PDA

View Full Version : My Battlefield: Bad Company 2 Review...

Judivarious
03-21-2010, 07:16 PM
EDIT: Review taken down. People on these boards are too ignorant and unintelligent to even give professional criticism.

Rolyatkcinmai
03-22-2010, 04:06 AM
I didn't read past the history part since you got it all wrong and made one of the most storied franchises in video games sound like an amateur bunch of sloppy shooters. Battlefield 2 is one of the best multiplayer shooters of all time, give it its due if you're going to include a history of the franchise.

iCondemned
03-22-2010, 04:41 AM
What are you talking about kid?!

exo-apollo
03-22-2010, 06:20 AM
I misunderstand the part where you write that 1942 was only played online for a short period of time. I played a game a week ago in the same server that I was playing in for years back from 2002-2005 and alot of the same people are still in that server. Maybe ditch the history part, compress it into " Bad company 2 is the latest release in the long running Battlefield series."

sir_taugs
03-22-2010, 06:55 AM
Wrong thread omg lol.

Gnasher13
03-22-2010, 01:12 PM
Haha. This is to funny. I still play 1942 till this day, and Battlefield 2 is alive and well. Stopped reading at the history part. I hope your not trying out for the review team.

Gnasher13
03-22-2010, 01:42 PM
Yes, like it has always been. And then you use CC:S as example of longevity. You do know that CS:S came out after 1942 right? 2 years later in fact. And the reason its "bigger" is because its the most competitive shoot out there, Hell Korea thinks its a sport, and the only sport bigger then it in Korea is SC.

Gnasher13
03-22-2010, 01:49 PM
What about it? Its a good and successful game, that many people still play? What point are you trying to make?

Well I'm off to work. Didn't want to turn this in to an argument, I'm sure someone else will. Everyone has there own opinions and they are entitled to them. But please, when reviewing a game next time, keep you opinions of the franchise, and focus on the game at hand.

Judivarious
03-22-2010, 01:56 PM
What about it? Its a good and successful game, that many people still play? What point are you trying to make?

Well I'm off to work. Didn't want to turn this in to an argument, I'm sure someone else will. Everyone has there own opinions and they are entitled to them. But please, when reviewing a game next time, keep you opinions of the franchise, and focus on the game at hand.

uhh..Okay, these aren't my opinions, they're facts. I've clearly done my research, everything you said is an opinion.

Doesn't really matter, it's getting published in the local magazine I write for, and I'm still getting paid no matter what.

cool4joe
03-22-2010, 04:07 PM
I wasn't going to say anything, but someone is actually PAYING you to write that up and publish it? Fuck it, I am being a video game journalist if that kind of shitty writing and "research" is all it takes to write an article.

Gnasher13
03-22-2010, 05:34 PM
uhh..Okay, these aren't my opinions, they're facts. I've clearly done my research, everything you said is an opinion.

Doesn't really matter, it's getting published in the local magazine I write for, and I'm still getting paid no matter what.

Please just stop haha. "I for one didn’t care much for bf2142, nor bf2". Hey whats that? Oh its just an opinion. "Really, I honestly don’t see much of a graphical enhancement from Battlefield: Bad Company". Look another opinion! The particle effects in the sandstorms and blizzards were amazing, a huge improvement from the first and any REAL game reviewer should notice such little things as these.

"Finally, the entertainment of the single player has gone down. Everyone who’s played the first game knows all the jokes Haggard and Sweetwater cracked, during the most inappropriate times. This time around, Haggard seems to make a complete ass of himself, While Sweetwater is afraid of everything, even his own shadow. We’re lucky that Sarge and Preston still remain themselves. Did I fail to mention the cheesy characters added to the game that you are praying from the start would just die? Well…I won’t tell you about them, but rather leave you discover their ugliness for yourself."

Hey look, another opinion. The entertainment goes down because theirs less jokes? There were plenty of jokes you were obviously just to oblivious to notice. What cheesy characters? The hippy pilot? I did not want the hippy to die, and when it was time to save him, and when he didn't die i was extremely happy. Do you see what i'm getting at here? NOTHING you stated were facts apart from the mulitplayer section, but all it looks like you did was copy down the instruction manual.

And the fact your getting paid for this "well researched" review is funny but makes sense. Your getting published buy a local magazine who probably wants to attract a wider audience. Its the only place a review of this caliber would belong, being passed out and the grocery store for free.

You can keep making a fool of yourself, or you can just stop. I suggest the latter. Just because you took English in high school or play video games dose not mean your a video game journalist.

Good day.

Darf Spud
03-22-2010, 07:32 PM
This is why I love Americans. I have to put up with people like Gnasher13, who are just bent on boosting their ego.

Perhaps you should have taken English in high school, after saying this,

. Were you so lazy, you couldn't take 1 minute to look over your post and make sure everything was spelled correctly?

Battlefield: Bad Company and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 are running off the same graphical engine version, therefore same graphics, therefore, not an opinion, but a fact.

