place your C4 outside. Placing it inside increases the risk of killing enemies with C4.

TheSurprise
04-07-2010, 12:40 AM
Just curious but is there any way to see your progress on this one? looked through the pages and couldnt find anything but never know if i overlooked something. Thanks ahead of time.

lordopus99
04-07-2010, 02:26 AM
Just curious but is there any way to see your progress on this one? looked through the pages and couldnt find anything but never know if i overlooked something. Thanks ahead of time.

You can see those on stats-o-matic page under achievement section. http://bfbc2.elxx.net/

I have 7 doing it legit. When it happens, it happens. I refuse to do the method since it is counterproductive to the team.

Bomber v4
04-07-2010, 02:34 AM
Thanks for these great tips. Ill give this a shot next time I play the game.

smellypotatoes
04-07-2010, 07:06 PM
thanks thill help me get last 12 kills

Infection Ftw
04-09-2010, 02:58 PM
But...you spawn with 3 C4's right? So how should I plant 6 if I don't have an ammo kit near from an Assault unit?

pined5551
04-09-2010, 03:00 PM
But...you spawn with 3 C4's right? So how should I plant 6 if I don't have an ammo kit near from an Assault unit?

If you choose the assault kit to begin with, select a primary weapon that is not from the assault kit, like G3 or shotgun, the you can have C4. Choose all the explosive upgrades and then you can carry 6 plus be able to resupply yourself with ammo.

Of course this depends on you having all the right upgrades unlcoked.

Infection Ftw
04-09-2010, 03:19 PM
If you choose the assault kit to begin with, select a primary weapon that is not from the assault kit, like G3 or shotgun, the you can have C4. Choose all the explosive upgrades and then you can carry 6 plus be able to resupply yourself with ammo.

Of course this depends on you having all the right upgrades unlcoked.

Just noticed the Explosion upgrade thing and I watched this video:

YouTube- Battlefield BC 2 Demolition Man Achievement Guide

But how do you unlock C4 at the Engineer class? I only have it at Recon? And for Assault? Since ammo kit ftw to get C4

pined5551
04-09-2010, 03:24 PM
But how do you unlock C4 at the Engineer class? I only have it at Recon? And for Assault? Since ammo kit ftw to get C4

Im not sure if you can use C4 with the engineer class. At least I have never tried, or looked. Either way you'd run out of ammo to quick, using the assault is the most effetive way of doing what he was doing in that video. I haven't really been bothering with demo 2.0 kills. I'll get around to boosting it at some point though.

Infection Ftw
04-09-2010, 03:29 PM
Im not sure if you can use C4 with the engineer class. At least I have never tried, or looked. Either way you'd run out of ammo to quick, using the assault is the most effetive way of doing what he was doing in that video. I haven't really been bothering with demo 2.0 kills. I'll get around to boosting it at some point though.

Legit doesn't seem to bad. Already got 2 now I think:p I was planting c4 and got shot and suddenly I got a score spree with all kind of stuff:p and I just noticed that you have C4 at Assault if you pick a weapon like shotgun..oops:p

exo-apollo
04-09-2010, 05:21 PM
Hah man I really wish people would stop blowing up our own crates when we play now. Hasn't everybody gotten their points yet? Fuck achievements, all our scores are tiny we are never going to reach the top, so what's the point? They don't give out medals to people who come 253,000th ya know. Ah nevermind, I'm more mad at DICE for putting it in there than I am you all.

Infection Ftw
04-09-2010, 06:25 PM
Hah man I really wish people would stop blowing up our own crates when we play now. Hasn't everybody gotten their points yet? Fuck achievements, all our scores are tiny we are never going to reach the top, so what's the point? They don't give out medals to people who come 253,000th ya know. Ah nevermind, I'm more mad at DICE for putting it in there than I am you all.

Yeah I don't like it that I screwed my team over with Rush but the Squad Deathmatch is a better mode anyway:) So I don't really fuck my team up with it AND it's faster. Still 20 is too much. Glad when I have it. They shouldn't make online achievements that result in screwing up your team or boosting.

Redm0nd G
04-09-2010, 06:45 PM
Will try this one later then as I only have 2 naturally and currently level 19. My squads not going to like me haha :uzi:

smellypotatoes
04-09-2010, 09:00 PM
this will take forever lol

PG_MaxPayne
04-09-2010, 09:56 PM
Great strategy! I'll use this for sure when I start working on Demo 2.0 kills. Currently I have 0 so hopefully I can get it in a reasonable amount of time.

