PDA

View Full Version : LT RT Controller Problems

Nerdz0r
03-18-2010, 05:31 PM
For some reason I cannot use one of my controllers.

It doesn't let me use the LT or RT buttons, and when I click the circle xbox button, it locks into LT until I turn it off.

I know people will say "use another pad", but the only other pad I have is destroyed and hardly works.

Is there a problem or can I fix this?

It can't be the disk as it works with my broken pad fine and was brand new opened today.

D Sylar
03-18-2010, 06:13 PM
It can't be the disk as it works with my broken pad fine and was brand new opened today.

Welldone, You've just answered your own question.

Sounds like you need to take better care of your pads.

Connor92
03-18-2010, 06:28 PM
I'm having the exact same problem except with LB. It's not the controller as, using it in another game, it works fine, and about a few seconds after I spawn it starts to work again

sir_taugs
03-18-2010, 06:46 PM
This has happened to me once. My RB and LB werent working (as in the werent clicking). But what I did was take my controller apart and there was alot of gunk surrounding some of the buttons. so I cleaned everything up with q-tips and now everything is honkey dory :D

Look on you tube or google it to see how to safely take it apart. There is a lot of things that will fall out and scatter everywhere if your taking it apart wrong.

D Sylar
03-18-2010, 07:03 PM
I'm having the exact same problem except with LB. It's not the controller as, using it in another game, it works fine, and about a few seconds after I spawn it starts to work again

How is that the EXACT problem when its a different button?
I've read about many people having problems using nades and the knife after spawning, that sounds like a glitch to me.
The OP is have problems with LT (Aim) & RT (Shoot).

My left stick is not aligned correctly, so in some games it drifts off center but not ALL games.

Kirbster117
03-18-2010, 07:40 PM
This has happened to me once. My RB and LB werent working (as in the werent clicking). But what I did was take my controller apart and there was alot of gunk surrounding some of the buttons. so I cleaned everything up with q-tips and now everything is honkey dory :D

Look on you tube or google it to see how to safely take it apart. There is a lot of things that will fall out and scatter everywhere if your taking it apart wrong.

Does taking it apart work? If the analogue sticks do not align properly are you ableto fix it by disasemblement?

MediumMelanin
03-18-2010, 10:50 PM
Yeah, it's your controller, get a new one! Why post here, it's not the game, although there is "lag" on grenade toss, & gadget use, while trying to use them after spawning immediately...

Nerdz0r
03-18-2010, 11:40 PM
No, I don't need to take better care of my pads as the controller works perfectly on Mw2 and it is practically new. Just one of them is practically destroyed yet works lmao.

And thanks for the replies. Not sure what I can do, maybe if I clear cache or some crap..

sir_taugs
03-19-2010, 12:27 AM
Does taking it apart work? If the analogue sticks do not align properly are you ableto fix it by disasemblement?

YEs I believe that there are sliding bars in the controller to adjust the sticks

acidarmitage
03-19-2010, 01:29 AM
no i had the exact same problem

if you eject the disc you can go to the dashboard... also if you press the guide button before you exit the game you can press Y to go back to the dash. I figured the problem was my disc because well... i pirated mine (flame on!). I reburned it and i havent had a problem yet with the new one.

Although I ran a check on the "bad" burn and everything was normal so honestly I don't know. Try renting the game and switching the discs and see if that works

Nerdz0r
03-19-2010, 02:47 PM
I'd return it but I bought it off eBay so I cba with like a week for a refund lmao. (The game that is.)