Pointing out the characters blandness isn't an opinion, it's clear you never played BFBC1. OH, and that's not an opinion, because I looked at your gamercard Ghost NBK and it states right there, "NOT PLAYED BY GHOST NBK".

So therefore, anything that relates to comparisons of the first and second game, you have no jurisdiction to pass judgment. How can you judge something you've never seen/tried? You're just like every other bigot in this country, you think everything you say is right, and everything anyone else says is wrong.

Oh, and I took the time to look up your veteran stats...Seems you have a BIG 0 tied to you....So that means you've NEVER PLAYED any other Battlefield game (except bf1943 which doesn't register as of right now). So therefore, everything you said previously, about playing bf1942 was a lie.

You lose. Game over. Get over yourself, kid.

Both of you stop bloody arguing!

You two have both taken up most of the thread bitching at each other.

Oh, good luck with the whole 'Games Journalist' thing, hear it's a very competitive business.

Gnasher13
03-22-2010, 07:35 PM
Haha. Lets see. Ghost NBK is my new account. Look at my old account, Gnasher 13 for BC1. My BF1942 and BF2 account is on another email, I could care less about Veteran status enough to change all the emails. YOU think the characters are bland, I DO NOT. That is what an opinion is. Then you insult my Nationality and a spelling error and tell me to get over myself? Haha. BC one used Frostbite Engine 1.0. BC2 used Frostbite 1.5, which enhanced particle effects among other things that improved the graphics over BC1, not by much but they are there and noticeable.

Do you not know what an opinion is? I think oranges are great. You may not. I enjoyed all the characters and dialogue in BC2. You seem to disagree. So how can you say the characters blandness is a fact when many other people, including myself disagree? Please elaborate if you wish.

I'm not posting to "boost" my ego. Your posting to defend faults in your review, which are trying to present OPINIONS as FACTS. If you were serious about your journalism, you would take critiques and strive to make yourself better. Instead your trying so hard to prove yourself right, your ignoring everything that is being said, and in the process making yourself look like an ass.

Oh noes I lost! The game dose not seem to be over! And I'm most likely older then you.

DeafSunchaser
03-22-2010, 07:39 PM
got bored and disagree

Gnasher13
03-22-2010, 07:57 PM
Both of you stop bloody arguing!

You two have both taken up most of the thread bitching at each other.

Oh, good luck with the whole 'Games Journalist' thing, hear it's a very competitive business.

Well it seems were pissing off the community, and that's the last thing I want. I'm done. Sorry to everyone else.

laundryman
03-22-2010, 09:01 PM
Umm....no. Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Source still beat Battlefield 2 out of the water easily....it's been years since Counter-Strike: Source came out and it's player base still has yet to shrink.

That doesn't diminish how popular it was, and it was one of the most popular PC games at the height of its popularity.

Also, to touch on the review, you only really mentioned the health system in the gameplay aspects. What about the A.I.? The gun play? The new Destruction system? Vehicles? There's lots of things you could expand on throughout.

I also don't know many people that thought of the story as "sophisticated" as you put it. I enjoyed it, but I wouldn't consider it sophisticated by any stretch of the imagination.

Barad
03-22-2010, 09:21 PM
Don't care about no review i love this game anyway but yhh good review! lol

R Rated Love
03-22-2010, 09:24 PM
This is why I love Americans. I have to put up with people like Gnasher13, who are just bent on boosting their ego.

And what do you think you're doing? Dumb shit like that doesn't make you any better.

And as for being on topic, the review is pretty rubbish, no matter what you actually think of the game.

Rolyatkcinmai
03-22-2010, 09:29 PM
Umm....no. Counter-Strike and Counter-Strike: Source still beat Battlefield 2 out of the water easily....it's been years since Counter-Strike: Source came out and it's player base still has yet to shrink.

Modern Warfare 2 PC will soon bypass Battlefield 2.

Battlefield 2 is dying fast. Mainly due to Bad Company 2 probably. Checked Gamespy and there are only 426 total servers.

Obviously Counter Strike Source will be number one forever, or until a new CS is released. However, that doesn't diminish Battlefield 2 being one of the best multiplayer shooters in history.

Modern Warfare 2 has done nothing but plummet on PC since it debuted. It debuted at number 1 in November, and has now dropped by the millions down below even Call of Duty 2. It will never rise again. MW2 is not a PC game. Its PC version is absolutely terrible.

That said however, guess what's right in the top few shooters along side CoD 4 and CSS? Battlefield 2! Crazy! It's almost as if I stated that in my original point!

Learn your facts before you come off as a bumbling fool. I gave you some constructive criticism based on your obviously tiny knowledge of shooter history. There was no need to attack back at a bunch of people in this thread, needlessly bring anti-Americanism into it (which came out of nowhere), or point out the guy's one typo, which was clearly not a spelling error.

You've made yourself out to be a real prick. Congratulations. I for one don't believe anyone would pay you for that tripe. If a local magazine is really paying you for that, that's a sad state of affairs for print publication.

ilessthan3u
03-25-2010, 02:33 PM
? I think oranges are great.
Same! but i prefer melon.