PDA

View Full Version : How does one run the bases?

ShazamFTW
03-21-2010, 05:22 AM
I know... this is a stupid question. I rented it, no instructions, and even the drill doesn't say how to do it.

What's the button configuration for stealing, and running bases after a hit, because I can't figure it out without creating random double/triple plays for myself...

:-(

MADasaHatter
03-21-2010, 05:34 AM
I know... this is a stupid question. I rented it, no instructions, and even the drill doesn't say how to do it.

What's the button configuration for stealing, and running bases after a hit, because I can't figure it out without creating random double/triple plays for myself...

:-(

Kay

When you're on base

tapping the Left Trigger will give you a one step lead
tapping the Right Trigger will decrease your lead by one step
Holding down the Left Trigger will set your baserunner to steal the next base. (You will feel a rumble).
Letting go will then cause the baserunner to steal. Tips on this are many but there are two main points:

Depress the LT slowly til its halfway. You'll still be in 'steal' mode and will only have to depress it another half to initiate the steal.
In this game, you're mostly stealing on the pitcher. That is to say, you're running on the pitcher's throw home. Timing when he lifts his leg and goes home is the key to stealing. Some pitchers have "tells" even before the throw making them easier to steal on. (See the titled thread for this)
When you've just hit the ball:

Tapping LT will que up another base. So for instance, you hit the ball to a gap in the outfield and want to take more than first. You tap LT and the '2' icon appears on the base map, signaling that your man is now headed to 2nd base.
Tapping RT during any running sequence will force the runner to go back to a previous base.
hope this helps.