PDA

View Full Version : is multiplayer always so one sided??

Ionus
03-21-2010, 01:56 AM
Only had game for 2 days. But seems every multiplayer game I have been in is really one sided. The other side has lots of high level people and the team I end up on are all low levels...

Is this the way the multiplayer is in this game? The high level people have better equipment don't they?

And are they harder to kill? or are my weapons just really crappy?

I think would like the multiplayer if it was a bit more even, or I could play with new people like myself. I just need some time to get to know the maps and build some levels, but this seems to be very difficult when high levels just kill you as you spawn.

And please I don't need the "you suck" or "you have to be better" responses.

InsaneKane87
03-21-2010, 02:00 AM
Seems my team is always loosing no matter how good im doing.

Rolyatkcinmai
03-21-2010, 02:13 AM
Only had game for 2 days. But seems every multiplayer game I have been in is really one sided. The other side has lots of high level people and the team I end up on are all low levels...

Is this the way the multiplayer is in this game? The high level people have better equipment don't they?

And are they harder to kill? or are my weapons just really crappy?

I think would like the multiplayer if it was a bit more even, or I could play with new people like myself. I just need some time to get to know the maps and build some levels, but this seems to be very difficult when high levels just kill you as you spawn.

And please I don't need the "you suck" or "you have to be better" responses.

It really has nothing to do with level. I was killing plenty of high levels the moment I popped in the game. You're just having bad luck.

Ry8an25oliver93
03-21-2010, 02:19 AM
It really has nothing to do with level. I was killing plenty of high levels the moment I popped in the game. You're just having bad luck.
Yeah he's pretty much right. but if you're on an uncoordinated team (regardless of rank) you will most likely lose. Your best bet is to get a full squad and communicate. One good (coordinated) squad can make all the difference.

Runic Aries
03-21-2010, 04:22 AM
People keep complaining about how "That person is so much higher rank and has better guns so I can't beat him". Thats such bullshit! All guns are perfectly balanced, and I can personally beat someone with the first of every gun class if they are using any other one. Higher level players win because they have experience and you dont, they know the spots you can get kills, where you cant, and the flanking routes to these spots. The only acceptable excuse for saying someone beat you because of better equipment is if they were using Magnum Ammo on a sniper and hit you with a body shot that killed you, everything else just comes down to they saw you first or they are better than you.

I'm sorry for giving a dickhead response, but the fact is that its not because of equipment or weapons that you are losing, its because of the experience difference.

neverendr
03-21-2010, 04:41 AM
Team coordination is the biggest factor in winning or losing a game. Some of the higher level unlocks are nice and all, but once you have the extra ammo perk and magnum ammo things don't change a whole lot. Be sure to use a headset and communicate with your team, learn the maps to find the best spots for *you* and the quickest routes to them, and I assure you that you'll have no trouble killing people and winning matches, regardless of your teams overall rank vs your opponents.

TaytaMalikai
03-21-2010, 05:47 AM
I was having this problem a lot too, I kept getting put on losing teams and getting pissed off. Eventually I figured out that it was probably because players ragequit from losing teams and then the game puts you in the empty spots = you get on a shitty team. What can you do.

Zarkykins
03-21-2010, 05:51 AM
I was having this problem a lot too, I kept getting put on losing teams and getting pissed off. Eventually I figured out that it was probably because players ragequit from losing teams and then the game puts you in the empty spots = you get on a shitty team. What can you do.
Hulk out on them bitches with either the rocket launcher, noob tube, or take out the G3 and demolish everyone in your site.
It's a good therapy for stressful nights.

subpwn
03-21-2010, 06:06 AM
i mean think about it this way, if your whole team is focusing on :uzi:to get kills then of course you are going to lose. but if the team is confusing on the objective then you will win.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-21-2010, 06:15 AM
Not really one-sided... I mean, most of the time I see higher up people still using the first couple of unlockable weapons. Very few of the final unlocks are that amazing. You just need to keep playing and familiarize yourself with the maps, that's really the only advantage they have over you. Guns are pretty balanced for the most part in this gun and all are lethal in the right hands.

