PDA

View Full Version : why is this album so expensive

NG2NATE
03-20-2010, 09:53 PM
http://dkpresents.files.wordpress.com/2009/03/b00000aga001lzzzzzzz.jpg
why is album so exspensive if you look on amazon its almost 300$ does anyone know what makes it so expensive it really pisses me off because its the last album i need for my queens of the stone age album collection

laundryman
03-20-2010, 10:19 PM
It's the first QOTSA album and pretty rare. Is it a vinyl by chance? $300 is a lot but it is a pretty rare album. I know it's not on itunes and I've never seen it in stores.

Tussell
03-20-2010, 10:26 PM
The vinyl version was released in three limited editions on Frank Kozik's record label Man's Ruin Records.

It's the certain editions that are expensive.

Recently different counterfeit versions of this album have shown up for sale on websites such as eBay.

It should be pretty sweet though, they're re-releasing it this year, and doing a tour supporting the album. Only playing songs off the first album. Should be pretty awesome. I'd love to see it.

Noddlez
03-24-2010, 02:39 AM
My dad has that album If I'm right.. Since it is the first and rare I can understand it for being $300. That would be awesome for your collection. ;)

veece16
03-24-2010, 02:45 AM
Like everyone else has said, it's rare and hard to get now. I'm lucky that my dad got it back in the day along with some original AC/DC albums.

Spanky4G63
03-24-2010, 03:17 AM
I remember my girlfriend finding Mf Doom's Operation Doomsday in Rasputin one day but she told me a couple days afterward when I was talking about it. She said she didn't tell me because she was mad at me that day:mad:

Son of Kyuss
03-24-2010, 03:49 AM
QotSA's self titled is the only album of theirs I don't own (and I own practically their entire discography, including B-Sides/Rarities and other crap) , I almost acquired a copy off eBay but was sniped at the last second. I kept hearing that Josh would re-master this and the Desert Sessions and have them re-released via Rekords Rekords but alas, nothing has come to fruition.

EDIT: So slap me silly, Josh is finally claiming that this will be the year of the Re-mastered S/T and a tour supporting it again? Let's hope this actually does happen and I'll be one happy camper.

KIDDRAGON67
03-24-2010, 09:00 AM
Like everyone else has said, it's rare and hard to get now. I'm lucky that my dad got it back in the day along with some original AC/DC albums.

And mine sold them back in their day :(

ApochWeiss
03-24-2010, 09:22 AM
It's not quite the same but I had a couple rare demo tapes from big name metal acts. Paid a hefty penny for them and they were prized possessions. Then my little cousin needed a blank cassette tape for some school project and my mother just gave him the tapes (keeping the artwork). One of them was priced at over $200. Oh the shit fest that ensued.

And yet somehow in her eyes it was my fault somehow...DAMNIT I WANNA KNOW HOW SHE GOT ME TO BELIEVE IT WAS MY FAULT SHE GAVE THEM AWAY RIGHT OUT OF MY CD RACKS! :uzi::uzi::uzi:

Amazon is crazy, be careful out there. Some CDs/LPs really AREN'T worth that much but retailers charge that much due to the rarity of the album in the first place. Went on there looking gfor the debut Faith or Fear album. $199.99 (CD format, not the original LP pressing). I died inside, then hit eBay. got the CD for $10. However after a few spins it stopped playing ause of how beat up it was (bad seller, wouldn't take it back or refund the money), then bougt Amazon is crazy, be careful out there. Some CDs/LPs really AREN'T worth that much but retailers charge that much due to the rarity of the album in the first place. Went on there looking gfor the debut Faith or Fear album. $199.99. I died inside, then hit eBay. got the CD for $10. However after a few spins it stopped playing ause of how beat up it was (bad seller, wouldn't take it back or refund the money), then bougt the original EP at a local used music store for $5. TAKE THAT AMAZON USER METAL4OURTYME410!

Mosizzle313
03-26-2010, 03:45 PM
It's the first QOTSA album and pretty rare. Is it a vinyl by chance? $300 is a lot but it is a pretty rare album. I know it's not on itunes and I've never seen it in stores.

off topic: sick signature haha that's awesome

but to be honest I have no idea?

Flyhishootstr8
03-28-2010, 03:16 AM
Garage sales are good too.

King Ghosty
03-28-2010, 10:43 PM
$300? That's so insane.