PDA

View Full Version : Hard Game?

Sicko19
03-18-2010, 11:33 PM
I Was hoping for a Road Map On this game, but couldnt find one :(
but im thinking bout getting it, is it difficult?
also how long it take to get 1000G(without DLC)

McGoogles
03-19-2010, 03:09 AM
It depends what difficulty you play the game on. You can change the difficulty slider from very hard to very easy. Therefore, the game would be easy and simple. You still would have to search numerous buildings for weapons, ammo, medical supplies, and food because of the scarce amount. Leveling up with take longer too.

If you're going straight for the full 1000 gamerscore it should take a minimum of 45 hours. I played the game for over 90 hours and acquired every achievement just because this is one of the funnest games I've ever played. You should get it. You'd be missing out if you didn't.

If you get the game and you just start playing, refer to this thread for some very helpful information:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=200594 (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=200594)

I forgot to mention that there is a road map to this game, here's the link:

http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/fallout-3/guide/ (http://www.xbox360achievements.org/game/fallout-3/guide/)

agentplatypus
03-19-2010, 03:18 AM
It's pretty easy. If you're having trouble you can always change the difficulty to very easy and still get all the achievements.

Olan IRL
03-19-2010, 07:16 AM
If you play the game on a higher level you'll get more exp and level up faster

BadBoyKillah89
03-19-2010, 07:35 AM
It all depends on your difficulty. You have Very Easy, Easy, Normal, Hard & Very Hard. Since there's a total of 30 levels (assuming you have Broken Steel downloaded), I like to gradually up the difficulty as I get higher in levels. 30 levels, 5 difficulties, therefore I up the difficulty every 6 levels. Works out great for me. As far as length, be prepared to invest a lot of time into this game (plenty more with all DLC), very fun nonetheless.

Jakethemuss
03-19-2010, 04:47 PM
Is it hard?

You can play the entire game on 'very easy' if you wish, making firefights alot easier. However, even on this difficulty you may run into packs of enemies that will tear you a new one unless you are careful.

How long does it take?

I spent a good 65-70 hours just to get the 1000G, all the DLC prolly took it to 90+

BrandAid1138
03-19-2010, 08:08 PM
i just got the GOTY edition this past christmas and am still playing it. no where near getting all the achievements, but still plugging away.

if you are getting this game make sure that you enjoy RPGs. i've had friends (who are fans of shooters only) tell me they hate the game and it is boring. I don't find it boring at all. It's interesting and very fun once you get the hang of it. Prepare to lose many hours of your real life to this game if you purchase it.

Pogo27
03-27-2010, 11:45 PM
I actually don't like RPGs at all, but enjoyed Fallout 3.

In fact, Fallout 3 tricked me into thinking I liked RPGs, but when I picked up Oblivion after 1000ing Fallout 3, that was proven incorrect...

Anyway, I can't remember how long it took me for the original 1000, as I did that before any of the DLC came out.

However, I just picked up the GOTY edition on Wednesday and I'm going to get all of the achievements on a new profile (started completely from scratch).

Now granted, I've already 1000ed it, so I know what I'm doing...and I spent a lot of time with it already so I'm not getting distracted by all the little cool things that can easily slow you down an hour or two at a time. I'm playing straight through as efficiently as I know how. Based on my pace so far, I think the playthrough times quoted here so far are kind of high. At least as far as minimum time required to 1000 the game.

But, again, like I said, there's lot of really cool stuff that will distract you as you play through that can easily add hours and hours and hours and HOURS to your play time (Vault 106 anyone?). I think you can get through all the content, DLC included in 50 hours or less, fairly easily, and as long as your doing your saves right for the three different achievements at each check point level (8, 14, 20), you'll only need one play through.

But most likely, it will take longer because you'll most likely enjoy the game.

It is a quite easy game though... getting all the achievements is a matter of time, not skill.

Sam McAuley
03-28-2010, 01:02 AM
I actually don't like RPGs at all, but enjoyed Fallout 3.

me too. ive never liked RPG's but loved this game.

Pogo27
05-03-2010, 10:47 AM
Just an update on the approximate time required to get all of the achievements...

I didn't check how long it took me when I hit 1000...however, I've currently played 56 hours. I have 1290/1550. 61/72 achievements.

Of the 11 achievements I don't have, 3 of them are the level 30 achievements from Broken Steel (I'm almost level 27). The other 8 are the 4 each from Point Lookout and Mothership Zeta.

I just started Point Lookout and will start Mothership Zeta right after.

I think I will easily get all 72 achievements for 1550/1550 gamerscore in just under 70 hours.

UPDATE: Play Time: 064.53.28 for 1550/1500 gamerscore, 72/72 achievements...and it wasn't exactly a speed run. Could easily be done in under 60 hours, maybe 50.

Snoop QC
05-06-2010, 01:47 AM
I guess it's different for everybody. For me, with the strategy guide and a couple of playthrough done I started a third one with the DLCs. I played for 80 hours including Operation Anchorage and Broken Steel but not the three other DLCs. Simply put, you can play for this game in a single playthrough for almost 100 hours if you want, doing so will take you almost everywhere on the map and you can get almost all unique weapons and stuff. If you decide to rush the 1550G, it will take you at least 50-60 hours minimum.

Liberty or Death
05-14-2010, 02:07 PM
With the available guides on this site (and others), I can say with confidence you could complete this game over a weekend. If you skip the superfluous side quest that do not grant achievements and you maintain at least 2 separate save files I believe it can be done in a few days. Going 1550/1550 is another story entirely.....

TF141 ECHO
05-14-2010, 02:33 PM
The trick to Fallout 3 is saves and difficulty. If you play on easy and are in combat you V.A.T.S. system will tell you how much health your enemy has left. When virtually none, switch to the hardest difficulty and you'll get the largest amount of xp. This tactic works with the missions as well, there are many online wlkthorughs and before performing whatever task will complete your particular mission, switch from easy to hard, to get max xp.
As for the saves, if you keep a save a couple of levels below those required for the karma achievements, just reload and act evil. :)
Hope this helps, buddy

blue5h4d0w
05-19-2010, 12:05 AM
not sure how long i played this game for, it was a long time tho :)

i gt all 1550 and never got bored of playing it, it was my first 100% game and just an all round awesome game

Jet1337
05-19-2010, 01:14 AM
If you play the game on very easy then the level-based achievements are gonna take forever to get. The best place to farm XP is Old Olney on very hard. With a well-rested bonus, you get like 72 XP per deathclaw and there are 13 there not counting the ones in Olney Powerworks.

Dz06lt
05-19-2010, 01:31 AM
to get the original 1k it should take you about 35-40hrs depending on your skill and character type. but you can easily spend well over 100hrs in the game

kream jeanz
05-19-2010, 02:49 AM
The game is extremely easy once you level up about 3 or 4 times. The complete thousand could take awhile, especially if you really get into like me :)