This game is very very team oriented. You need to mesh properly with your teams needs, find a class that suits your playstyle, and just break yourself in. Unlike CoD, this isn't the type of game where you can pick it up on day one and do good. It requires skill, tactics, and a general understanding of the games mechanics. Most of the time I play with 2 squads together in an 8 player XBL party, communication is key.

DejitaruRyuu
03-21-2010, 06:46 AM
90% of the battles have been one sided as I play. Either we dominate or we loose bigtime (usually with 50 tickets diffirence)

The other 10% where very close games.

There was even one game we won with 8 / 0 but somehow the game kept going and going untill we hit 0 / 0 and we get the "your team lost..." screen.:confused:

Zarkykins
03-21-2010, 06:49 AM
Not really one-sided... I mean, most of the time I see higher up people still using the first couple of unlockable weapons. Very few of the final unlocks are that amazing. You just need to keep playing and familiarize yourself with the maps, that's really the only advantage they have over you. Guns are pretty balanced for the most part in this gun and all are lethal in the right hands.

This game is very very team oriented. You need to mesh properly with your teams needs, find a class that suits your playstyle, and just break yourself in. Unlike CoD, this isn't the type of game where you can pick it up on day one and do good. It requires skill, tactics, and a general understanding of the games mechanics. Most of the time I play with 2 squads together in an 8 player XBL party, communication is key.
I wish I could get together with 2 squads like that....shiiittt.

vetteindreams
03-21-2010, 07:47 AM
just take some time and get used to the maps - this was the biggest problem that i had when first playing

OT: @runic - would the body-armor 'perk' stop a sniper's body-shot w/magnum?

Lympathia
03-21-2010, 08:37 AM
There are some times where you come up against a strong high ranked squad and it's difficult to win but overall I think it's pretty even.

neverendr
03-21-2010, 08:48 AM
There are some times where you come up against a strong high ranked squad and it's difficult to win but overall I think it's pretty even.

Regardless of what I said in my post above, I do agree with this...also the thing posted about running 2 squads via a live party. If the experienced squad or squads are ranked up, very used to playing together and communicate well, there's pretty much no chance of beating them. I ran into a few games like that tonight, and my team got postively owned. Nothing like being attackers on rush and having 2 guys hit you with GOL Magnum rifles over and over, you can't win, lol.

AceBD
03-21-2010, 08:53 AM
90% of the battles have been one sided as I play. Either we dominate or we loose bigtime (usually with 50 tickets diffirence)

The other 10% where very close games.

There was even one game we won with 8 / 0 but somehow the game kept going and going untill we hit 0 / 0 and we get the "your team lost..." screen.:confused:

In conquest, when you get the enemy team down to 0 tickets, your team needs one more kill for the win. I've had a couple of games that came down to 0 vs 0 on the scoreboard, and I've been on both the winning and losing end of that. It just means it was a damn good game.

As far as being on topic, I feel that Atacama Desert on Conquest mode is the most one-sided map in the game. Each team starts with 100 tickets, and I've had a lot of matches where we either win by 50 tickets or lose by about the same. It's feast or famine on that map. I'm mainly feasting when I'm flying and the other team has no good pilots.

Taiyz
03-21-2010, 10:09 AM
Yeah he's pretty much right. but if you're on an uncoordinated team (regardless of rank) you will most likely lose. Your best bet is to get a full squad and communicate. One good (coordinated) squad can make all the difference. I am seconding this opinion.

One good squad that is talking and strategizing and has a good class balance (especially if you're attacking in Rush you're gonna want a dedicated medic) can absolutely dominate if the enemy team is roughly as co-ordinated as yours (ie: poorly.)

The only major discrepancy I have with guns is the lack of balance in the Assault class (most of the guns are monsters but two/three of them are about half as good as the rest; I think that the first assault rifle and the F2000 are the worst, so at the start you're kind of underpowered) and then the Magnum Ammo everybody's using as soon as they get it; Body Armor doesn't appear anywhere near as bountiful. The first two LMGs are pretty crap compared to the later ones in my opinion, and the M95 is also quite cheap if you're a better shot and they get a one-hit kill.