JuSt BLaZe
04-10-2010, 01:02 AM
Haha, nice one AngelArmed.
I'm gonna try this. :woop:

wexnlex
04-10-2010, 05:23 AM
Just do squad DM on white-something map, that's not the official name but it's all snowy, and there are quite a bit of houses. Anyways people often camp in the attic..Just hang back and toss motion mines to see which ones might make good tries..Not hard I got the last 9 I needed in about 3 hours. Some were lucky tho..also had moderate success with previous method but a lot of people were trying to do it.

Infection Ftw
04-10-2010, 11:24 AM
Either people don't like houses anymore or I have bad luck..my last 4 games no-one stayed in a building on the second floor..

pined5551
04-10-2010, 11:47 AM
Either people don't like houses anymore or I have bad luck..my last 4 games no-one stayed in a building on the second floor..

Yeah, it requires a lot of patience, something i don't have. That is why i am going to be checky and boost it 1v1 on Arica Harbour :p

Infection Ftw
04-10-2010, 11:53 AM
Yeah, it requires a lot of patience, something i don't have. That is why i am going to be checky and boost it 1v1 on Arica Harbour :p

Already got someone or do you still need somone? Getting sick of killing people with C4 instead of demo 2.0 or no-one is houses.

pined5551
04-10-2010, 12:34 PM
Already got someone or do you still need somone? Getting sick of killing people with C4 instead of demo 2.0 or no-one is houses.

Not really, i helped a guy out a while ago and we haven't gotten around to doing mine, so if you are free today, send me a friend request and we can get started. Shouldn't take too long.

spartan9209
04-10-2010, 06:41 PM
Another method that I use instead of using C4 is to put the vehicle quick reload perk on and hop into the UAV and fire its missiles at buildings that contain objectives on Rush. It's a slower method to take down the buildings but works just as effectively.
A second way that I use sometimes that is a lot faster is when playing the rush map with the island on it, is to get into a chopper with a good pilot and man the mini-gun. When you are attacking the second set of objectives, spray your mini-gun into the walls of most buildings until they break apart and the building hopefully collapses on a few people.
These can be more effective because they keep you safe (usually) and you there is almost no chance of killing someone with explosives (even the UAV missile has to be almost a direct on someone to kill them)

JesusBread
04-11-2010, 05:36 AM
Had a great run today. I played a bit with my friend and ended up getting 10 or 11 more kills towards the achievement. I think I need 3 or 4 more... It was great while it lasted. The first few games I had were filled with luck. I hopped in the UAV and knocked down B in Nelson Bay and got 5 kills. 5 people in one house... Love it. Then I knocked down A by using one UAV shot right before getting shot down and got one more kill. The rest of the kills were just 1 or 2 kills per building that I got using my 40 MM grenades.

smellypotatoes
04-11-2010, 11:29 AM
i did this for my last 5 kills on isla innocents attacking the second bases

indirect76
04-14-2010, 06:01 PM
OK, Nelson Bay does not show up in the selectable maps for rush (or any game mode for that matter). Am I missing something?

Stg H Stiglitz
04-14-2010, 07:43 PM
nice gonna give this a whirl, done all legit, but this one is a challenge, even et tu, brute ach was tough as my mate wouldnt let me stab him so i had to hunt him down git!

exorr
04-14-2010, 09:04 PM
If you enjoy this game and are in it for more than achievements you can get this without sabotaging your own teams objectives. Using the method below is working well for me and I don't always chose white pass, I just focus on trying to get 2.0 when I get thrown into a match on that map.

Class: Assault
Weapon: Anything with the grenade launcher
Map: White Pass
Game Type: Conquest

There are a huge number of buildings around B and C and each of them always has people inside. You can easily sit in another building (out of sight) and shoot grenades at these other buildings, eventually taking them out. Just try to wait to hit it the last time until someones in it. I've gotten 10 demo kills in the past 3-4 days like this and I only play 3 hours a night or so and maybe 4 games on white pass during that time.

indirect76
04-14-2010, 09:35 PM
I must be playing a different game or something. None of these tips help. It's so hard to bring down a building. I have to plant 15 C4s to bring down a 3 floor house on White Pass. The grenade launcher doesn't even break the wall. What gives?

spartan9209
04-14-2010, 10:01 PM
OK, Nelson Bay does not show up in the selectable maps for rush (or any game mode for that matter). Am I missing something?

You must get a VIP code and download map pack 1 to access Nelson Bay. It is a rush only map.

