PDA

View Full Version : "Explorer" Is Based Off Of Gray Screen Flashes and Enemies Looted

RenegadeSniper7
03-21-2010, 01:49 PM
I just got Explorer after looting an enemy in a bathroom on Cave when you get separated from your allies. I followed the guide for Military Grade ammo up until this point which caused me to travel to every area possible and loot all enemies. I've seen people unlock it as early as Library, but I just got it now on Cave.

I am pretty confident that it has to do with visiting areas that cause the noise and the GRAY flash (not orange, those are related to the ending) and looting enemies that cause the same thing.

FlamingPenguins
03-21-2010, 02:23 PM
I would have to agree with you, I got it on Black station when I was looting a body and a "flash" had happened right before I was looting the body.

syckrhythm
03-21-2010, 03:22 PM
sounds pretty legit to me, i'll have to check it out, i'm on dead city 2 right now/ 2nd playthrough

TorrentialTyler
03-21-2010, 03:38 PM
Yeah, you simply need to find all the secret areas in the game where the screen flashes grey. (Can be located as items such as the guitar in your room on Exhibiton, on dead bodies, areas with gold bullets, people sitting around, the window upstairs as soon as you start dead city, etc.)

aCzarX
03-21-2010, 04:23 PM
You must not have to find them all just a set number if people are unlocking this at diff points in the game.

Albel Nox
03-21-2010, 04:26 PM
o.o
I wish there was a list of all the secret areas.

VladimirK
03-21-2010, 04:35 PM
I thought this when I started playing, but I've finished and it's still not unlocking.
(Not on my card since I can't connect to Live just now).

But I went everywhere that I possibly could in every mission.
Hope it unlock in my next playthrough.

TorrentialTyler
03-21-2010, 05:04 PM
I got it while searching for the gold bullets. If you follow this guide you may unlock it.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=215860

RenegadeSniper7
03-21-2010, 05:27 PM
I got it while searching for the gold bullets. If you follow this guide you may unlock it.
http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/showthread.php?t=215860
Exactly what I did, but I followed the guy who had the huge guide in that thread (the third guy's list I think). NOTE: None of the lists there are complete for getting all the bullets at the stations for Sherlock

TorrentialTyler
03-21-2010, 05:47 PM
Yeah, I was the one who did the big guide. But I quit when BigC made his guide for the achievement. But I got explorer while searching & adding bullets to my list.

Dead Soulja
03-21-2010, 08:29 PM
I ended up getting it after I left Black Station, up until that point I "thought" I hit everything but I missed the tape section of Outpost I jumped down a hole and I could not get back up.

But in any case I finally have my 1K

Good Luck all.

Fizzmatix
03-21-2010, 08:42 PM
You're definitely right on this one, also some odd events in the game also trigger the white flash. Viewing the injured soldiers in the prologue for instance will cause the screen to flash, taking the postcard from hunter as well.

I'm going to attempt to write them all down, I'm still in the middle of writing a couple of other guides so trying to balance them all out.

RenegadeSniper7
03-21-2010, 10:39 PM
In Exhibition there are two people talking, a trader and a buyer, they're near a wall, and when you listen to their conversation, the trader stops and asks you what you want and then tells you to leave. After he resumes talking it plays a weird noise and the screen flashes... don't know why.

Dead Soulja
03-21-2010, 11:09 PM
In Exhibition there are two people talking, a trader and a buyer, they're near a wall, and when you listen to their conversation, the trader stops and asks you what you want and then tells you to leave. After he resumes talking it plays a weird noise and the screen flashes... don't know why.

I wondered the same thing, I guess it's because your eavesdropping on them.

aCzarX
03-22-2010, 08:44 PM
Woot just got mine and it unlocked on the end of outpost , Thats the earliest ive heard of so far =) I took great care to loot every piece of ammo i could find and had about 10+ of those gray flash moments.

Stormlord
03-23-2010, 12:50 AM
I just got unlocked it at the end of black station. Explore every possible area in each of the levels, you will usually find a secret stash of ammo, or a dead body. I got around 12 of the gray screen flashes.. so i'm guessing it's just a matter of finding a number of secrets.. not all of them.