PDA

View Full Version : What the hell happened to splinter cell

Randygam3freak
03-18-2010, 05:02 PM
I played the demo and i have to say i am really dissapointed, this is no longer the stealth action game that i loved, Action buttons and "executions" what happened to Where you snuck around, break peoples necks, draw them in and stealthy take them out as well? i mean, Yeah all the basic things are still there, but if you are quiet it takes little to no effort to kill them(melee, melee, execute two guys)

Before people start posting like jerks i do realize this IS just my opinion, and i wanna know yours.

Im just sad :(

Daiphyer.
03-18-2010, 05:11 PM
Well they couldn't keep doing that forever. It had to change some time.

True I Skill
03-18-2010, 05:16 PM
I feel its too easy to be a splinter cell game... Or a Tom Clancy's game even. I was flamed a few months back for Suggesting that the Mark and execute thing would make the game too easy when it was first announced. After that i gave the game a chance looked a little excited to the game, Played the demo, Won it with not much struggle on my first try, So i put it up a difficaulty, Not much had changed, Played it on realistic managed to Rush through with hardly any concentration and win the demo with only dieing once. SO HA YOU WAS WRONG PEOPLE WHO FLAMED ME FOR SAYING THE GAME WOULD BE TOO EASY WITH MARK AND EXECUTE.

Im still buying the game as i enjoyed it, Would of enjoyed it a whole lot more if i felt challenged by it tho, Everything seems overpowered, certain Idea's that would of worked with this game they took out, the handgun is just 1 shot kill to the head, and if i shoot from the darkness the enemy doesnt Notice me at all, And if i do get caught Chucking a grenade in there direction gives Instant win to me. I really hope they make a DLC with a Very hard mode where the AI Is alot smarter and making 1 mistake can ruin everything.

v SnOwMaN v
03-18-2010, 06:13 PM
Well they couldn't keep doing that forever. It had to change some time.

Agreed...people would eventually say hey. Splinter cell is the same every other year. All you do is this and that. Glad they changed it.

Randygam3freak
03-18-2010, 06:36 PM
Agreed...people would eventually say hey. Splinter cell is the same every other year. All you do is this and that. Glad they changed it.

A change would have been fine, but this just makes everything too easy, Realistic mode should be some kind of challenge >.>

MrDudeTheFirst
03-18-2010, 07:30 PM
In the Co Op Mission mode, think its not in the Co Op Prequel, some seperate mission like Spec Ops from Mw2 (Haven't looked into it enugh..) Anyways! to the point, if you make one mistake you get Mission failure or whatever. Think it was in one of those Dev Diary's with the Director or something.

Josh Benton
03-18-2010, 08:59 PM
I have to agree, this game is good don't me wrong. It does however feel less stealthy mainley because the Splinter Cell games before it was like proper stealth, before you were crouching through most of the level, not being able to stand to make a noise, shooting out lights and literally taking minutes to get a viable planned route, this however feels like skid into cover, mark and execute, next bit of cover, takedown and repeat. It just isn't as stealthy and while it is still a great game it seemed rather easy even on realistic. Just my opinion though.

The Bum-Mobile
03-18-2010, 09:49 PM
I know, I know. Believe me, until I saw CoOp I was this game's biggest hater! Let me put it this way, it looks like an awesome and fun game but a crappy Splinter Cell game if you get what I'm saying. They really shouldn't have "ruined" the SC universe with this action game but if you look at it another way it's great! That being said I never cared too much for SC's storyline so I can see how you may be upset about the story but hey, it looks fun!

Stormy2k
03-18-2010, 10:09 PM
Agreed...people would eventually say hey. Splinter cell is the same every other year. All you do is this and that. Glad they changed it.I agree.

Its like when a band realeases a new album, and they have a new musical direction after many albums that had same sound, and some people don't like it, but they are doing it just to keep it fresh for the fans.

I wouldn't have minded a copy and paste gameplay from DA but im glad they went in this direction.

What this game needs, is for Realistic Mode to be like this:

Take away the ability to do Execute Commands.
One inventory item per item e.g. one grenade, one flashbang etc.
Limited or No pistol ammo (you need to scrounge minimal supplies).
MAYBE take away the goggles sonar ability.

