PDA

View Full Version : Laptop Sentry in Firing Range - Glitch still works

nfntjy
03-18-2010, 01:57 AM
I remember doing this back in the day and was surprised to see that it still works.

Once you get the laptop gun, go to the firing range and select it on any difficulty. Make sure you are standing right in front of the computer. Press RB to go to use secondary mode and press RT to throw it, then immediately press start and abort training. Quickly press A to access the computer and select any gun. When you start, the sentry gun should fly out and give you a hand.

Tatanko
03-18-2010, 02:17 AM
You mean it actually helps you complete the challenges? I haven't ever seen/heard of this glitch on the old one, but there's apparently a lot I didn't know about the original.

JCreazy
03-18-2010, 02:36 AM
I remember doing this on N64, it made getting the gold stars on all weapons really easy. I don't remember if you unlock anything by getting gold stars on all weapons.

nfntjy
03-18-2010, 02:39 AM
Yes, it can help you get gold on some of the challenges (grenades gold). Some challenges, it can actually hurt you (rocket launcher gold).

You unlock classic weapons for single player by getting golds on different groups of weapons.

MakoBallistic
03-18-2010, 11:10 AM
I used to grab the floaty crate from the hangars and jam it in the door of the shooting range, select the bronze crossbow challenge from the menu and shoot loads and loads of arrows into the two scientists in the room with the guns on the wall :)

nfntjy
03-18-2010, 11:18 AM
I used to grab the floaty crate from the hangars and jam it in the door of the shooting range, select the bronze crossbow challenge from the menu and shoot loads and loads of arrows into the two scientists in the room with the guns on the wall :)

and fly the rocket all around the institute too...

BanditBanks
03-18-2010, 12:02 PM
Haha yeah, making that scientist a pin cushion for bows and poison knives was always fun. Also sending a slayer rocket to hunt out the cheese.
Shame the cheese doesn't explode :eek: That would of been cool haha.

Sms4001
03-18-2010, 09:37 PM

hahah holy crap I had completely forgot but I totally used to do this too! oh man this game rules!

Incompl33t
03-18-2010, 09:40 PM
I don't get why everyone's shocked that the glitches still work. It's a port, not a remake, and personally I prefer it that way.