PDA

View Full Version : Knifing and body armor?

CovertDog
03-18-2010, 06:18 PM
Twice today I have knifed people and they haven't died. Blood comes off them and it alerts them that I'm there (they have turned around and killed me), but they survive. Is it body armor that is protecting them or is there another reason?

Sniper Riflez
03-18-2010, 06:21 PM
If your crouching there's a 25% chance a bullet will deflect, maybe the same with knives?

APX
03-18-2010, 06:26 PM
You also have to put in that they can hear you if you slash (Soldier grunts or whatever)
I heard it a few times when people tried to knife me, had the chance to turn around and kill them.

Also, body armor doesn't do anything when you knife someone, it's the same as when you spawn/get revived, you get a certain protection that makes you invincible for a second or so, I still get to knife them when that happens.

CovertDog
03-18-2010, 06:29 PM
They were moving and I could have just been a little out of reach, but it did hit them. I find the knifing real sluggish as it is. Seems to be a delay from when you hit the RB until the knifing action happens.

Runic Aries
03-18-2010, 06:40 PM
They were moving and I could have just been a little out of reach, but it did hit them. I find the knifing real sluggish as it is. Seems to be a delay from when you hit the RB until the knifing action happens. There is and I'm glad, it makes knifing more satisfying and a thing of skill unlike in CoD with 40 foot instant kill lunges or BC1 where people would run around only using knifes because it stayed out as an active weapon with no delay to kill.

x Fatal Syn x
03-18-2010, 07:16 PM
There is and I'm glad, it makes knifing more satisfying and a thing of skill unlike in CoD with 40 foot instant kill lunges or BC1 where people would run around only using knifes because it stayed out as an active weapon with no delay to kill.
This. I love DICE just because they know how to make the knife more realistic as in when I shoot someone coming after me trying to knife me, I kill them! Yay!

MediumMelanin
03-18-2010, 10:46 PM
Lol, I don't think it helps on stabs, it's always a one hit kill...

iBlessing 09
03-18-2010, 10:53 PM
You must have just been unlucky, never happened to me before but I have had a body shot grenade launcher not kill the enemy.

On a side note, they should make the knife like assassins creed style, as in you have it on your wrist and it can come out because that would be realistic. (Some military centre was testing it and they had good results so in UK/Marines (I think Marines) they might use them)

ChaosGod87
03-18-2010, 11:14 PM
I have this problem sometimes, kinda irritating, but nothing to bad I guess. I love when they lunge at me and I shoot the shit out of them, they don't die, but kill me. :(

Shelton
03-18-2010, 11:27 PM
I don't bother even trying with the knife if the guy is moving. It shows the animation, it looks like it goes inside their back (plus it makes a noise), but they keep running on their merry way. I'd advise you use it only on stationary targets to save yourself from frustration.

Chronic Comando
03-19-2010, 01:56 AM
More than once, with different enemies, I've crouch-walked behind someone who was crouched sniping, so close we had to be touching, knifed him, blood came out, a second later I was stunned that he wasn't dead and spamming my knife button, but he turned around & shot me before the second kniving. I think this is wicked Lame! I understand and agree with no 5 foot halo-like lunges with the knife, but this is ridiculous!
I've also succesfully ran up to peeps faces kniving them as they shoot me, I think this kniving thing is all backwards, literally.

oblivionspawn07
03-19-2010, 02:06 AM
Knifing is the stupidest part about this whole game.

I can't stand it.

When the hell has getting knifed in the leg once ever killed someone?

The knife is the most overpowered an cheap weapon in this game.

pined5551
03-19-2010, 02:26 AM
Twice today I have knifed people and they haven't died. Blood comes off them and it alerts them that I'm there (they have turned around and killed me), but they survive. Is it body armor that is protecting them or is there another reason?

I don't think it helps. I wear body armour sometimes and still get knifed in one. Sometimes its just strange, it'll lock on and do the enimation and won't actually do any damage. When you got killed was their health still 100%?? It may simply have been that for whatever reason, your knife just didn't register damage.

Runic Aries
03-19-2010, 03:25 AM

The knife is the most overpowered an cheap weapon in this game.

