PDA

View Full Version : All of the sudden... Hard

doadea
03-07-2006, 06:42 PM
I made it to blacklist #2 and this game has got surprisingly hard. It takes me a few tries to beat each race normally. The speed milestones and the toll booth races are still easy but the friggin sprints and lap knockouts are a b*tch. The only reason I won the last drag race I had is because my opponent totalled his car. I have the lambo murc all decked out, and even applied the junkman part (which did not seem to do anything). Did anyone else seem to think this game got really hard towards the end?

BloodyBunnies
03-07-2006, 06:53 PM
I got 3 more races to do on #4 then i'll be on 3... I hate the sprints it seems like i get way ahead and im still drivin good and then i look back and they are right on me!

The Fjomp
03-07-2006, 07:01 PM
Hm, strange. I have completed this game. And okay, the difficulty gets higher the higher you get on the blacklist. But i would not say that a few tries means that the game become rather hard. a little bit competion aint bad, i like it. imagine if every game was of the kind where you did it all by the first try. what a bore... hehe

BloodyBunnies
03-07-2006, 07:04 PM
Thats true but when i get frustrated I turn into the hulk! Wife tells me to stop playing.

doadea
03-07-2006, 07:09 PM
I got 3 more races to do on #4 then i'll be on 3... I hate the sprints it seems like i get way ahead and im still drivin good and then i look back and they are right on me!

No kidding thats so annoying...I'll get so far ahead cause they wreck or something and then all of the sudden they are right on my ass again....I'm like....WTF!!

Maybe I just need a day or so break from this game then....I played for like 6 hours straight yesterday and beat #5, #4 and #3...

doadea
03-07-2006, 07:10 PM
Thats true but when i get frustrated I turn into the hulk! Wife tells me to stop playing.

Oh thats with every game, not just this one LOL :D

BloodyBunnies
03-07-2006, 07:17 PM
Yea, she keeps me somewhat sane

xI Shorty Ix
03-07-2006, 08:27 PM

that auto catch-up this is a really downfall for the game its makes there cars drive alot faster anf your car drive alot worse... some people like it but i think it sucks ALOT

BloodyBunnies
03-07-2006, 08:29 PM
I noticed on early races that right before the finish line if they are in the lead they will slam their brakes and go off to the side and let me pass, inches before they cross... thought that was kinda strange

xI Shorty Ix
03-07-2006, 08:38 PM
Yeah thats the only time its cool (not like i ever needed it) but as people get futher down the blacklist they start using it to there advantage more by making you crash and then makingyou loose the race no matter how far behined they are

will0r
03-07-2006, 08:41 PM
Yeah I am in the same boat as you, I am on #2, completed the races however I find the milestones to be challenging. Does anybody know what the best way to increase the cost of state is? I manage to get above the 200,000 mark, by that time I am on Level 5 Cops and it is so hard. Tips please :)

xI Shorty Ix
03-07-2006, 08:45 PM
Yeah I am in the same boat as you, I am on #2, completed the races however I find the milestones to be challenging. Does anybody know what the best way to increase the cost of state is? I manage to get above the 200,000 mark, by that time I am on Level 5 Cops and it is so hard. Tips please :)

The ford mustang GT is the best car for cop ownage so do a few trip in the mustang to raise your level to 4-5 maybe even 3 and then as you have alot of cops on you + the helicopter you as many pursuite breakers as you can becuase u get all the dopy cops killing each other and you get the cost 2 state from pursuite breaker 2

will0r
03-07-2006, 08:51 PM
ok ive been using my eclipse, carrera and lamb all maxed out. is the mustang better because its heavier?

xI Shorty Ix
03-07-2006, 08:52 PM
ok ive been using my eclipse, carrera and lamb all maxed out. is the mustang better because its heavier?

yeah that is the only reson it better......even the BMW carnt stand up 2 the mustang and when it maxed it also has great gripp and can push anything out of its way

will0r
03-07-2006, 08:56 PM
ok i shall give that a shot tonight to save myself from throwing my controller over to the other side of the room again lol :-p

xI Shorty Ix
03-07-2006, 09:24 PM
ok i shall give that a shot tonight to save myself from throwing my controller over to the other side of the room again lol :-p

i G2G now if u need any more help post and ill see if i can help Cta l8r

The Fjomp
03-07-2006, 09:40 PM

hehe, i have the same issue with my girlfriend. my conclusion: xbox360 and "a better half" does not work well togehter...

graf1k
03-07-2006, 10:55 PM
It definitely got harder at the end, but I only had to do 2 races in the top 5 more than once and that was Blacklist #4 & #2. The game certainly does like to slingshot them forward if you get too far ahead, but it does the same thing if when you get really far behind too I understand. The only part about NFSMW that irked me is the last thing against the cops to get enough whatever points to go up against the #1 guy because no matter what I did, even when I drove really slow and didn't hit much of anything, it would go up to level 5 pursuit and you need skill and lots of luck to get away from the cops then.

k_dog
03-07-2006, 11:03 PM
I felt personally that Level 5 Chases we're easier than that of the level 4.

Krazie
03-07-2006, 11:39 PM
I felt personally that Level 5 Chases we're easier than that of the level 4.

Lol, at times from level 4 and down i had to attempt NOT to evade the pursuit they were so easy..

This game didnt give me much problems, in fact, i beat razor on the first try on all 5 of our races.. And the last one i beat him by like 18 seconds..

will0r
03-08-2006, 07:14 AM
i just finished the game, i used the db9 i won to help with the 200,000 cost to state. thanks for advice :)

doadea
03-08-2006, 11:52 AM
i just finished the game, i used the db9 i won to help with the 200,000 cost to state. thanks for advice :)

Yes I am having difficulty with this one too...I had won all the races for #2 all I have left is one of the following three, the 200,000 to state and the spike strip and barrior...I am using the db9 also, but I can't seem to win it.....what strategy did you use?

graf1k
03-08-2006, 02:13 PM
What are you having a problem with? Getting all of those, or getting away once you do get them?

doadea
03-08-2006, 03:12 PM
What are you having a problem with? Getting all of those, or getting away once you do get them?
I only need to get one of the three...And I can't seem to get any of them...I got 11/12 roadblock, then I got busted, then I got like 160K cost to state then i got busted. All I am doing is using the DB9 and staying on the open highway near the first 3 bounty markers. I have tried to stay around the pursuit breakers but i keep getting busted. I have a couple cars that have level 1 and one of my cars has level 5 and level 5 I can really get the cost to state fast, but it is very hard to loose them.

The Fjomp
03-08-2006, 03:19 PM
there's a area with more than 3 pursuit breakers as i recall, thre of them are pretty close, but the other's are not far away.. i just kept myself in that area, it worked fine for me. Just keep on driving around them, and let the cops crash into them, then your cost to state will increase a lot more than if you drove through the pursuitbreakers yourself..

A small tip concerning cars.
The db9 is a very nice car because of it's weight, but i found both the gallardo and the mustang to be more efficient.. The mustang, if tuned to the max, can pretty much move anything. the gallardo lowered as much as possible has a tendensy to almost lift the cop cars off the ground...

Preston
03-08-2006, 05:01 PM
I think I have 4 left to do and I find the milestones hard, as for the races it would be easy I think if the catchup wasn't so extreme. Like you say, you can be miles ahead and all of a sudden they are right behind you, but on the flip side sometimes I've been 5 secs behind or somehting and suddenly the lead car will start slowing. :) I think it's a great game!