PDA

View Full Version : Will this Game be well worth it's name?

Skully B
03-19-2010, 10:58 PM
Is this game Going to be one to knock you on your toes whats it about? it's been in production for soo long now.

PookaWolfunk
03-20-2010, 01:32 AM
I think for some people it's going to be exactly what they want - I've been waiting for a long frickin' time for it to come out and I'm still as excited as the first time I saw content.

On the other hand, it will probably have a lot of people against it for any little flaws because of the long production time, so I guess only time will tell!

Munkk1
04-08-2010, 03:29 PM
Well I read about this from a finnish game magazine way back with the early developement and (luckily) forgot about it until about two months ago when I saw the awesome E3 demos. Now with the new gameplay commercial (a red dead joke perhaps?) I'm really looking forward to it: YouTube- Alan Wake: Building the Thriller
Let's just hope that it's as tight as Max Payne :) Last time I was this exited over a game it was Arkham Asylum and we all know how good that was.

Ozbaab
04-08-2010, 03:33 PM
I think, and am pretty sure, that it will be a success! :)
Both MS and Remedy is putting alot of work into Alan

Munkk1
04-08-2010, 07:05 PM
Yeah. And judging from payne, it's going to be one hell of a story. The action seems tight enough for a game like this and it's good to see that wake isn't a superhero like max was since that wouldn't fit the game. Let's just hope that the scares, action and story are in balance :)

Takamura Bear
04-10-2010, 12:03 AM
It does look very interesting, but whether or not it actually live up to the hype is another thing.

Putting all your hopes and dreams into a game that will blow you away can lead to utter disappointment. I've felt that several times before.

I'm actually more excited for the story (shock!) rather than the gameplay itself to be honest.

Usually, games that I don't have much hype for in the begining I end up loving every bit of it (e.g. Arkham Asylum), so fingers crossed that this game will be great.

Munkk1
04-10-2010, 05:41 AM
Yeah I think that here the story is the thing. And as I said: Max Payne had one hell of a story and it was in developement for about as long as this so I wait big (maybe even a little too big...) things from this....

NoMaD DiSTuRBeD
04-11-2010, 10:31 PM
I try not to get my hopes up. Especially after Gears 2.

Ozbaab
04-12-2010, 08:15 AM
Heh, I have a hard time NOT to get my hopes up :P

Munkk1
04-12-2010, 04:55 PM
^^same here. Hype Level: Arkham Asylum and rising :rock

Guffie
05-07-2010, 08:01 PM
I had zero hype for this game, but when I started it for the first time I was shocked... Alan Wake is a perfect game. And I actually didn't even play it the first day I got it...

This game can really keep your blood pressure up with it's unique thriler style. And the storyline keep you playing "just one episode more"... :D