PDA

View Full Version : Engineer Rockets

Hitman H94
03-21-2010, 09:23 PM
wat the difference between them i unlocked the first two the only difference i can see is looks

Sniper Riflez
03-21-2010, 09:40 PM
The M2 has a bigger blast radius but the RPG does more damage versus vehicles.
The RPG has a faster projectile too, it travels slightly faster if locked on to a tracer dart.
The AT4 travels the slowest and has the lowest blast radius but does the most damage to vehicles.
The AT4 will travel the same speed as an RPG locked on if the AT4 is locked on.

Oh yeah and you can control the AT4 like you can with the stationary ATs, but the AT4 locks on without a tracer dart anyways.

xII Ben IIx
03-21-2010, 09:48 PM
How does the AT4 lock on?

Sniper Riflez
03-21-2010, 09:49 PM
Apparently it locks on like a Stinger from MW2 but I haven't tried it yet because I haven't unlocked it.

laundryman
03-21-2010, 09:54 PM
AT4 doesn't lock on. It's guided by the user.

Chuppernicus
03-21-2010, 09:56 PM
How does the AT4 lock on?

By sight, not really a "lock on". You guide it by sight, wherever you're looking is a red square, it heads towards the red square. I've hit tanks around corners before. Good fun.

xI C0uch P0tat0
03-21-2010, 10:03 PM
The M2 has a bigger blast radius but the RPG does more damage versus vehicles.
The RPG has a faster projectile too, it travels slightly faster if locked on to a tracer dart.
The AT4 travels the slowest and has the lowest blast radius but does the most damage to vehicles.
The AT4 will travel the same speed as an RPG locked on if the AT4 is locked on.

Oh yeah and you can control the AT4 like you can with the stationary ATs, but the AT4 locks on without a tracer dart anyways.

Only the M2 locks on to tracers.

Duds911
03-21-2010, 10:15 PM
Incorrect.

Tx_Mace
03-22-2010, 04:14 AM

Rpg locks on

DENAz666
03-22-2010, 04:58 AM

Nope, Rpg and M2 lock on. That other one is just like a Stationary AT... cept not stationary :P

XXPh3n0m3n4LXX
03-22-2010, 04:09 PM
When the RPG or Gustav is locked on, you see a little red square on the tank... When I shoot the rocket, I tried guiding it but it doesn't work. Can someone explain to me how it works?

guthmund
03-22-2010, 06:03 PM
By sight, not really a "lock on". You guide it by sight, wherever you're looking is a red square, it heads towards the red square. I've hit tanks around corners before. Good fun.

I didn't realize it could do that at first and hit my first one on accident.

Since then, I have had quite a bit of fun trying to tag tanks around corners.

Hitman H94
03-22-2010, 08:22 PM
When the RPG or Gustav is locked on, you see a little red square on the tank... When I shoot the rocket, I tried guiding it but it doesn't work. Can someone explain to me how it works?
tht red dot is just the tracer wait for like 2 seconds and the distance between u and the vechile will be sohwn underneath the red square thts how u know that the issile has locked on

Rolyatkcinmai
03-22-2010, 09:41 PM
tht red dot is just the tracer wait for like 2 seconds and the distance between u and the vechile will be sohwn underneath the red square thts how u know that the issile has locked on

The square also goes from blinking to solid. That's the more obvious way to tell. It takes two or three seconds.

I'm curious where everyone is getting their stats though. Is it just guessing based on experience? I've been trying to decide on the RPG or Carl for a while now. I prefer the tracer dart ones, but I don't know which is better for taking down choppers.

Daggra
03-23-2010, 01:07 AM
In my personal experience, the RPG does more damage to vehicles, but travels slower. The Carl Gustav does less damage to vehicles, but it has a bigger splash radius and is excellent for taking out infantry. The Carl Gustav also travels faster, but drops faster than the RPG, haha. For helis, I just use the RPG guided with a tracer because I think it makes better turns

SatNiteEduardo
03-23-2010, 01:18 AM
For choppers the AT4 is by far the best. With the others it is shoot and pray. With the AT4 if you get it slightly wrong you can correct the flight path. Also the other 2 need tracer dart guys and apart from me at the moment going for that pin I don't see many tracer dart guys around. I have also only got 1 tracer dart on a chopper lol

Rolyatkcinmai
03-23-2010, 02:14 AM
For choppers the AT4 is by far the best. With the others it is shoot and pray. With the AT4 if you get it slightly wrong you can correct the flight path. Also the other 2 need tracer dart guys and apart from me at the moment going for that pin I don't see many tracer dart guys around. I have also only got 1 tracer dart on a chopper lol

I have much better luck hitting the choppers with tracer darts and then shooting them down than I do trying to guide that crap rocket into it. I have a rough time trying to guide it around.

Duds911
03-23-2010, 02:46 AM
I have much better luck hitting the choppers with tracer darts and then shooting them down than I do trying to guide that crap rocket into it. I have a rough time trying to guide it around.
it's entirely about leading the target successfully. the further away, the bigger the lead obviously. my favorite map and probably the easiest the get kills on is the rush map valpariso or something, with the lighthouse. the blackhawk usually flies low and slow for some reason and easy to pick'em if you need practice.

SatNiteEduardo
03-23-2010, 03:21 AM

If you can shoot it with the dart surely you can shoot it with an RPG 7 or the other rocket then. Why hit it twice when once will get it down. Unless you want both a tracer dart planted + vehicle kill.

Rolyatkcinmai
03-23-2010, 03:44 AM
If you can shoot it with the dart surely you can shoot it with an RPG 7 or the other rocket then. Why hit it twice when once will get it down. Unless you want both a tracer dart planted + vehicle kill.

The tracer dart flies perfectly straight and reloads faster. It's also easier to aim and doesn't draw as much attention to you. I can get choppers with it pretty consistently, but pulling out my RPG-7 to hit one without a tracer is suicide.

killer297
03-24-2010, 10:01 AM
well the RPG has the ability to lock on to the tracer dart were as the M2 lancher can not lock on to it, but the final one is by far the best because it has the ability to by guided in flight