PDA

View Full Version : Destroy 4 MCOM stations pin

Natetendo83
03-20-2010, 03:24 PM
I wasn't able to find anything too specific on this so I just wanted to ask if anyone had any strategies for this pin. It's the only pin I have left to get before I have all 40 and it's been a pain to obtain. Is it just something that will happen if I just keep putting all my efforts into arming MCOM stations or does anyone have any specific strategies for people like me looking to knock off this pin?

Sniper Riflez
03-20-2010, 03:27 PM
Do a Map with 8 Com Stations for starters, onlt tip I can give really, try having a friend camp outside their base so you can spawn on him constantly.

Zarkykins
03-20-2010, 03:29 PM
I don't have that pin either, but when I play squad rush, I arm it, then I load that puppy up with C4 and as I run away I blow it up. Tanks are good if you can get it down there safely and fire away at it.

aristokrat18
03-20-2010, 04:12 PM
You can also try playing late into the night, and as people leave you might wind up alone in a game. Then you can run through and arm every station yourself. It doesn't happen all the time, but I've gotten it a couple times on late nights of gaming.

Zarkykins
03-20-2010, 04:48 PM
You can also try playing late into the night, and as people leave you might wind up alone in a game. Then you can run through and arm every station yourself. It doesn't happen all the time, but I've gotten it a couple times on late nights of gaming.
Holy hell. I never thought about that. I always end up in conquest by myself oblivious to the fact that I could just as easily end up alone in rush. Thank you.

Daggra
03-20-2010, 05:34 PM
I got this on Port Valdez, but a good tip is go for maps where the MCOM station can be destroyed by demolishing the building that they're in. Just get a tank with the fast reload perk and fire from a distance, or rush in as an assault with C4 and both explosives perk. Level the houses. Or if you want to get it old-school. Just get a good squad, arm it, defend it til it blows.

Totally Dubbed
03-20-2010, 05:58 PM
Just in a normal game, just keep on going for the M-com's.
It was a hard one to get but after 5 games or so, i got it.

It's great if your team help you as well. But don't arm it. Just protect it.
Hopefully you will end up 400 points richer for destroying the objectives and 100 exp more on the pin! GOOD LUCK!

Poppygalaxy
03-20-2010, 06:04 PM

OMG your brilliant. Im not going to bed tonigh :p

SIDEWALKxSLAM
03-20-2010, 07:23 PM
Got this last night. Easy way is find one of those games where youre on the favorable side of a one sided game and just go for it. Grab vehicles and try and catch the other team as soon as you can rush the new points. My friend and I grabbed a quad and just went for it every time.

dsweenLKN
03-20-2010, 10:00 PM
Best maps would be Valparaiso or Arica Harbor, as they each have 10 stations.

The strategies above work, I've gotten it both ways. Me and a friend ended up with like two other guys from the same team, but nobody on the other team. Then eventually those others left, so we both got our pins easily.

And, sometimes you just get lucky and plant a lot of charges. I think I got it on Valparaiso just by running and placing as many charges as I could. Enough of them went through and I got the pin again.

jodaw
03-21-2010, 12:12 AM
i managed to get this today but i was lucky as there was only me and another dude in the game. 1v1. Luckily for me i got 4 before too many people entered the game

McApree
03-21-2010, 02:31 AM
Find runs that you can make where it is easier to get to Mcomm stations and plant. Also find a spot near the Mcomm where you can protect it.

I get this pin probably every other time I attack.

Rolyatkcinmai
03-21-2010, 03:03 AM
I have about 12 of these pins. In fact, I find that if I don't plant 3 or 4 of the bombs personally, my team won't even advance at all. Gotta love Xbox Live.

neverendr
03-21-2010, 04:49 AM
I have about 12 of these pins. In fact, I find that if I don't plant 3 or 4 of the bombs personally, my team won't even advance at all. Gotta love Xbox Live.

I know how you feel...more often than not my entire squad is sitting back sniping, so I go for the arm, hoping they'll kill the enemies coming to stop me. Unfortunately, it seems most people playing the recon class are awful shots...it seems like CoD instant sniper shot syndrome. I find it pretty easy personally, having gone through sniper school in the army, but damn, it would be nice to at least be able to spawn on a squadmate and be someone close to the objectives. Hopefully soon people will learn to cooperate better as squads and it won't be such an issue...until then, I guess I'll be running around with RPGs and a shotgun trying to move the game along by myself.

R Rated Love
03-21-2010, 06:00 AM
Yeah, this was one of the first pins I got. I just kept advancing and arming. My whole team was just sniping. (Though this was a 5 on 5 game, which made things a bit easier. Just luck of the draw, I suppose.)

Zarkykins
03-21-2010, 09:07 AM
The one time I can't end up in a game by myself...

Barad
03-21-2010, 11:42 AM
I got this pin 4 times now..just run for them and set some C4 up on every door or entrance to the building your in and hide in a corner inside. works for me everytime ;)

xII Ben IIx
03-21-2010, 11:59 AM
Getting a game of Rush alone is harder then in Conquest seeing as Rush contains about 65% of people on BFBC2.

I've got a few of these now, and I distinctly remember a certain way of doing business.

Game: Rush
Map: Valparaiso

Get on to a Quad bike and start headed down the main road. Hard to explain this bit, but there is a slight turn off on the left that goes into the jungle and you can ride off a small cliff on the roof on to the roof of a house and then drive along it straight for B.
Plant B and then hide in a corner and wait till it makes a BOOM! noise. Then try your best to sneak to the other one and rinse and repeat.
On the third part of this map when it goes down to attacking a village next to the water, one of the MCOM stations is in a house on top of water in which you can go underneath and plant.

Thats three to start you off thus far. This map contains 8 MCOM stations and if you can follow that short block of text above, that should help you.

LAD360
03-21-2010, 01:18 PM
Use the smoke launcher on the AR's. Wait until the defenders are distracted by friendlies around the base, shoot a smoke just beyond the crate and another on it as you run in, plant, go out the same way and defend. Chuck an ammo pack down and you can fire two more smokes whilst defending it. I can do this on my own so if you have a full squad distracting and defending you sohuld easily do it.