PDA

View Full Version : Prime Target glitched.....in a good way, i guess

MasterNinja33
03-20-2010, 03:44 PM
Just checking to see if anyone else had a similiar experience with this achievement.

I beat challenges 1-15 by myself and challenges 1-5 two-player with my brother on Wednesday. So yesterday I jumped online to beat a few more challenges on two-player with my friend this time. I beat challenge 16 solo before he got online, then we beat challenges 6-18 two-player. After that we messed around on Counter Co-op, and I took break afterwards. When I jumped back on Perfect Dark a couple hours later, Prime Target chevo popped at the main menu screen. I am thinking "WTF, I haven't beat any other challenges past 18"

I proceeded to beat the rest of the challenges through 30 last night to make myself feel better. But it was weird to get to get that achievement with only challenges 1-16 completed on solo, and challenges 1-18 completed on two-player.

Untitled Agent
03-20-2010, 04:00 PM
you're at least the third case that i've seen on x360a (one of which was only after doing about 2 challenges). i'm not sure if i should be disappointed that it glitches sometimes, or that it doesn''t glitch more often.

bob101910
03-20-2010, 04:04 PM
Maybe they made it so if you complete 29 challenges you get the achievement instead of complete them all. But then again, it would've unlocked sooner. Strange.

capnDVD
03-20-2010, 04:57 PM
Same thing happened to me just now. I played and beat challenges 1-16 on my own and then played through 1-14 with a friend on local split screen. We called it quits and were planing on coming back to it. When I started up PD and went into the menu this morning "Prime Target" popped! WTF as well??? I hope that the other achievements are not also glitched. Another note while playing counter op on carrington villa the "Act Your Age, Joanna" achievement would not pop, hoping to get it in solo.

MasterNinja33
03-20-2010, 05:11 PM
I am also thinking the glitchy nature of it has something to do with completing 29 challenges in general and not challenges 1-29(like it was meant to be). I dunno, just a wild guess, but it would have unlocked earlier on me if that was the case.

captain host
03-20-2010, 05:56 PM
happened to my buddy to, he got his star up to level 25, player in 26-29 but did not get is star and he got is achievement when he booted the game later in the day.

Did not work for me, i got all the star exept for 26 and no achievement :p So i guess its a case by case glitchy achievement.

@MasterNinja33;if i count all the challenge i did;
1player:29
2player 20
3player 5

CressDX
03-20-2010, 11:41 PM
lol
I got the Prime Target now just when i started the game and i havent cleared all the Challanges.

I have only cleared 1 players challange 1-27
and in co op 1-19

Snake Eyes
03-21-2010, 07:43 AM
:woop:I got the achievement this way as well and to be honest I felt like I deserved to get it even though I did get it because it glitched since the "tools of the trade" achievement glitched on me I completed all the weapons at the firing range but didn't get the "tools of the trade" achievement

DamnBoogieman
03-21-2010, 08:03 AM
that exact thing happen to me yesterday and i was a little disapointed because i wanted to get that achivement 100% legal that sucks and the agent achievement also pop out while i was still missing the last two missions.

MPM
03-21-2010, 06:09 PM
I can confirm this glitch...

I believe currently it pops when you complete 29 challenges as opposed to completing all 29 challenges.

So you can do 1-15 single play and 1-15 coop and it will pop. You have to quit out tho, (maybe play another game) and then head back into perfect dark for it to pop.

Just worked for me there!

JCreazy
03-21-2010, 07:53 PM
I can confirm this glitch...

I believe currently it pops when you complete 29 challenges as opposed to completing all 29 challenges.

So you can do 1-15 single play and 1-15 coop and it will pop. You have to quit out tho, (maybe play another game) and then head back into perfect dark for it to pop.

Just worked for me there!

I will try this when I can

Kid Eternity X
03-21-2010, 08:03 PM
This sounds interesting...

Will definately give it a go, although I am determined to do them all! Stuck on 20 atm, stupid bot its ridiculously good, and I can never get any good weapons!

MPM
03-21-2010, 09:43 PM
Basically you're looking for 29+ challenge 'stars' as opposed to completing 1-29 individually.

Zee
03-21-2010, 10:24 PM
You actually have to all thirty of them. It just wanted to be fancy and say prime target, since the 29th one is supposed to be the hardest out of them all. There not too hard alone, you just have to get the right strategy going. Although, the instant kill with the poor teammate challenge did piss me the hell off.

BanditBanks
03-21-2010, 10:35 PM
You actually have to all thirty of them. It just wanted to be fancy and say prime target, since the 29th one is supposed to be the hardest out of them all. There not too hard alone, you just have to get the right strategy going. Although, the instant kill with the poor teammate challenge did piss me the hell off.

As soon as I finished my 29th challenge (Which was challenge 27) it unlocked.
I haven't even tried 30 yet, I don't want to haha.

RazgriZ FX
03-21-2010, 10:39 PM
It's the last three that stop me. Done it on the original but now having to do it again, ugh ffs.

#28 isn't so bad, it's fairly easy in the right bases. The last cap I needed I got right to my briefcase, I was certain I was on the thing to score the last cap to make it 9 on the scoreboard, but that damn annoying Peter Mol darksim came dashing round the corner & shot at me pushing me away, even onto the thing I'm sure but killed me in like 2 seconds with the AR34, grrr.

#29 is a ball ache, if you don't get it just right you're stuffed. The dragon proxi mine strategy especially, read about some glitch? Unsure if it works but back in the day I beat the darksims without either.

#30, attempted it once on the XBLA version, erm... lame really that's all I'm saying so far.

@ the glitched achievement for those, lucky for some huh. I've not got it yet, its funny how many glitchy achievements there are out atm though, one on Bad Company 2 when you get around 31 or 32 awards it unlocks the achievement for having 50 something unique awards XD

Oh also it wouldn't make sense if you had to do all 30 of the challenges if the detail in the achi says "complete all challenges up to 29, the 10th prime number".

BenWo
03-23-2010, 09:37 AM
I got this as well but it worked different for me...

I completed EVERY challenge up to 25 either by myself or with 2 or 3 people.. Not more than one star on each...

Then jumped straight to challenge 29 skipping 26 through 28 as i know the glitch to do 29 easily...

For those who don't you go into caracter select and pick any HUMAN head and hold RB then go down to body whilst still holding RB and choose an Elvis body.. Then launch the challenge grab any gun and drop into the small hole which is at the bottom of the map (it's kinda like a ditch) you'll know it when you see it..

Then move to the far left, crouch twice and push right up against it as if starting to climb out but don't.. Now 99% of the enemy shots can't touch you.. They just stand above you shooting at the floor like muppets and you can cap off easy Headshots...

Anyway i digress-:

So i beat challenge 29 after skipping the others and decided to take a break.. Returned to the Carrington Institute, later on loaded up Combat Simulator and the Achievement popped.

capnDVD
04-19-2010, 04:08 AM
I am convinced that it simply has to do with completing 29+ challenges or getting 29+ stars and not with actually completing challenges 1 through 29.