I hope Realistic is harder in the full game, or atleast make the AI more smarter. But the demo doesn't really give much insight into the mechanics yet.

Deathr0t
03-18-2010, 10:41 PM
this is no longer the stealth action game that i loved, Action buttons and "executions" what happened to Where you snuck around, break peoples necks, draw them in and stealthy take them out as well?

I do agree they took out the BEST part of splinter cell in my opinion, but I think it's just a trend of successful games on the market... it's all fast fast action, hopefully the game will be much harder on realistic forcing people to play stealthy.. I had commented this on the demo impressions...

**No sound meter? I dislike the fact I cant alter my speed while crouched, I for one enjoyed a "touchy" aspect of the joystick while playing stealthy. I guess they have replaced that aspect of Splinter Cell with the tagging and executing functions (making it a little more action packed). Maybe that's why the speed control/noise functions aren't a factor, or they just replaced it by the whole "color warning system"

TaytaMalikai
03-19-2010, 07:14 AM
I agree with everything in this thread. I don't mind if the noobs play Normal, I want Realistic to force stealth or die, like Chaos Theory did.

Annalie
03-19-2010, 05:20 PM
Well its just a demo so who knows, i say wait till it comes out.

danjohnson58
03-19-2010, 08:28 PM
I agree with everything in this thread. I don't mind if the noobs play Normal, I want Realistic to force stealth or die, like Chaos Theory did.

Agreed, however now it's much more action based, seems to bow to the majority.

However I am concerned, on realistic mode, the AI is somewhat lacking, and if you read Dan Webbs (I think it was.. don't quote me, could have been Alan) preview and when he got to play it, the AI was shocking again.

I'm hoping it just doesn't stay like this, I cancelled my special edition version after playing a few times over, I think the regular one will do me at some point down the line.

TwIsTeD mInD42
03-19-2010, 10:14 PM
To be honest i hope it is very easy, and i'll have with a nice easy 1000g gamerscore and anyway where the hell is the achievement guide ?

iCondemned
03-22-2010, 04:38 AM
It's a new generation game. Sam Fisher had grown up and doing his own way now. If you don't like it, then play the old Splinter Cell's and stop crying about it. Change is a good thing.

acurate bob
03-24-2010, 02:53 PM
your right changeis a good thing, but not where this is concerned...

This may as well be called The Bourne Conviction, as i felt more like in ontrol of Jason Bourne than Sam Fisher.

cause how many 60 year old do you know that can move like fisher? none...
how many 30 year old for that matter? Splinter Cell is about being stealthy, un seen, un heard and IF you get spotted then a smll gunfire is sure to errupt. Usually ending with death in a few rounds.

But on this i must have been hit 30 times whilst performing the shitty execute moves????? Why didnt i die?

Im sneaky, im stealthy, i get spotted and im the ULTIMATE FUCKING KILLING MACHINE TAUGHT IN KRAV MAGA AND EVERY MOVE SEEN IN THE MATRIX!!!!!!!

may as well be neo!

nope, dont like this any where near as good as Chaos Theory or Double Agent, but thats about it!

PS. Dont bitch about this, its an opinion, my thoughts about the demo....

ril14ey
03-24-2010, 10:02 PM
I say wait till the game is released before passing judgement on the "stealth".
Yes i agree the demo was quite easy, even on the hardest difficulty, wont deter me from playing this on day1

Kayin
03-25-2010, 11:16 AM
I can see why some people may be disappointed, but the problem I'd face is that I don't want to play Chaos Theory again.

Well, I do, but when I want to play Chaos Theory, I take it out of the box and play it. I'm more than willing to wait and see if Conviction is a good game or not, but I like the idea of what they've done to the game and I'm willing to give it a chance.

ChArG1nMaLAZ0R
03-28-2010, 11:59 AM
Well like you said pretty much everything i there that allowed you to play as before. So its not really an issue. If you don't like M&E dont use it lol, its simple as that.

I like the new fast paced syle. I was a bit tired at how clunky sam was at scaling pipes etc. never really felt like a proper game. I liked the multiplay mode in the last splintercell because the spys were alot more agile.

only prob i have atm is the enemy seems to be really thick. but i only tried it on easy. going to see how it improves next.