PDA

View Full Version : Question regarding character transfer..

EvilKen
03-18-2010, 02:10 AM
This question applies to both Awakening and any other new DLC for that matter. My most current gamesave is just before the archdemon. Here are my questions... As I have not played this game since the launch window, I am very out of the loop... I just got "Return To Ostagar" and had to use an old save file to complete it, as I could not leave the Archdemon area. Did it allow you to save the game after defeating the Archdemon and I was just a moron and did not do it (I survived the battle)? Also, when bringing my character into Awakening, I am guessing that he will then have to be at pre-archdemon status? Any details much appreciated...

Mibuwolf57
03-18-2010, 12:37 PM
When I imported my character into Awakenings, it was post-Ostagar dlc state. The special items that I have collected from Ostagar, were still in my inventory.

wtrswoopes
03-19-2010, 01:20 AM
Did it allow you to save the game after defeating the Archdemon and I was just a moron and did not do it (I survived the battle)? Also, when bringing my character into Awakening, I am guessing that he will then have to be at pre-archdemon status? Any details much appreciated...

After you beat the Archdemon, you can create a Post Coronation save where you are just standing in the great hall before exiting through the door. This save won't let you continue any of the DLC or anything.

However, after beating the Archdemon the game creates you an Autosave file titled "Post-Campaign Save (1) - Epilogue" or something similar to that. If you exit via the door and load that file from the start menu your character is brought up right before entering the camp. Here you can create a permanent epilogue save. This save will allow you to do any DLC quests you may not have finished yet.

If you didn't create a permanent save and went back and played previous saves, chances are that autosave is now gone.

Personally, I created both a Post Coronation and an Epilogue save. The Post Coronation save includes all the dialogue options you picked during the last conversation. The Epilogue save does not. I imported my Post Coronation save into Awakening. I'm sure it won't end up mattering, but my decisions in the final dialogue tree were important to my character's background and I wanted to have the opportunity for them to carry over into Awakening.

Hope that helps some. If you have a save right before the Archdemon, go ahead and beat it again. You can create your Post Coronation and Epilogue saves should you ever decide to use them in Awakening.

Darth Cuda
03-19-2010, 02:38 AM
So DLC items from Quests carryover? I thought all DLC items were lost IE my freakin blood dragon Armor. Fuck you EA.

TemporalWizard
03-19-2010, 03:07 AM
Only DLC items from Return to Ostogar carry over. The rest do not.

GS17259
03-19-2010, 06:58 AM
I ended up taking out most of the best stuff out of the chest at wardens keep and saving before starting awakening and i kept everything except a ring and the meteor weapon, I kept my blood dragon armor as well not sure why you didn't get to but i have made 2 new games so far and only lost those two items. Oh and it was after killing the arch demon.

HordeSwarm
03-19-2010, 01:50 PM
Any DLC items from Stone Prisoner, Warden's Keep, and the Blood Dragon Armor download will not carry over if you import a character. So any Shale crystals, the Starite Sword, etc. will not be imported with your character, but any Blood Talents/Spells learned from the Warden's Keep DLC will. Also, anything gained from the Return to Ostagar DLC WILL import with your character.

EvilKen
03-20-2010, 12:54 AM
Thanks everyone... this helps!