Ionus
03-21-2010, 11:43 AM
Thanks for all the helpful posts. You have been very nice :)

And to Runic Aries:
I was not complaining. I asked questions about the equipment. As I am very low level and die all the freakin' time. I don't have high level gear, so was just wondering if that made any difference.

I think the online games are fun, I have only done Rush so far. Will try the other modes soon.

I have found that running into a group of enemies and throwing a grenade works pretty well... I still die... but so do some of them :)

Well hope I see some of you guys online... I will do my best to blow your brains out before you kill me :)

LmTz
03-21-2010, 02:07 PM
Like everyone said, a great squad makes difference.

Of course, communication is very, very important but sometimes, when everyone in your team know what to do and help each other, we could win without any words, seriously.

Ginjasy
03-21-2010, 03:48 PM
A good Squad is key. I try to play with 3 friends. I go Recon with Saiga, another Assault so I have a constant supply of Motion Sensors, a Medic and an Engineer (unless is an Infantry map, then any other Class). Works really well if you communicate with each other.

iBlessing 09
03-21-2010, 06:03 PM
Hulk out on them bitches with either the rocket launcher, noob tube, or take out the G3 and demolish everyone in your site.
It's a good therapy for stressful nights.
everyone in your sight.

Infininja
03-21-2010, 09:03 PM
Magnum ammo only extends the range a bolt-action sniper rifle can get a one hit kill in the body. No long range sniper shot can get a one-hit kill unless it's a headshot or you were already damaged.

II M1CK3H II
03-21-2010, 11:51 PM
you need to be better

TheOnlyDogMan
03-22-2010, 01:50 AM
I don't really communicate well when playing BF:BC2 but what I find helps is using the Back button to mark squad objectives (both offensively and defensively). People listen to the game. If I say 'go get B' nobody listens, half the time they'll go out of their way to avoid B, but when I mark B and the game says 'protect site B' people do it.
It can be a little hard to get used to hitting Back when ever you see people, but if you see more than you can handle coming your way mark them and hide until you can get the drop on them. Even a disorganised squad member will think 'oh crap, there's enemies there' and attack. They might only provide a distraction but it helps. If you're really lucky hiding will enable someone to spawn on you, see the markers, then help you take them out.

Last but not least, when playing Rush in particular, look at your squad status before setting the charge or bursting into a room. Plan ahead with that info. Odds are someone is dead and waiting to spawn off you so you're better off waiting so you'll have some backup when you alert the enemies to your presence. Likewise when defending a site alone use grenades to hold off enemies. You wont usually hurt them but you'll force them to either back off long enough for your team to respawn off you or rush in unprepared and get mowed down.

Good team co-ordination is a must if you want to consistently win games but this basic use of objectives will help ensure that your team rarely gets completely dominated.

Goolob
03-22-2010, 02:53 AM
People keep complaining about how "That person is so much higher rank and has better guns so I can't beat him". Thats such bullshit! All guns are perfectly balanced, and I can personally beat someone with the first of every gun class if they are using any other one. Higher level players win because they have experience and you dont, they know the spots you can get kills, where you cant, and the flanking routes to these spots. The only acceptable excuse for saying someone beat you because of better equipment is if they were using Magnum Ammo on a sniper and hit you with a body shot that killed you, everything else just comes down to they saw you first or they are better than you.

I'm sorry for giving a dickhead response, but the fact is that its not because of equipment or weapons that you are losing, its because of the experience difference.

arrogant much?

Rolyatkcinmai
03-22-2010, 04:03 AM
arrogant much?

There was no arrogance in his post at all. It's true. The weapons are all balanced. The last weapon for every class is just as balanced as the first. Rank should make absolutely no difference.

DENAz666
03-22-2010, 05:02 AM
Yeah i agree, rank has nothing to do with it. Aside from that fact that a higher ranked person has played the game more, and therefor would know that maps better.