KNIGHTOFSERA
04-14-2010, 11:43 PM
I personally think squad deathmatch on white pass is the best was to go

I got a grenade launcher and knocked out the walls, there is almost always at least one enemy in a building, got 8 in a few matches in one day

before that I tried rush nelson bay, and rush on isla inocentes..doing fence insta destroy gltich......those werent reliable or fast...

so for me white pass/ Squad deathmatch/ grenade launcher

Stg H Stiglitz
04-15-2010, 06:44 PM
how do u get 6c4 packages!

indirect76
04-15-2010, 10:52 PM
You can get 6 C4s by playing the Recon Class. Not sure if you start out with it or if you have to unlock it with points.

In case some are unaware, there are 'perks' you can choose while viewing the class/weapon selection screen between spawns. I think I was level 7 or 8 before I even noticed them.

AngelArmed
04-16-2010, 02:09 PM
I must be playing a different game or something. None of these tips help. It's so hard to bring down a building. I have to plant 15 C4s to bring down a 3 floor house on White Pass. The grenade launcher doesn't even break the wall. What gives?

Are you putting the C4 on the building? :cool:

JesusBread
04-18-2010, 06:11 PM
Just got my achievement the other day by bringing down A on Nelson Bay with my 40MMGL. I got lucky as hell because someone was shooting the building with me and I shot a millisecond before him and knocked down the house for my last 2 kills.

For anyone who is still having trouble just make yourself an Assault Class w/ 40 MMGL, Explosives MKII, and I think the last thing is the GR upgrade. It lets you carry more grenades and explosives. With this set up, you can carry 5 40MMGs in your XM8. Go up to a building and put down a supply crate and start raping that building. Don't focus on killing anyone. You will obviously knock down buildings without people in this, but that's part of trying to get this achievement. I suggest you play rush and focus on the objectives that can be knocked down (while you're on offense!). I found that trying to knock down my own buildings while on defense didn't really do much and after about 2 hours of doing that, I got 2 kills. Use the UAV when you get a chance too. It's the best tool to take down any building. Have the V WARHD upgrade for it and ONLY aim at the buildings. Hide the UAV behind something (On Nelson Bay, I hid it behind the cliff by the water) when you're reloading so you don't get shot down.

The Carrot Cake Kid
04-21-2010, 09:13 PM
I have 1d 18hrs played and havent scored a single Demo kill. Buildings are hard as fuck to take down and by the time you can get one to drop theres never anyone in them.

I can plant 12 C4's with Expl upgrade and it still wont bring the house down. I'll put one on each corner and one in each center of the wall...nothing.

Also there are times I'll plant an assload of C4 around a house, then when I go to blow it up the friggin thing is a dud. I can SEE all my C4 on the house, I get the flashing icons on the minimap, but it wont detonate.

Man I really hate this achievement :D

The Carrot Cake Kid
04-24-2010, 05:23 PM
Finally got ONE kill...19 more to go. At this rate I should have all 20 with 40 days played :)

Muzzle O Bees
11-09-2010, 07:27 AM
I'm going to have to try this one out. I tried boosting it with a buddy, but we kept getting suicides because we didn't try to get out of or off the roof of the building as it went down.

Anyone else have this problem?

I'm definitely going to try the OP's method.

KuShNsTieN
02-24-2011, 10:53 PM
looks good this achieve is annoying only got 5 lol

KBAN
02-25-2011, 02:22 PM
honestly, c4 is a bad option especially with higher explosive damage on. it kills the guy inside the building more often than not. this is what I did for most of my first 20 kills before the groups I'd get in rush.
play squad deathmatch on arica harbour or white pass.
use assault class with grenade launcher equipped with the grenade vest
be in the building you wish to take down on the lower floor and start knocking out all the bottom walls.
hide someplace nearby until you see a guy go into the house and up the stairs then take out a higher wall, maybe two and it 'til you hear it about to come down.
now what this does is sort of gets the guy stuck on the higher floors and he cant make it out on time AND the explosion to the last wall you knock out does that deafening thing and you cant hear it or the guy telling you to get out so its that extra second or two you will likely gain on killing him.

this was a VERY reliable technique for me 8)

KBAN
02-25-2011, 02:26 PM
I forgot to mention, the best way to boost it which I've done with 6 or more friends was to play squad rush. get a full party and the one who is going for the achievement needs to join your session so hes on the opposite team. choost Atamaca Desert for the map. if your party is the attackers stay in the 2 buildings on your end while your friend grenade launches the walls out. before he gets the final wall, take out the back end walls to help him out which he cant clearly see. then on the final crate section do the small buildings. have him take all the walls out then you all run in there before his team tries to kill you and then you get demo'd as a happy little group ;p