PDA

View Full Version : VIP Code questions...

TOBY DA THUG
03-20-2010, 09:07 PM
just a couple of questions regarding the VIP code.

1. Does it come with every new copy of the game? or just limited edition?
2. Whats the benefit of Limited edition?
3. Can I get all DLC achievements without the code?
4. what exactly does the VIP code unlock?

thanks in advance

Hot Juicy Pie
03-20-2010, 09:17 PM
just a couple of questions regarding the VIP code.

1. Does it come with every new copy of the game? or just limited edition?
2. Whats the benefit of Limited edition?
3. Can I get all DLC achievements without the code?
4. what exactly does the VIP code unlock?

thanks in advance

1. Every new copy has a VIP code.
2. Limited edition enables you to access some of the later unlocks from the beginning.
3. Until the DLC comes out, it is unknown whether or not they can be purchased by non-VIP members.
4. The VIP code unlocks the in-game store, granting you access to some free DLC and other stuff. I'm not sure if you can use the store at all without a VIP code... Confirm anyone?

PLEYOR
03-20-2010, 09:49 PM
I believe you can access the store but cannot download the VIP exclusive map packs, It's an incentive to buy a brand new copy of the game mate.

EternalPredator
03-20-2010, 10:36 PM
I believe you can access the store but cannot download the VIP exclusive map packs, It's an incentive to buy a brand new copy of the game mate.

u can access the store but without the VIP code u have to buy the maps

Infininja
03-21-2010, 09:11 PM
I don't think there is currently a way for non-VIPs to purchase VIP status or VIP maps, either.

mechbeast01
03-21-2010, 09:41 PM
I'm pretty sure that the VIP code is tied to your EA account and not your gamer tag since I have 2 accounts tied to my account and I didn't have to use a 2nd code to unlock the VIP exclusive map. Also these accounts are on different 360s so there was no chance of it being once you have the content for one account on a 360 the rest can use it can use it kind of thing.
Also if I remember correctly the only way to get the VIP status without getting a new game is by buying it off the marketplace for something like 800-1200 points.

DeliriumTri99er
03-21-2010, 09:49 PM
I never knew you could buy it off the marketplace. Hmmm

FroZeNSouL
03-21-2010, 10:09 PM
Also with the map pack 1, i didnt have to download.
Which means it was already on the disk :S
Meaning ViP status is giving us content for free, that we should already have anyway :S

On the official site it says that there is going to be map packs and content we need to buy, even if we are ViP. And theres the Dr Pepper Achievement DLC, that is obvious we are not going to get for being ViP. Weather its discounted for vip, i dont know.