PDA

View Full Version : Too many CoD noobs?

xD12xSTicKNasTY
03-21-2010, 10:56 PM
I was just in a game were eveyone on my team had less than 500 points and I had over 2,000. We were defending on Valapriso and they were just running around dying. I mean it was almost funny how they were dying, just running out into the open shooting at the UAV or firing tracers at the tank, but never deciding to shoot rockets at it. It was pretty pathetic. I wish I could have seen some of their K/Ds. I think there are way too many CoD fans on here and they can't adapt to this game and need to go back to MW2.

xLUNCHTREYx
03-22-2010, 12:17 AM
I was just in a game were eveyone on my team had less than 500 points and I had over 2,000. We were defending on Valapriso and they were just running around dying. I mean it was almost funny how they were dying, just running out into the open shooting at the UAV or firing tracers at the tank, but never deciding to shoot rockets at it. It was pretty pathetic. I wish I could have seen some of their K/Ds. I think there are way too many CoD fans on here and they can't adapt to this game and need to go back to MW2.

K/D in BC2 does not determine ones skill.

Chuppernicus
03-22-2010, 12:36 AM
K/D means nothing. This is a team based objective game. Most of the time I don't even look at my kills or deaths.

But, yes many became bored with MW2 and have jumped ship, just take a look at their gamertag to see what the last 5 games they played were. Too bad too many are worried about their K/d ratio.

LmTz
03-22-2010, 01:01 AM
I liked MW2 as I like BC2. And I don't care about my K/D ratio. But I have seen a lot of people (especially recons) who don't help the team and are just worried with their K/D.

Dz06lt
03-22-2010, 01:05 AM
while i prefer MW2 to this ive been playing it exclusively for the trophies, i do have to agree ive been playing SDM and more than once im on a team where i have 18+ kills and the rest of my team cant even hit 10 seriously

xD12xSTicKNasTY
03-22-2010, 01:09 AM
I wasn't saying they weren't skilled based on their K/D, I was just saying that it seemed like they weren't even trying when they spawned, they were just running around like a chicken with it's head cut off doing random things. It was almost funny, other than the fact that they weren't helping the team because they were draining our tickets by doing retarded things.

xPacking Heat
03-22-2010, 01:28 AM
A lot of people don't take Battlefield games seriously, It's fun to just run around doing crazy shit.

Awnshegh
03-22-2010, 01:36 AM
You can always tell the difference between the guys that know how( or are at least trying) to play properly. Squad spawning at just the right time. Dropping loads of ammo and med packs. Spotting those pesky snipers. If my team isn't doing this I go and grab another squad or try a different lobby.

When those fools are on the other team then it's just a chance to scrore 4,000 plus in a game by letting it drag out or finishing them off in record time and then watch them all dissappear before the next match starts.

exo-apollo
03-22-2010, 05:52 AM
I spend my days giving covering fire while reviving as many downed team mates as possible. 80 points for a squad revive? Shit yes, throw in a few kills a couple of revives while medic packing your squad and your score skyrockets. But I know what you mean OP, you do see alot of people who seem to just run into the battle without properly covering their shit.

DENAz666
03-22-2010, 06:05 AM
As stated above, KD is nothing in a objective based game

tHE HaZE 001
03-22-2010, 06:46 AM
I see what you mean, COD players strictly worried about their KDR - and most of them are snipers. I could care less about winning or losing, or my KDR - I just enjoy getting pins and insignias and that usually means using guns you wouldn't normally use and you just do awful but it's so much fun.

