PDA

View Full Version : This game needs to be fixed. I wouldn't recommend playing it otherwise.

Stormlord
03-21-2010, 10:09 PM
This game was great, until the shitty checkpoint system totally fucked me over..

tread carefully.. especially if you're running strictly through for chievos.

just spent 6 hours on my 3rd playthrough, just to get to the last level, and then have miller get stuck in a wall.. since it saved a checkpoint right after, i had to start all over.

i made it all the way back to trolley combat, working on my enlightenment and explorer achievements, just to get have another shitty checkpoint make the game unplayable.

ahhhhhhhhh

JimmyNunChuck
03-21-2010, 10:23 PM
just load levels...if its only enlightenment then ok but if your working on level chieves just load the level...

WereTh3Massacre
03-22-2010, 04:27 AM
Is this a joke topic? Load a previous save. Wow. You...You started ALL over from chapter 1? LOL.

Wow, that's all I can say. My gasmask broke on that level towards the end, which is also where you start at the prologue. I simply loaded up the save at the start of that chapter, and I was back there in 2 minutes...

...Looks like your brain needs to be fixed.

Shawn Lesane
03-22-2010, 06:25 AM
This game was great, until the shitty checkpoint system totally fucked me over..

tread carefully.. especially if you're running strictly through for chievos.

just spent 6 hours on my 3rd playthrough, just to get to the last level, and then have miller get stuck in a wall.. since it saved a checkpoint right after, i had to start all over.

i made it all the way back to trolley combat, working on my enlightenment and explorer achievements, just to get have another shitty checkpoint make the game unplayable.

ahhhhhhhhh

In Germany we call people like you "depp" ... You played the game again from the start because of this "bug".... looool, nice one :woop:

GamesB2
03-22-2010, 10:46 AM
I got screwed over by the checkpoint system. reloaded the nearest chapter and found myself 5 minutes away...

I'ts not as broken as your making it out to be.

Flaminbaby
03-22-2010, 11:09 AM
im on my second play through now i see no problems with it

Mabye its just you.

jamie1000013
03-22-2010, 12:33 PM
3rd playthrough quite sad tbh

Stormlord
03-22-2010, 12:44 PM
Is this a joke topic? Load a previous save. Wow. You...You started ALL over from chapter 1? LOL.

Wow, that's all I can say. My gasmask broke on that level towards the end, which is also where you start at the prologue. I simply loaded up the save at the start of that chapter, and I was back there in 2 minutes...

...Looks like your brain needs to be fixed.

Maybe i should have waited to be non sleep deprived on writing this topic.. let me rephrase.

I have already completed every single achievement besides explorer, and enlightenment which require FULL playthroughs. You may think that i can just reload a chapter but you can't. If you reload a chapter it erases all saved data, and requires you to restart, especially if you were collecting bullets etc. So like i was trying to say, i was just about finished with the game working on my enlightenment/explorer achievement. That means i made my decisions necessary for the alternate ending which if you reload a chapter you will lose, and i had to explore every nook and cranny and loot every possible enemy in the game. Honestly, if i could have finished the game without the checkpoint system screwing me over, i wouldn't have posted this thread. It was simply something that i experienced that i wanted to share with everyone.

The main problem that i was having with the checkpoint system was that it saved at a point where the AI some how got stuck in a wall on the level tower right before the end of the game.. and if you have played that level you should know that you can't move more than 5 feet ahead or behind miller or else you will be killed.

The 2nd time around, i was extremely tired so i was kind of in auto-pilot mode going through trolley combat, i didn't realize that my trolley was 1 or 2 shots away from being destroyed, and another one of these inconvenient checkpoints saved, and every time i loaded i was destroyed seconds later.

Stormlord
03-22-2010, 12:51 PM
3rd playthrough quite sad tbh

Well 1st playthrough i was trying to get a feel for the game, so i didn't get all of the weapon achievements etc.

2nd playthrough i was going for enlightenment and explorer, as well as getting the rest of the bullets, and weapon achievements.. i'm sure you've read some of the guides on this game, and most people aren't really to sure how to get enlightenment or explorer, so niether unlocked. Finished all the weapon/bullet achievements.

3rd playthrough i would have had enlightenment and explorer if it wasn't for the checkpoint system.. reason for the thread.

Stormlord
03-22-2010, 12:52 PM
im on my second play through now i see no problems with it

Mabye its just you.

I didn't notice the checkpoint problem, until my 3rd playthrough.. everything was great up until the last chapter on my 3rd and 4th run.

IGzxManiiac
03-22-2010, 02:10 PM
Well a good start would for you to stop triple posting and edit your first post.
Btw you do realise that if you load a previous chapter it doesnt erase anything. At the start of every level and chapter it saves your stats so if you load a previous chapter you start it with all of your weapons and items and stats you had when you played through the first time, so you have not lost anything just load the start of the chapter. May I just add just because you have had problems does not mean there is a problem that needs to be fixed the world doesn't revolve around you. I have had no problems with this game and im on my 4th playthrough so there can't be that much of a problem with the game.

SpinelesS
03-22-2010, 03:26 PM
At the start of every level and chapter it saves your stats so if you load a previous chapter you start it with all of your weapons and items and stats you had when you played through the first time, so you have not lost anything just load the start of the chapter.

Dont you mean the last time? If it only saved the first time, then he would have to start from scratch. :)

The game saves every time you reach a new level (if you look on your harddrive etc you will see in saves that you have 1 for every level you have reached)

I experienced the bug he is refering to btw. If you rush the part where your running to the tower and dont kill all the nosties that are attacking you when you reach the small building one or more nosties can get stuck out of range, stopping miller from moving.

Stormlord
03-23-2010, 01:24 AM
Well a good start would for you to stop triple posting and edit your first post.
Btw you do realise that if you load a previous chapter it doesnt erase anything. At the start of every level and chapter it saves your stats so if you load a previous chapter you start it with all of your weapons and items and stats you had when you played through the first time, so you have not lost anything just load the start of the chapter. May I just add just because you have had problems does not mean there is a problem that needs to be fixed the world doesn't revolve around you. I have had no problems with this game and im on my 4th playthrough so there can't be that much of a problem with the game.

you my friend, are the master of the run-on sentence.

WereTh3Massacre
03-23-2010, 10:21 AM
you my friend, are the master of the run-on sentence.

This may be true, but what he said is correct; you can reload a previous chapter by going to "load". It is a 100% copy of your save progress as when you 1st started that level. It does not delete anything. Just trust us. You're being extremely paranoid, and you don't have any logical facts to support this paranoia. Just have faith in what we said; you can reload a previous save, right before where you got stuck. Trust the community, that's what we're here for!