PDA

View Full Version : Just Got Bad Company 2

sinM16
03-19-2010, 06:57 AM
So I just got Bad Company 2 today and I really love the game. I was kinda skeptical because I had read some bad reviews on it, but I guess everyone has their own opinions on it. It looks amazing and is very engaging. My only complaint is the HUD. I think that call of duty has a better set up with the translucent/transparent HUD. Image retention sucks on this game. :( Other than that.....A+

Runic Aries
03-19-2010, 07:05 AM
bad reviews

What? I have never read a single bad review for this game.

My only complaint is the HUD. I think that call of duty has a better set up with the translucent/transparent HUD.

Aside from the minimap, MW2's HUD isnt as much transparent as it is small, Also: how often are you looking in the bottom corners for people anyways?

Image retention sucks on this game.

No idea what that is so I'm not bothered by it :D

R Rated Love
03-19-2010, 07:10 AM
What? I have never read a single bad review for this game.

I haven't read bad things about multiplayer, but I've read more than a few about campaign.

Poppygalaxy
03-19-2010, 07:12 AM
I haven't read bad things about multiplayer, but I've read more than a few about campaign.

But who buys this for the Campain, Thats just to play when the EA servers are down ;)

iBlessing 09
03-19-2010, 07:30 AM
My cousin did *sigh* and he is doing the online achievements, obviously.

big red marino
03-19-2010, 08:28 AM
So I just got Bad Company 2 today and I really love the game. I was kinda skeptical because I had read some bad reviews on it, but I guess everyone has their own opinions on it. It looks amazing and is very engaging. My only complaint is the HUD. I think that call of duty has a better set up with the translucent/transparent HUD. Image retention sucks on this game. :( Other than that.....A+

If the HUD bothers you, then you could always play hardcore

ilessthan3u
03-19-2010, 02:12 PM
If the HUD bothers you, then you could always play hardcore

*cough*CoD rip off *cough*

Barad
03-19-2010, 02:27 PM
But who buys this for the Campain, Thats just to play when the EA servers are down ;)

Ha! exactly!

sinM16
03-19-2010, 04:09 PM
Aside from the minimap, MW2's HUD isnt as much transparent as it is small, Also: how often are you looking in the bottom corners for people anyways?
:D
Your right about that, its not about looking in the corner. It has to do with the image retention. You might know it as "screen burn in"

Hot Juicy Pie
03-19-2010, 04:13 PM
*cough*CoD rip off *cough* I'm sorry what? CoD ripped off it's entire rank/unlock system from Battlefield.

TwiztidThorn
03-19-2010, 04:18 PM
I'm sorry what? CoD ripped off it's entire rank/unlock system from Battlefield.
People always seem to forget that small detail.

sinM16
03-19-2010, 05:55 PM
Haha bunch o' thieves!

sir_taugs
03-19-2010, 07:56 PM

Are you kidding. Hardcore has been around way before CoD.

II M1CK3H II
03-19-2010, 09:25 PM

http://homepage.mac.com/aurich/ars/locks/feed_trolls.gif

PakoRawr
03-19-2010, 10:42 PM
Yeah ,it's a really good game, I had my doubts because I had never played any other Battlefield game, but I was sold after I downloaded the Demo.

sinM16
03-20-2010, 12:39 AM
Yeah ,it's a really good game, I had my doubts because I had never played any other Battlefield game, but I was sold after I downloaded the Demo.
Ya it had been a while for me too. The last Battlefield I played was Battlefield 2 on PC and was hooked. The harriers were awesome! Anyone know if there are jets to fly in this one?

Smashing Impacts
03-20-2010, 12:43 AM
I have never played a Battlefield game and I am not much of a FPS fan, but I am really enjoying this game.

Poppygalaxy
03-20-2010, 11:23 AM
Ya it had been a while for me too. The last Battlefield I played was Battlefield 2 on PC and was hooked. The harriers were awesome! Anyone know if there are jets to fly in this one?

You can not drive planes. You can only fly choppers.

Here is a list of what you can fly:

UH-60 BLACKHAWK
AH-64 APACHE
MI-28 HAVOC
MI-24 HIND
And of corse the little cute UAV :p

Zarkykins
03-20-2010, 12:13 PM
I have never played a Battlefield game and I am not much of a FPS fan, but I am really enjoying this game.
I hate all FPS except the Bad Company series. Never tried any other BFs except for a little bit of CoD. I despise CoD... Third-person, however, I do not mind. Gears 2 baby:D

sinM16
03-20-2010, 04:51 PM
You can not drive planes. You can only fly choppers.

Here is a list of what you can fly:

UH-60 BLACKHAWK
AH-64 APACHE
MI-28 HAVOC
MI-24 HIND
And of corse the little cute UAV :p

Thats ok I guess. Sure would be nice to tear through the sky in a tomcat or something though.

Poppygalaxy
03-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Thats ok I guess. Sure would be nice to tear through the sky in a tomcat or something though.

Sure would. I guess we will need to wait for Battlefield 3 for that.

sir_taugs
03-20-2010, 09:29 PM
Should we all just go to MW2's Threads and be trolls? Haha. Go BC2!!!

sir_taugs
03-20-2010, 09:31 PM

That would be epic haha. But it would be a Epic fail due to flying so fast you'll probably end up on one side of the map to the other in a matter of seconds lol. But yes this would be fun. Like no boundries for jets so people can have dog fights? Now that would be cool.