PDA

View Full Version : Unlimited coin/EXP glitch *Spoiler warning*

Mr Celtwii
03-20-2010, 10:35 AM
Hey I just stumbled on this earlier today playing through the game and thought i'd share it, dont think its been posted yet either.

Once you complete the mission in the City of Amaranthine "Smugglers run" and clear out the smugglers cove the leader will appear, enter chat with him and he will say "allow me to offer this donation" select "Thanks". He will then ask you to go on another mission which will upset the guards, select "I cant do this" you will then recieve 15gold coins and EXP you can continue this over and over again.
Enjoy.:drunk

(If you dont like it dont do it im simply posting it up for those that want too.)

Sambuca Queen
03-20-2010, 11:07 AM
Thanks for that, I was wondering if I should do this quest, but didnt want to piss the guards off!

Firegod83
03-20-2010, 03:22 PM
I was just about to post this, I can confirm it works. I just went back to talk to him to see what he would say after I said no, and it started over again.

nateeasy
04-04-2010, 04:35 PM
Where does he appear? Do you have to do it right after the mission?

Deathr0t
04-05-2010, 11:07 AM
Ha I think I majorly screwed that Quest up. I am unsure if I said somthing incorrectly but after obtaining smugglers run and getting the key from the guards corpse (he auto engaged combat) I proceeded downwards where their leader wouldn't speak to me and he engaged combat. After they were dead, no one "appeared" as stated above, nor in the main city area. Now the guards hate me and the original quest giver says "I have nothing to say to you".

Any advice would be appreciated, I do have a save entering the city so I will restart it.

Deathr0t
04-05-2010, 01:11 PM
Here is the quest giver, I am still in the process of determining what allows you to speak to him (Twice I have had the problem of him and his guards engaging me, leading to their death and dissolving the quest before it begins) I will edit post with the correct steps to take.

YouTube- Dragon Age: Awakening - Infinite Gold/XP Loop Glitch

nateeasy
04-18-2010, 12:08 AM
HAHA sweet. This should help me get to level 30. And 15 gold is an awfully big donation. Ive already beat Awakening, I just need this to get someone to 30.

Canadian Gamerling
07-07-2010, 09:25 PM
i might try this but i dont think i will have to.... im already loaded with an import from origins at lvl 24 and 212g so i think im good hahaha!

mattcrossUNC
07-10-2010, 06:57 PM
^ I've just started Awakening and I've found that gold gets spent rather quickly. Heck, you drop 80 sovereigns in the beginning just to one dwarf to repair the city. I started with close to or over 200 and I'm already down to only like 20 just from upgrading the first 4 characters.

Ageisfang
07-10-2010, 07:04 PM
thnx for this thread thats the next thing i will try when i start a new character in awakening......ran out of gold extremely fast upgrading the keep.

Bofur26
07-18-2010, 04:10 PM
Yes thank you so much I am doing it today.

BurningBlaze21
08-02-2010, 05:18 AM
Not sure if its an EXP glitch but it worked for me for a bit, until I stopped it.

When you are saving Amaranthine I believe its at, instead of going back to Vigil's Keep, eventually you will get to some round library type room, very close to the exit back to the city. Stay in this room and an endless stream of 3 genlocks kept spawning for me.

I could one hit them, no doubt im not the only person to play this content that can do that, so they are very easy enemies. They give you I think like 72 EXP each, so that should level you up rather quickly, but also by this point you should already be at level 30 or close to it.

The Watcher
08-30-2010, 12:00 PM
Cool i need some more cash so i can upgrade all my weapons and stuff

FrankXnBeanZ
08-31-2010, 02:06 AM
Im late to the party on playing this game . Just Dl'd all the DLC & did the title update. Does this glitch still work with the title update ? or do I need to clear the cache for it to work like the Origins lvl up glitch ??

thanks in advance,

FnB

The Watcher
08-31-2010, 09:00 AM
Yes it still works i did it like 4 maybe 5 hours ago just follow the instruction that Mr Celtwii or the video from Deathrot and it will work.

FrankXnBeanZ
09-09-2010, 07:06 PM
Hmmm, im having the same issue as above with guard leader auto attacking. :confused: . any updates on how to initiate the loop ? if not , no biggie I just wanted to do it for the gold :woop::woop:

EDIT: NVM , i guess you need to choose to keep smuggling . I went the other route by not accepting the offer in the beginning . Oh well , no sweat.

