PDA

View Full Version : Download Castlevania:SOTN Now!

razzleson
03-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Just because I have a habit of doing this for new arcade games, I figured I might as well yet again.

Name: Castlevania: Symphony of the Night (http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/c/castlevaniasotnxboxlivearcade/default.htm)
Price: 800 Points
Availability: Not available in South Korea
Dash Details: Single Player, HD (High Definition). Uncover all the mysteries of Dracula’s castle with the full version including achievements, leaderboards, and multiple endings. Have you uncovered the true secret behind Dracula’s power?

Official link. (http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/03/21/arcade-castlevania-symphony-of-the-night.aspx)

Also released were a picture pack and theme!

Name: Castlevania: SOTN - Picture Pack 1
Price: 100 Points
Dash Details: Become a creature of the night with 5 different gamer pics to choose from. Featuring artwork by Ayami Kojima exclusively created for Castlevania: Symphony of the Night, show your darker side to all your Xbox Live friends. Crack your whip and download it today!

Name: Castlevania: SOTN - Character Theme
Price: 150 Points
Dash Details: Prepare yourself for vampire hunting and upgrade your dashboard with the Castlevania: Symphony of the Night Character Theme. This is one of three exclusive desktop themes for Xbox 360 featuring artwork from renowned illustrator Ayami Kojima. Featuring four pieces of artwork inspired from the game, this pack taps your inner vampire hunter and prepares you for the battle against Dracula. Get your whip, fill up on holy water, and download this theme today!

Official link. (http://www.majornelson.com/archive/2007/03/21/picture-and-theme-castlevania-sotn.aspx)

Impressions? Not sure when I'll be able to get the game. Want to wait until my new box so I don't have to worry about the download arcade games on same HDD/console combo crap.

Zef
03-21-2007, 03:20 PM
It is pretty good, I had never played a Castlevania game but the demo alone convinced me to get the full version.

It can be annoying when you die and lose a poop load of progress, I didn't know anything about the save points the first time I played through so I had to start again =(

The achievements sound pretty good too, even though I only have two at the moment. Overall, a good game. Very little to complain about so far.

aPerfektFIaw
03-21-2007, 04:58 PM
::looks over at broken xbox::

Damn damn damn damn damn damn.... DAMN! :mad:

this is one of my favorite games ever

Kazdan
03-21-2007, 06:10 PM
Okay, I've never actually played any Castlevania-games, maybe tried some random Castlevania 2: Simon's Quest shit, but I'm seriously thinking about downloading this game. Everyone is praising it. Is it seriously THAT good? Is it worth of 800 Microsoft Points? How long it takes to complete the game anyway?

Demon Ninja
03-21-2007, 07:49 PM
Well worth 800 points. It's gona take a while to get all the achievements, mainly the explore 200.6% of the castle one, but they are all doable. Hopefully the're not glitched like the TMNT one last week.

messym
03-22-2007, 02:29 AM
awesome game when u consider its replay value. definitely one of the top 2-3 games on PS1. Probably the best live arcade game to date.

ThaMyth
03-22-2007, 02:58 AM
this game was worth every penny! I was at work all day but imma try to squeeze some playtime in tonight.