PDA

View Full Version : Just starting to achievement hunt

Raiden 00101
03-19-2010, 02:57 PM
Hey, im new to the site and even though I have 30k+ GS, thats due to the fact that i've had gamefly for a while and that I borrow a lot of games. But ive gotten 100% completion in a handful of games and its addicting. This site has been very helpful and the creators and members alike are doing a very good job. I've also noticed that the forums have a friendly atmosphere and there is hardly any flaming or spamming like other forums tend to have. I plan on visiting this site quite often in the future for both its forums and achievement guides.

Hkem
03-19-2010, 03:11 PM
Welcome and good luck in your hunt. I am also finishing up Call of Duty (i've had it in my collection for 2 years!). Also gotta revisit Madden to get that deflections achievement, as it's my only one missing.

twistedsymphony
03-19-2010, 03:28 PM
I used to have a gamefly subscription... I eventually canceled it because I was spending too much time trying to finish the rented games that I didn't really care about and was neglecting the good games that I was actually buying.

looking through you game list here are some tips

1. go through and deleted the 0 point games you have (Bankshot Billiards, Galaga, etc.) this will improve your % complete

2. go on the main page and activate the achievement check list for all the games you have on your card, and check off the completed achievements... it's kind of a long task so maybe just do it a few games at a time, maybe start with your arcade titles, and games you physically own and haven't yet completed, then move on to games you rented and never finished.... I've found the ability to hide your completed games makes it easier to see what you've got that you can work on, and being a click or two away from a guide/roadmap makes it easy to mentally see which games you think you've got some achieving potential left in.

3. finish up some of the easier games you've got: Pocketbike Racer, Oblivion, NFS Most Wanted, Crackdown, Fallout 3, etc.

4. find games that have co-op achievements and find yourself a co-op partner to help you through it, finding someone a few levels a head of you and you can blow through some of those games quite easily (IE: RE5 you can complete everything but versus mode in less than a day with a co-op partner who has already finished the game once or twice already).