ADenton109
11-01-2010, 08:48 PM
A bit of fast cash thanks a lot for the tip.

Moflea RO
11-08-2010, 07:38 AM
For all the people that have the smuggler leader attacking you , you should know that the only way to get into the glitch is by accepting the Smuggler's quest and not taking the Guard Leader quest. Hope it helps.
Also I have noticed a bug while having both quests , finishing the guard quest and then talking to the bartender will trigger the "I have nothing to say to you" and " Wardens are just criminals" dialogs even if you were the "good" guy and killed the smugglers .

nagal
12-18-2010, 03:32 AM
can you leave the area and come back later and will it still work?

Puppys
01-09-2011, 01:43 AM
i like the fact that this still works, and bioware doesnt care enough to fix it

SweetLouDiamond
06-16-2011, 07:59 PM
^ I've just started Awakening and I've found that gold gets spent rather quickly. Heck, you drop 80 sovereigns in the beginning just to one dwarf to repair the city. I started with close to or over 200 and I'm already down to only like 20 just from upgrading the first 4 characters.

i thought the same thing and spent a lot of my gold early on, but i'm back up to like 200 gold after just a few quests & picking stuff up & selling it. gold shouldnt be much of a problem (i think i paid 30 gold to 'the wolf' too)

The Dagda Mor
06-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Glad this still works. Just started playing Awakening. Late to the party but I have so many games to play through.

StubbsDK
06-29-2011, 09:55 PM
Even if the BioWare patched the glitch, which they haven't, you can always delete your system cache... It removes all patches from the game, just remember to stay offline as long as you need to use it...
Anyone have a clue on what the lvl cap is? and an estimate on how long it takes to reach it from lvl 24??

I can also confirm that you can choose the option "Is there anything else?" from the first line of questions... It makes it a little easier...or, you don't have to switch direction on the D-pad...

Wildcats 418
08-04-2011, 06:14 PM
Hey I just stumbled on this earlier today playing through the game and thought i'd share it, dont think its been posted yet either.

Once you complete the mission in the City of Amaranthine "Smugglers run" and clear out the smugglers cove the leader will appear, enter chat with him and he will say "allow me to offer this donation" select "Thanks". He will then ask you to go on another mission which will upset the guards, select "I cant do this" you will then recieve 15gold coins and EXP you can continue this over and over again.
Enjoy.:drunk

(If you dont like it dont do it im simply posting it up for those that want too.)

I know i am quite some time behind on this, I was going to alert the players to this glitch as well. I had completed the quest and the dude gave me 15 soverigns, and then we wanted me to kill the guard and I thought no way I am going to go back up there and do the guards quest as well; more experience. Well when I went back up there to talk to the constable he was pissed off at me as was every other guard, so I had to go back down into the Smugglers Lair and accept his quest and I noticed that he gave the gesture of handing me an item, so I told him no again to see if had paid me twice and sure enough he did. So then I tried it another time and looked at my coins first to make sure I was being credited them; yes again. So I went ahead and done it five more times to get that 80 gold the dwarf wanted for Vigils Keep.

I am not that far into Awakings yet and I have notice that it is prone for glitches anyway; as soon as arrived in Amaranthine the game glitched me all the way to top of the guard house, i thought the game locked up on me becuase it locked up early (or so I thought, it was only a glitch) Has any body else noticed a glitch this bad on this DLC before, I have seen some crazy glitches on various games before, but nothing like what is going on here. I know that this is an old post but others will read this as it is the first new posts in this subforum for almost a month. Thank in advance!

Headless Snip3r
02-22-2012, 09:05 PM
I haven't seen any of these glitches, but very happy about the OPs comments. Good spotting, and thanks. Makes those 200 gold items alot easier to get.

IO IW IN xAG3x
05-11-2012, 01:03 AM
Just wanna thank the op and the person that posted the vid if u do it fast u can have loads of money and lvl 30 in no time thanks man I just bought all the nicest items that's cost almost 200 sovereigns each.
:drunk cheers

LH Cerberus
09-01-2012, 02:12 PM
thanks
still working, September, 1st 2012

RichRichie1989
09-29-2012, 08:27 PM
how do you perform the glitch

EnemyBritBomber
10-18-2012, 03:56 PM
Still works as of today with any and all new updates.

scraps0626
01-13-2014, 07:08 AM
That was very helpful thank you

DrPerkele
12-30-2014, 11:39 AM
I'll have to try and remember that if I ever reply the game. I usually sided with the guards.