sir_taugs
03-22-2010, 07:04 AM
I agree with you on this. Too many CoD peeps in Battlefield world. I do have to admit I play CoD a lot and this game. But I adapt to either game and how they are played. But when my squad isn't helping or just killing and nothing else (as in not defusing a crate when there really close to it, or even making an attempt). I'll either leave the squad and find a new one or i'll go off on my own and be squadless and help other people out. like if i see someone who needs healing and not in my squad. I'll run for my life and in cross fire just to help that person out. Or give cover fire so he can hide and heal. I work well with every class and do what there supposed to do. As in call of duty I go Rambo and run and gun. If people were to just take there head out there ass and calm down and help, and also look out for one another. I'll be happy. Also I have to point out. I love how there is no prone in this game. This little "must have" (which people always complain about) will make the game even worse if the little fan boys come around and camp the whole freakin time. But all in all this game is amazing. With or without CoD fan boys.

iBlessing 09
03-22-2010, 07:43 AM
Did you expect everybody to read this and say "yeah! we hate cod players, cod players go away!"?

LegendAtHeart
03-22-2010, 08:06 AM
I see what you mean but as it was mentioned earlier, there are some people who just see Battlefield as a chance to run like a nutter and do some hell crazy shizzle. They will soon go back to their respective games and then you can play with Battlefield players all day every day =]

TaytaMalikai
03-22-2010, 09:24 AM
I try to get my kills up while helping my team at the same time. If a tank comes, I'll help blow it up. If a teammate dies from a guy in front of me, I shoot the guy and then revive the teammate. A balance is possible, because for me getting repeatedly killed just isn't fun no matter how you put it.

KILLING5PR33
03-22-2010, 10:10 AM
A lot of people don't take Battlefield games seriously, It's fun to just run around doing crazy shit. no offense but who takes all games seriously. i mean ofcourse you want to win and get more kills then deaths but who takes any game that seriously.

I was just in a game were eveyone on my team had less than 500 points and I had over 2,000. We were defending on Valapriso and they were just running around dying. I mean it was almost funny how they were dying, just running out into the open shooting at the UAV or firing tracers at the tank, but never deciding to shoot rockets at it. It was pretty pathetic. I wish I could have seen some of their K/Ds. I think there are way too many CoD fans on here and they can't adapt to this game and need to go back to MW2. lol its so true . i was playing with the kid and i got stuck at the wall and ended up getting myself and him killed . then he started talking crap and i looked at his kills and he only had 12 kills to my 24 and to add to that he challenge me in cod mw2 lol . all i do is rush

GamesB2
03-22-2010, 11:26 AM
So many times this has happened to me.... im a medic with 2000+ points, 15+ kills and everyone else is barely breaking 800 or 10

CovertDog
03-22-2010, 11:26 AM
I had to laugh. Someone I played yesterday actually sent me (and I probably everyone else in the match) a message offering to do a free 10th prestige match in MW2.:p They are everywhere.

True I Skill
03-22-2010, 11:34 AM
I would Rather A bunch of COD players running arround distracting the Enemy, Instead of a bunch Of people who Care about There Kill death ratio, And dont do shit in the match but hide in a bush while the Bombs get planted and dont do anything in the match If there is slight risk of Dieing.

I think the Run and gunners from COD On this game are starting to learn and get better, Ive been in a few matches Where when we are the defenders we attack the attackers Steal there tanks and They cant get anywhere near our base.

v SnOwMaN v
03-22-2010, 11:54 AM
Everyone says they agree with to many CoD noobs on BFBC2. Well people also jump ship from other shooters and jump aboard the CoD ship.

So it's vice versa for all shooter games.

Flaminbaby
03-22-2010, 12:07 PM

Im gonna agree here it is bloody annoying, even worst when your team loses and you have the highest score at 1500

Logansrun
03-22-2010, 12:12 PM
I liked MW2 as I like BC2. And I don't care about my K/D ratio. But I have seen a lot of people (especially recons) who don't help the team and are just worried with their K/D.