OK, so lets say that I stab you in the leg with my full force put into it, lets say I twist the blade once it's in there making a larger, deeper, more open cut, lets say I drag the knife down your leg, I think even if I just stabbed you without being cruel, you would have a hard time walking away from that.

oblivionspawn07
03-19-2010, 03:33 AM
OK, so lets say that I stab you in the leg with my full force put into it, lets say I twist the blade once it's in there making a larger, deeper, more open cut, lets say I drag the knife down your leg, I think even if I just stabbed you without being cruel, you would have a hard time walking away from that.

why would you say any of that? it never happens in MW2 and that is more than just a quick slice or jab in someones leg. by the time you got to the twisting blade part i could have taken out my shotgun and blown your head off.

Runic Aries
03-19-2010, 03:36 AM
why would you say any of that? it never happens in MW2 and that is more than just a quick slice or jab in someones leg. by the time you got to the twisting blade part i could have taken out my shotgun and blown your head off. All hypothetical, especially if you didn't know I was there you would probably be hurting or screaming in surprise/pain before the 1/4 of a second it takes to twist something. Also I brought it up because you were saying it was bullshit how a single stab in the leg instantly kills, where it can be quite effective to killing someone, especially if you were to cut a tendant or something in their leg.

oblivionspawn07
03-19-2010, 03:40 AM
All hypothetical, especially if you didn't know I was there you would probably be hurting or screaming in surprise/pain before the 1/4 of a second it takes to twist something. Also I brought it up because you were saying it was bullshit how a single stab in the leg instantly kills, where it can be quite effective to killing someone, especially if you were to cut a tendant or something in their leg.
wow. you have issues.

anyway, to my ORIGINAL point, getting a quick stab or slice from a 6 inch blade that is quickly retracted would NEVER instantly kill someone.

That was my whole point. I don't know what your issue is, but you might want to get yourself checked into a therapy session.

A Satyr
03-19-2010, 03:48 AM
Yeah it would be awesome if in this game you stabbed someone then they had 5 seconds to live and shoot you before they die...

Runic Aries
03-19-2010, 04:02 AM
wow. you have issues.

anyway, to my ORIGINAL point, getting a quick stab or slice from a 6 inch blade that is quickly retracted would NEVER instantly kill someone.

That was my whole point. I don't know what your issue is, but you might want to get yourself checked into a therapy session. Your point was, AND I QUOTE:

I was giving an example of a way where getting stabbed in the leg could result in death, I am not twisted, you were just denying the fact that people are not as strong as you seem to think they are. I am not violent, not psychotic, and I am actually a pacifist, people are just fragile and a knife is easily more than enough to kill someone.

PrinceofDeath86
03-19-2010, 04:03 AM
Yeah it would be awesome if in this game you stabbed someone then they had 5 seconds to live and shoot you before they die... We dont need any COD Last Stand BS in ths game, i hate that shit so damn much.

A Satyr
03-19-2010, 04:05 AM
We dont need any COD Last Stand BS in ths game, i hate that shit so damn much. It was sarcasm for oblivion, just incase you didnt notice.

squirreltakos
03-19-2010, 05:11 AM
I would stab oblvionspawn irl

DENAz666
03-19-2010, 05:52 AM
wow. you have issues.

That was my whole point. I don't know what your issue is, but you might want to get yourself checked into a therapy session.

Dude, its not real life, its a game. Just like shooting anyone in the chest with any type of sniper rifle should be a instant kill... but its not.... Because its a game!!!

If you think its the most owerpowered weapon, then come play a 1v1, i'll use a shotgun, you use the knife. We'll see who wins ok?

neverendr
03-19-2010, 06:17 AM
wow. you have issues.

Not trying to be a jerk to you in any way, but if an operator trained in even basic anatomy made a swift strike to the throat, back of the neck (brain stem) or heart you'd be dead pretty close to instantly, and you certainly wouldn't be able to fight back. Also, a stab from behind into the spinal column or a lung does the trick as well. However, I do agree with you about the game - it would be hard to hit a small instant kill area while sprinting after someone or charging from the front and being shot by them. I guess it's an issue of trying to make the knife useful, but I'd almost prefer they'd leave them out of modern combat games due to the way many players abuse them. (mw2 marathon/lightweight/commando anyone?)

smellypotatoes
04-07-2010, 10:22 PM
there shouldnt be anything like this going on, maybe lag?