PDA

View Full Version : Dead after midnight?

daninthemix
03-22-2010, 12:19 AM
I've noticed the games are dead after midnight. A second ago I was in a Rush game with 3 other people. Tried Conquest instead and was in a game with 5 on each team. I've seen this every time I try and play after midnight (am in the UK btw).

I thought this game was supposed to be popular??

xianizradx
03-22-2010, 12:21 AM
Ya it was like that for the first one, But since the game came out idk why its dead. sometimes I can find a full match others its like 2 on 3 its weird. Usually around 3am central time its dead but you figure people from Europe would be on it playing.

Sirboscos
03-22-2010, 12:31 AM
Very dead :(
Just turned my xbox off because it's NOT fun to play 1v3 on Arica Harbor or 1v1 on Valparaiso.
Oh well, need to sleep anyways :P

LmTz
03-22-2010, 01:07 AM
People need to take some rest after a tiresome day of big firefights and explosions, don't you think?

RadiantViper
03-22-2010, 01:52 AM
Yeah, it's kinda odd, it's exactly like the first game. Usually it picks up in the morning though.

DanDanMuffinMan
03-22-2010, 02:14 AM
yea one time i was online late at night and i ended up being the only person in the game for awhile so i managed to get some free points until 1 other person joined and i got him to boost with me lol

metallicorphan
03-22-2010, 03:09 AM
yup,been dead for me nearly everynight come 1am ish...played conquest with 3 on my side including me and 4 on the other

i guess we are on European servers unless playing with American Friends,try getting into one of their matches if poss

Ginjasy
03-22-2010, 08:11 AM
Best thing to do then is boost Et Tu Brute or that annoying destroy 4 M-Coms Pin.

Barad
03-22-2010, 10:24 AM
I never play after midnight so i dunno.

ShotgunGorilla
03-22-2010, 01:30 PM
wait, so now there are servers for each country so we will barely wil with americans?

Darc Jak
03-25-2010, 06:16 AM
I have noticed this too. At first I thought it was just because the game wasn't out in Europe and Asia, but the game is out over there now and it is still dead after midnight.

Spawnus
03-25-2010, 11:58 AM
I have noticed myself that during the day Bad Company 2 is always full near enough, but as soon as it starts getting to say 11pm the servers start going really dead or its full of rage quitters just cause they got killed maybe one or two times. I'm starting to think Bad Company was is more popular with us guys in Europe than it is with people in the States.

rudeboyMACKA
03-25-2010, 08:03 PM
ive also noticed this a lot lately, only 2/3 peeps in a game including myself, whether it be conquest or rush.

seems strange, as when it 1st came out i was playing it well past 3am uk time and it was always full games near enough.

Der Nacho
03-25-2010, 08:07 PM
Can't speak for US v Euro, but I did play a rush game on Port Valdez, me by myself versus 4 guys... I made the end hard for them. But the next game, it was me alone, attacking them. So I UAV'd it for the first bit, since they can't can't spawn kill. Then after 10 minutes of floating the UAV around, I noticed that I was very much alone in the room. So I took the oppotunity to destroy all 6 boxes myself. Near the end, someone joined the other team and was heli-ing about, but I still took the prize. This was the only two times I got the ACE pin and the Gold Squad pin. And this was after midnite Alaska time.

But then the next game they threw 7 guys onto the other team with me by myself. So they need to fix the team balancing issues big time.

Cypher_Cobra
03-26-2010, 05:09 AM
It's too bad they don't have a system where they merge games together later in the day to repopulate a smaller amount of players into a smaller number of games.

Probably would have helped too, if there was no squad rush or squad death match. Having only 2 playlists to choose from would focus the players a lot more. I haven't had much luck on conquest, so I would have taken the game as Rush only with 10 maps.

Poppygalaxy
03-26-2010, 09:14 AM
it's really enoing when later at the night you get into some games where there is about 3 vs 3.

I guess its because everybody has getting used to from MW2 that 2 shots is a kill and don't like Bad Company because here you actually need some skill to be successful

cornishpixie88
03-26-2010, 10:58 AM
Last night I joined a rush match, only me playing! Luckily I was on the attacking side so managed to blow them all up and get some very easy xp before anyone joined lol

But it does make it quite crap, particularly squad deathmatch which takes ages with fewer people.

zeds
03-26-2010, 12:51 PM
I've noticed the games are dead after midnight. A second ago I was in a Rush game with 3 other people. Tried Conquest instead and was in a game with 5 on each team. I've seen this every time I try and play after midnight (am in the UK btw).

I thought this game was supposed to be popular??

Hey up mate, Yeah it is strange how that happens been in a few games late in the night and its pretty much what you say! hopefully more people will come out the wood work and play lol

Mister Buds
03-26-2010, 02:44 PM
well, midnight in the UK makes it between 6-9am in the US where the majority of players probably are. i also have to assume that the typical work hours in the UK are 9-5. not many people with that schedule would play past midnight either. it makes sense that the population goes dead around then. i just wish the original bad company would - grrr.

EDIT: i really fucked that logic up, didn't i? haha.

pined5551
03-26-2010, 04:54 PM
I have never had a REALLY dead game. Most of the time its at least 8v8 for me. I can't imagine how sad it would be if this game lost its online community. I dont see how it could though. MAybe its a cnnection thing?

iBlessing 09
03-26-2010, 05:19 PM
Squad Rush is dead as well, it's a shame as that's my favorite game mode. Playing Squad Rush after midnight is a super killer and it is extremely lucky to get a game that's 2v2.

Poppygalaxy
03-26-2010, 06:41 PM
Im just praying that it wont be dead this week, Since i got a week holiday :D

MediumMelanin
03-27-2010, 12:08 AM
How can it be dead? Like around now?! No way, it's just not...it's pretty full...it's 20:00 est...