PDA

View Full Version : Fastest Way To Get Online Achievements Without A Grind Partner

Mulsiphix
03-20-2007, 11:29 PM
Note: I seem to be posting this information a lot so I wanted to make thread specifically for it. I will try to go over the contents of the explanation in a few days so that is reads more fluidly.

RAW DATA FOR ALL NON-Team DeathMatch ACHIEVEMENTS
Optimal Level: Salvage Walk
Game Type: Deathmatch
Frag Count: 100
Time Limit: None
Remember To: Host The Game Yourself

RAW DATA FOR ALL Team DeathMatch ACHIEVEMENTS
Optimal Level: Shuttle 2
Game Type: Team Deathmatch
Frag Count: 100
Time Limit: None
Remember To: Host The Game Yourself
Strategy: Try and stay in a shuttle during most of the match. You can kill players quickly and there is always an abundance of people to shoot. In a full game you can easily kill 250 people in an hour, give or take five to ten minutes. I did this in half that time but consider myself quite skilled in the shuttle and with using the analog sticks to move/aim.

EXPLANATION
I had no trouble finishing these up. I made sure to create my own games, set the frags to 100, time to None, and played until I had my 250 in both DM and TDM. I did DM first though so I'm not sure if TDM kills actually count towards your DM kills as I have read. To avoid massive lag, hosts ending the game, and to ensure the longest matches possible, I highly urge you to host your own games when working to unlock the kill count based achievements.

I spent the majority of my time on Savage Walk as the level provided easy access to all weapons, two peace pipes, multiple spirit "sacks", is open enough to easily achieve the sniper achievement, contains enough doors to easily unlock the crawler achievement, and has enough low traffic areas to safely stash your body to achieve the spirit/bowman achievement. However, a crowded Shuttle 2 map, taking advantage of the shuttle, can really help get the kill count up for the DM/TDM kill count achievements.

Obviously the more people in a game the faster and easier it will be unlocking achievements. I recommend creating your own game on the Salvage Walk map during the afternoon and evening times of the day (I'm in CST / GMT-6). It may take up to fifteen minutes for people to start joining. However, if it takes 15 minutes for the first person to join, the next person should join no later than 7.5 minutes later, the next 3.25 minutes later, and so on.

Above all else I recommend sitting down to complete these achievements when you have a lot of free time. It may take a little while to get your game fully populated but most people stick with the game once the match ends. If you have enough time you could easily finish all online based achievements within a few hours, assuming you have enough skill to frag the hell out of everybody consistantly :D.