PDA

View Full Version : should i play DLC now?

x352x pH
03-18-2010, 08:04 AM
with the DLC(s) dropping down to 400msp a piece soon, i plan to take advantage of it. im not that far into the story yet (lvl 6), so if i download any DLC could i play it right away and if so, which would be best? (as far as it being difficult to a low level or w/e)

seller50
03-18-2010, 01:58 PM
operation anchorage is really simple, i did it on pc at lvl 3 or 4 i think (without cheats) don't know about the other DLCs cause i haven't done those yet and am currently installing the game again.

Kreegles
03-18-2010, 05:00 PM
You can easily do Operation Anchorage right out of the vault. The Pitt is a good one to do after that, then Mothership Zeta. Avoid doing Point Lookout right away because the NPC's weapons can tear through you. Obviously you can't play Broken Steel without completing the story first so that one would be last.

Olan IRL
03-18-2010, 05:40 PM
Definitley Operation A. Its easy and you get great gear at the end such as gauss rifle,Chinease stealth armour

BadBoyKillah89
03-19-2010, 08:03 AM
I would say Operation Anchorage, but since you are awarded arguably the best Power Armor in the game after you're done with it, I'd stay away from it for now. Chances are you haven't been trained for Power Armor yet (my assumption because of your level). But then again, if you have enough strength to carry all the rewards of Op. A, go for it. You could just store them at your Megaton house or Tenpenny Tower Suite until you've been trained to wear Power Armor. But for the most part I agree with the others, Op. A is by far the easiest DLC. After that I'd say The Pitt, then Mothership Zeta, then Broken Steel (the last main quest is hell & way too long) & finally Point Lookout. Point Lookout's enemies are ridiculously overpowered. Speaking of overpowered enemies, Broken Steel adds some of them to the main game once you hit lvl 20. Super Mutant Overlords, Albino Radscorpions & Feral Ghoul Reavers are definitely a pain.

x352x pH
03-20-2010, 03:44 PM
okay, thank you for your help guys! im lvl 12 now (and trained in power armor) so i think ill be picking up Operation: Anchorage and maybe The Pitt. again, thanks for the advice.

greyhound
03-23-2010, 06:13 PM
I would like to play through the whole game before I play the DLC, but may as well take advantage of the 1/2 price offer.

How does the DLC work? Is it integrated into the game or do I have to select to play it like the GTA IV add ons? If not, can I download it and delete it/cancel the download then redownload it when I actually want to play it?

Any help appreciated.

Thanks

radiohead433
03-23-2010, 11:49 PM
They show up as quests in your pipboy but you can choose when to do them like any side quest... well except broken steel.

maxpwns
03-23-2010, 11:52 PM
definately get DLC, point lookout i thought was the best since you had a whole new world to explore outside of the capital wasteland

Mongolian Beef
03-24-2010, 12:08 AM
Highly recommend Point Lookout. Broken Steel was ok (increase lvl cap, new perks), I didn't really like the others. MZ was a drag.

twistedsymphony
03-24-2010, 12:17 PM
I've already finished the game and the first 2 DLCs... I grabbed the last 3 last night at the reduced price.

I'd definitely recommend buying all of them 50% is a great discount when you consider you're buying $50 worth of DLC for $25 instead.

also you'll reach level 20 well before the end of the game so the increased level cap offered by broken steel is quite handy...

BrandAid1138
03-24-2010, 03:27 PM
i'd recommend mothership zeta dlc first. i'm playing the game now (goty edition w/all the dlc) and last week a friend tried to guide me to the alien weapon you can find in the game. when i found the spot..it was the starting point of the mothership zeta dlc. i think i was at level 13 or 14 at that time. It take 4 to 6 hours to get through, but once you do...you will have the most powerful weapons in the game, not to mention the nikola tesla armor as well. going through the wasteland after it is a breeze....the alien disintegration rifle kicks all kinds of ass.

Alienhunter646
03-25-2010, 06:48 AM
They show up as quests in your pipboy but you can choose when to do them like any side quest... well except broken steel.

So, the DLC quests will just be in our pipboy but activate one of the core game quests and continue with the main story and it wont mess up anything?

MrBubbles x360a
03-27-2010, 03:48 PM
Yea just buy them at the discounted price and hold off from doing the tougher ones till at least lvl 20.

aadams_22
03-28-2010, 02:58 AM
go ahead and purchase

playing through the DLC's won't hamper the story line in any way