Just squad up mate, one decent squad of 4 can pretty much dominate a game.

sir_taugs
03-22-2010, 05:47 AM

Any chance I can be your friend. im looking for big team partys to play with. I'll do whatever it takes to win. I'll be any class and i'm good with all of them. I always am a team player.

HaNDz THaT KiLL
03-22-2010, 06:05 AM

Definitely not entirely true... There are many perks/unlocks that make a HUGE difference dude. Your completely leaving out the fact that high ranks have unlocked weapons that are a lot better than start weapons, don't try to even tell me that shit. High rank snipers have the auto spot, if your in their scope, their whole fucking team now knows your position. Dude, I'm not gonna sit here and argue or anything but being a higher rank DEFINITELY makes a big difference in these games, that's like saying a level 70 in CoDMW2 is no better than a level 15 or some shit.

Personally, I don't care if people are higher ranked with all their upgrades, I'm a good ass sniper and I just go for headshots and I walk around quickscoping people and switching to pistol if the initial shot doesn't kill them. So I won't complain about high ranks... but I definitely think for someone in his position, it makes a big difference. Although you are right somebody with a higher rank does have more experience and they know the maps very well and they know where people typically camp/travel etc.

HaNDz THaT KiLL
03-22-2010, 06:08 AM
I don't really communicate well when playing BF:BC2 but what I find helps is using the Back button to mark squad objectives (both offensively and defensively). People listen to the game. If I say 'go get B' nobody listens, half the time they'll go out of their way to avoid B, but when I mark B and the game says 'protect site B' people do it.
It can be a little hard to get used to hitting Back when ever you see people, but if you see more than you can handle coming your way mark them and hide until you can get the drop on them. Even a disorganised squad member will think 'oh crap, there's enemies there' and attack. They might only provide a distraction but it helps. If you're really lucky hiding will enable someone to spawn on you, see the markers, then help you take them out.

Last but not least, when playing Rush in particular, look at your squad status before setting the charge or bursting into a room. Plan ahead with that info. Odds are someone is dead and waiting to spawn off you so you're better off waiting so you'll have some backup when you alert the enemies to your presence. Likewise when defending a site alone use grenades to hold off enemies. You wont usually hurt them but you'll force them to either back off long enough for your team to respawn off you or rush in unprepared and get mowed down.

Good team co-ordination is a must if you want to consistently win games but this basic use of objectives will help ensure that your team rarely gets completely dominated.

I never communicate in this game as well... My band is a touring/signed band and I have been offline for a long ass time and now that I returned to playing frequently, I don't have many friends left that play any Battlefield games, especially this one. I just join random games and do work, usually I'll do very good myself but my team will lose. I would love to play with a good squad and communicate but I can't even find people with mics in this game! :confused:

tHE HaZE 001
03-22-2010, 06:42 AM
It's not always one-sided, I have been in a few matches that have been a challenge. Getting to 10-20 tickets before we get both bombs (Rush Mode), but it does get ridiculous sometimes how a team can dominate.

benjamouth
03-22-2010, 04:54 PM
i mean think about it this way, if your whole team is focusing on :uzi:to get kills then of course you are going to lose. but if the team is confusing on the objective then you will win.

Yeah this really seems to be what it comes down to, I've had team mates standing around an objective doing nothing as it blows up, the only thing I can think is they want the attackers to get the next 75 tickets so they can get more kills.

guthmund
03-22-2010, 05:57 PM

Exactly.

Once you realize this and get a few unlocks the game gets that much more fun to play. You won't win every time, of course, but at least you'll start having more fun.

When I get a good objective team, then...game on, but if it's a Rambo-fest, I find fun in trying new things...practice on the helicopter, do some road-killin', play with different load-outs and see what works and what doesn't, etc.

Kronos1982
03-23-2010, 05:41 PM
One good (coordinated) squad can make all the difference.

QFT!

I only have one person on my friends list who plays this game (two actually, but the other has never been any good at any FPS game and will NOT stop bitching about dying constantly). Just the two of us coordinating an attack or defend can help turn the tide. When we get two randoms on our squad and they help us instead of lone wolfing it, we're a force to be reckoned with.