I sympathize with you to a degree although please do not make the presumption all Recon class players play the same.
I have unlocked all my Recon class now so I only use it when the need be.
I Recon for my team ie:Take out the near threats to our teams objective or give support to who ever needs it from a strategical distance I also spot targets although I very rarely play nothing but Hardcore.So they do not show up :( although 9/10 if I see them they are dead anyway.
To the OP again I understand no one likes to be doing all the donkey work while the rest of your team sit back or do not have a jar of glue what to do.I would give them encouragement and advise were they are going wrong rather then just giving up on them and putting them down,
We all started out rusty so give everyone a chance,work as a team and you will help yourself by helping others.

LmTz
03-22-2010, 02:00 PM
I sympathize with you to a degree although please do not make the presumption all Recon class players play the same.
I have unlocked all my Recon class now so I only use it when the need be.
I Recon for my team ie:Take out the near threats to our teams objective or give support to who ever needs it from a strategical distance I also spot targets although I very rarely play nothing but Hardcore.So they do not show up :( although 9/10 if I see them they are dead anyway.
To the OP again I understand no one likes to be doing all the donkey work while the rest of your team sit back or do not have a jar of glue what to do.I would give them encouragement and advise were they are going wrong rather then just giving up on them and putting them down,
We all started out rusty so give everyone a chance,work as a team and you will help yourself by helping others.

I'm not saying that Recons are useless but the majority of K/D whores I've seen are them.

And I got angry today as Attackers with some teammates cause they weren't offensive. I advance when the defenses open a hole, and my squad stay back, dunno why.

David x360a
03-22-2010, 02:39 PM
It was almost funny, other than the fact that they weren't helping the team because they were draining our tickets by doing retarded things.

If you are still referring to the game on Valparaiso that you mentioned in the first post, don't worry: You have infinite tickets when defending ;)

Copyright
03-22-2010, 03:27 PM
I agree, and not just in the game, but on the forums too.
Just look at this place, no one uses the achievement trading thread, no one even looks at the achievement guide thread and continually makes repeat threads... I feel like I'm on the CoD forum with a bunch of 12 year olds.

But yeah, when you've got 5 guys within 10 feet of the crate your team is defending and it gets armed, there's a problem, but even worse, these kids stay where they are, trying to get kills rather than disarming the crate.
I've stopped playing the game for now due to this. I'll check it out again first week in April when MW2 has it's double XP run. Hopefully all the kiddies will have gone back to that.

Jagerboy
03-22-2010, 03:34 PM
I can't speak for others, but I myself am still getting used this game. I WAS a CoD player until MW2. I'm still somewhat in the mindset of "run and gun" as working as a team in CoD is nothing more than a nice thought, so my score is never very good. I'm still adjusting to the fact that some people will actually work together, and trying to be more of a team player.

I never was one to give too much of a shit about the almighty K/D, but the amount of pure bullshit deaths I experienced in my time with MW2 is astounding. In this game, I know if I die, I did something stupid or the other player was simply better than me.

As a couple people have already said, I think the crowd of CoD players will thin out once they get pissed enough that they can't magically fly 20 yards though the air, into a stream of bullets and still instantly kill someone. On the upside of this, it's quite hilarious to shoot someone in the face while they're completely exposed, kneeling down, because they jammed on the right thumbstick thinking they would knife me from 15 feet away.

Uncookable Pig
03-22-2010, 04:32 PM
i completely agree. so many people have came from cod and are playing it like it aswell. most of the time they either camp when attaking or just run around for kills and forget about bomb sites.

ShermanJames
03-22-2010, 04:47 PM
Team based game modes = fail.

This is the internet, not your friends basement. People don't care if you live or die, they care if THEY live or die.

Why do you think team deathmatch is the universally favored game mode in online shooters? You still have teammates, but your not responsible for them. It is the best of both worlds.

I havent played this game yet, will wait for the price to drop just like i did the first one. But comparing this game, to MW2 is just pointless.

So far after reading the first 2 pages of threads on this board, the only similarity i have seen is people bitching about how they died, or complaining that this game is superior because you can't knife someone from 10 feet away, yet you have to ARC your .50 cal bullet to snipe someone.

