PDA

View Full Version : Dead City Ranger and Supplies Locations

balance13
03-18-2010, 05:16 AM
Ok, took some time to right down the location of every dead body and supply area that I went to too unlock the Ranger Achievement. These directions may be a little hard to follow if you have troubles I will do my best to help.

Dead City 1:

- Very beginning, look in all four corners of this area, in the one corner you will have to go upstairs, also the guy in the middle of the area.

- Once you fall off the car and enter the building, there will be a Ranger lying there. After that go down a short hallway and look to your left.
- Next one you find will be right after you get jumped by a noalisis, right after this you will be outside again go inside the white trailer there is more supplies in there as well.
- Next in the playground area (right after you hear the creepy voice) keep going straight, there is a building there that you can pick up so items as well.
- Once you get past the playground as well, there is a dead body inside the white trailer over there.
- Next dead body you cannot miss you walk right past him. When you are right on top of him (facing away from him) turn right there will be a room at the end with supplies in a box.
- Leave that building go outside and take a right, there will be two whites vans and a dead body in the crevice. If you continue to look in the crevices in that area you will find another dead boy.
- Continue on your main path, you should find another dead body, and across from that a van. Make sure you get the supplies from both
- Next you will find a demon, run past him and you will find a little demolished area with another dead body.
- Next is the last building (after the demon) go in and look right there is a hallway full of traps, carefully get past them at the end of the hall is a room full of supplies.

balance13
03-18-2010, 05:16 AM
Dead City 2

- Right off the bat you will find one dead body right in front of you, turn around and go through the whole, you will find one more body.
- Keep going but before you get outside you should see some stairs, make sure to go up them, another body is up there.
- Next you will be in a room with a tube thing against the wall, on the same wall you will see a big crack, you can go in there and find a box of supplies.
- You will find another ranger on your main path, nearby hanging in the crevice area you will find another
- Next over a fence, to your right you will see an alley with a dead ranger in it.
- Alley where you meet up with your buddy again you will also find two dead guys
- Keep going behind your partner but go the opposite way he does there will be a building, goes towards it and go down some stairs this is the last guy you find and you should unlock the achievement.

Hope this helps some people out.

NoDebate
03-18-2010, 05:50 AM
Anyone tested to see if you get credit for looting the bodies over multiple games?

I.e., first play through I missed the guy upstairs in Dead City 1, do I have to start from Dead City 1 and play all the way to Dead City 2 to get the Achievement? Or can I just loot the guy I missed in Dead City 1 and then play through Dead City 2 and loot all those guys to get it?

I haven't gotten to Dead City 2 yet, but if someone has tested this by then, I'll be happy to.

balance13
03-18-2010, 06:15 AM
Not sure I had missed the achievement on my first time through, and searched every inch of the maps until I received the achievement. Any verification on these would be great though.

WereTh3Massacre
03-18-2010, 07:53 PM
Hey, not to be a jerk, but by the time you list the 3rd "stash", I've already found around 7.

So, you're definitely missing a lot of stuff. Whether or not it counts towards the achievement? Your guess is as good as mine! Weird, cuz you're missing a couple of stashes that contain decent weapons and ammo, so it seems like they'd count towards the acheevo. Oh well. I'm following your guide as sort of a back-up plan, so I dont miss any. I'll see how it works out.

balance13
03-18-2010, 08:06 PM
well you find four in the very start area, I am not a very good writer so the directions may be hard to follow.

WereTh3Massacre
03-18-2010, 08:25 PM
I think you're missing one where you fall down what looks like an elevator or vent...And when you talk about there being two vans, and right by it a body in the crevice, you should mention that the other body in the crevice you mention is actually in the poison water. I looked around for a good 2 minutes for that, ha.

But great guide, dude. I used it and I got the acheevo. I actually unlocked it after I met up with my buddie. Right when I met up with him, before I even searched those 2 bodies by him, and before I did the last one on your list. Weird.
I also found a couple stashes you didn't mention, but maybe those don't count. I feel bad for not making a list to share here, but I was trying to just enjoy the game.

Vile Denial
03-18-2010, 08:32 PM
I think you're missing one where you fall down what looks like an elevator or vent...And when you talk about there being two vans, and right by it a body in the crevice, you should mention that the other body in the crevice you mention is actually in the poison water. I looked around for a good 2 minutes for that, ha.

But great guide, dude. I used it and I got the acheevo. I actually unlocked it after I met up with my buddie. Right when I met up with him, before I even searched those 2 bodies by him, and before I did the last one on your list. Weird.
I also found a couple stashes you didn't mention, but maybe those don't count. I feel bad for not making a list to share here, but I was trying to just enjoy the game.

The elevator room is not needed for the achievement. I missed it myself the first time through the game, and yet I still got the achievement.

balance13
03-18-2010, 08:35 PM
Well this really makes me question what you need to find to get this achievement then. I just wrote down every possible one that I came by until this unlocked for me.