PDA

View Full Version : chapter 11 fal'cie dahaka

Oliv3rP
03-20-2010, 08:16 AM
just wondering how good peoples stats were at this stage cuz im having a bit of trouble with this guy, i watched a youtube video of him getting killed and he was doing around 10-11k damage with all 3 people when the guy was staggered, I do around 5-9k so i want to know how bad my guys really are, if at all

Tranas Scythe
03-20-2010, 09:03 AM
Maxed all Main Crystarium trees. Before every boss I'd have the max for that chapter.

Oliv3rP
03-20-2010, 09:19 AM
cor blimey, it does look like ima have to drop back down and do some fights, im 4,3,3 on each of my players and have tier 2 weapons for fang and light but i dont seem to do too much damage

Tyrantus
03-20-2010, 12:03 PM
If it helps, here is what the guide says to do on that fight using Hope, Fang and Lightning:

The key to conquering this opponent is to pay close attention to onscreen notifications. When you espy a caption for Fulminous Firestorm or Bone-chilling Breaker, immediately switch to the Combat Clinic Paradigm. After one highly powerful opening salvo (which you can heal from immediately), Dahaka will perform a handful of generally less powerful attacks. Stick with the defensive Paradigm until these end if you lack confidence, though you should at least make a brief switch to Delta Attack or Solidarity to avoid losing your progress on the chain gauge.

Another special attack is Diluvial Plague, which inflicts several different status ailments at once. Dispelga is your saviour here: with a quick visit to the Techniques menu, you can cure all of these instantly. If you don't have this ability, your only option is to switch to Combat Clinic and pray.

When you Stagger Dahaka, the beast will fall to the ground and be incapable of launching further attacks until the Chain Gauge depletes. This is your cue to switch to Relentless Assault and pound away. Interestingly, though, the monster is also susceptible to Deprotect, Imperil and Slow when staggered. If you can Paradigm shift and have Fang inflict Slow as the monster rises from it's prone position (in other words, just before the Stagger ends), you can make the process of filling it's Chain Gauge once again much faster. You will, however, need to quickly return to a Paradigm with Sentinel before it resumes it's assault - especially if any party members are injured.

If Dahaka casts Faith or Haste, note that you can employ the Dispelga technique to remove it's buffs. If a Stagger is within reach, though, it's better to save your valuable TP for emergencies.

Oliv3rP
03-20-2010, 01:05 PM
HATE THIS GAME

got him down to 30000 and i flipping died :| :| :|

ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Dan Rycroft
03-20-2010, 03:25 PM
This guy was mega easy for me ...
I had:
All 3 of my party with level 4 role levels on 2 crystariums and level 3 on another.
Dahaka never unleashed more than thunder or watera on me i always managed to stagger him before he did som real damage.
Due to this i didn't need to heal all battle :).

Oliv3rP
03-20-2010, 03:39 PM
i did it on my next attempt after that near miss, but yeh i staggered him pretty quick, only time i needed to heal was in the middle cuz i didnt get slow on him before he came out of stagger, but it was ok in the end

killerkord
03-20-2010, 05:01 PM
I used the following: Lightning, Snow and Hope.

Lightning had COM and RAV at level 4, MED at 3.
Snow had SEN and COM at level 4, RAV at 3.
Hope had SYN and MED at level 4, RAV at 3.

So I was very far from maxing if that's what you're wondering. I didn't have a hard time killing the Dahaka, in fact, quite an easy time. After buffing myself with SYN, I had RAV/RAV/RAV, staggered it, went at it like crazy with COM/COM/RAV and then staggered again with RAV/RAV/RAV before it could even attack. For me it just kept buffing itself instead of attacking so it was ridiculously easy. I didn't get hit lol.

Oliv3rP
03-20-2010, 07:55 PM
i seen a lot of people saying they use rav rav rav but wouldnt that mean the bar falls at a ridiculous rate?

i always use com rav rav for staggering

TheDeadspace
03-20-2010, 08:08 PM
I prefer COM/RAV/RAV, but I suppose that if you have your ATB timing down, 3 RAV's could work.

killerkord
03-20-2010, 08:18 PM
i seen a lot of people saying they use rav rav rav but wouldnt that mean the bar falls at a ridiculous rate?

i always use com rav rav for staggering

Nope. If all 3 are hitting at once, it stacks much faster and after their combo is done, you will be able to act again before it depletes. Alternatively, you could use a commando to get one hit on him and then go triple-RAV to stagger quickly.

However, it may be possible for the bar to deplete if all you do is mash AUTO. Sometimes the characters do melee then ranged then melee then magic, and their combo takes forever. It would be best to choose the actions yourself at certain times.

Dragon86
03-21-2010, 07:50 AM
I found this guy to be fairly easy using Fang, Hope and Lightning. My Paradigms were something like, Com/Rav/Rav, Com/Med/Rav, Com/Syn/Rav and Sen/Med/Med. My levels were 4, 3, 3 for all three of them. None had over 4k HP.