Either way, people are going to suck and people are going to be good. If you care that much about what your teammates are doing, maybe you should play with friends. Or play teamdeath match. I would assume this game has TDM unlike the first one, but i am honestly not sure!

Lord Montymort
03-22-2010, 07:49 PM
What annoys me is that when I play as a medic, I give someone some health and they run away from it and instead get killed, It's not too bad when defending, but when your attacking and your team can't be assed to heal, the game is over from the very start.

xD12xSTicKNasTY
03-22-2010, 08:09 PM
If you are still referring to the game on Valparaiso that you mentioned in the first post, don't worry: You have infinite tickets when defending ;)
Well, that one I was referring to the attacking games were my teammates grab the tank and drive straight up into their spawn, just sit there and get blown up, or the people who grab the chopper and try to get on top of the light house and blow themselves and the chopper up in the process. Among other dumb things. It just doesn't really benefit the team in the long run.

RickyMcG
03-22-2010, 11:22 PM
As a CoD player, I am jumping ship to BF:BC2 tomorrow. Apart from playing 1943, I have never actually immersed myself into the BF:BC multiplayer. I need a change from CoD. I just hope that I can adapt to this game, and play well with the squad/team I am with.

SatNiteEduardo
03-23-2010, 01:13 AM
My win loss ratio is 1.14 but my KD ratio is lower than that (too low to post lol although going up).

The thing that frustrates me is not that there are sometimes too many snipers or on some maps too many AT mine engineers but that when people respawn they do not adapt to what is lacking on the team or to the way the game is being played. One game the other team did not use tanks, they just came on foot and in numbers yet we still had fresh AT mines all over the place rather than an abundance of shooters...heck I don't even mine a rocket but AT mines?

Also I often hear people say not to play recon on attack. Sorry wrong. I often play recon on attack sometimes with other guns, sometimes sniping but always focussed on or around the objs. Problem is there are the 5 snipers on my team wasting space. Also the motion mines are very useful on attack but how many snipers throw them around the objs and for that matter how many recons defend the obj and use the motion mines.

I am no skilled player - I believe I know how to play the game just not with the skill level or reflexes to always play it out.

ilessthan3u
03-23-2010, 02:36 PM
I wasn't saying they weren't skilled based on their K/D, I was just saying that it seemed like they weren't even trying when they spawned, they were just running around like a chicken with it's head cut off doing random things. It was almost funny, other than the fact that they weren't helping the team because they were draining our tickets by doing retarded things.

i thought you where defending...

djpj
03-23-2010, 03:15 PM
Just came off a great team full of good people against n00bs...

It was so great. On the small maps we captured all the flags in no-time and then grabbed assault kits and threw some ammo boxes on the ground and threw hand grenades in their spawn the whole match till we won... I was ace player:p We won like 10 rounds back to back and then I stopped:uzi:

*see sig*

Pentexrx8
03-23-2010, 04:39 PM
I played the rush map yesterday that starts off with the defenders on the island and the attackers with 2 blackhawks on the other side of the lake. We lost one box the whole match, which took about 8 minutes, maybe. There were at any given time 8 snipers on the hill facing us, no medics and 4 engineer/assault guys on their team. It was awesome. They didn't understand the objective I guess. The lowest guy on my squad had 1200 combat points. One of my buddies didn't get off the mounted machine gun the entire match (he died thrice, but I revived him). On the flip side we took the island in under 4 minutes. As soon as that happened 10 of their players turned their backs and took off running/swimming toward the new base. They were summarily mowed down. We took the next two bases wtih little effort.

I love playing against ex-MW2 players lol

killer297
03-24-2010, 10:46 AM
K/D in BC2 does not determine ones skill.

i dont think that is entirely true i mean if you can last far longer and get more kills than deaths then there has to be at least some skill involved in that, but if you can pull off some serious good headshots, then that is the rest of your skill right there

Barad
03-24-2010, 12:17 PM
Meh they don't bother me too much but i do wish they fucked off.