PDA

View Full Version : (Sherlock) Holmes

Tussell
03-22-2010, 12:32 AM
I wanted to see this movie since it was first announced. Downey is a great actor, as are the people in the rest of the film. It just looks like it's done perfectly!

However, I never got the chance to catch it while it was touring the major theaters. I was really upset to find out that the night I wanted to go, they took it out of the theaters.

Luckily, they're showing it at the cheap show, and I'll be seeing it tonight at 9:40 P.M. for a whopping $1.75!

Anywho, I was just curious as to what people thought of the movie... I'll be seeing it regardless, but was just curious as to what people thought.

crazy W01f 816
03-22-2010, 12:41 AM
I thought it was really good. Downey is perfect as Holmes, but Jude Law steals the show as Watson. To me the plot doesn't go anywhere until about halfway in, but the ending is worth it.

Hope you enjoy it!

Jud3n
03-22-2010, 03:45 PM
i watched avatar 3d and sherlock on same day, both for the first time. avatar at around 1 and sherlock around 7 and i vastly preferred sherlock to avatar

Tussell
03-22-2010, 04:18 PM
i watched avatar 3d and sherlock on same day, both for the first time. avatar at around 1 and sherlock around 7 and i vastly preferred sherlock to avatar
I'm very happy to hear that since it goes against the grain of almost everyone! :p

Iconoclast
03-22-2010, 04:56 PM
Great movie; saw it in theatres when it came out and downloaded it when the HD rip was released. Amazing story and cast, and it's got that kind of old school LXG/Van Helsing feel to it, but with modern effects to match. Well worth seeing! :)

DOOKH8R
03-22-2010, 05:05 PM
It was nothing like the game. I didn't see anything about Jack the Ripper. No dead hookers or nuthin'.

Oh, but Robert Downey Jr was ripped.

A ZombieTwinkie
03-22-2010, 05:32 PM
I've been wanting to check this movie out, as well. Though when I went, everyone I went with wanted to see another movie. Though I dont recall what it was.

But, from what a lot of people had told me, it was a really good movie. Though kind of slow about midway. Gonna have to wait till it drops on DVD for me to catch it.

Snowman
03-23-2010, 12:30 AM
It was a genuine action film IMO, hard to say that about a Sherlock movie but I said it!

elephantd
03-23-2010, 02:08 AM
meh. the acting was great, but i expected more for a Sherlock Holmes movie.

Steed
03-23-2010, 03:36 AM
Great movie, but if your going into the movie hoping to see a good recreation of Conan Doyles Sherlock Holmes you may be disappointed.

Creazil
03-23-2010, 05:06 PM
I thought it was really good. Downey is perfect as Holmes, but Jude Law steals the show as Watson. To me the plot doesn't go anywhere until about halfway in, but the ending is worth it.

Hope you enjoy it!

It's obvious that Jude Law steals the movie, he's bigger than Downing. Also, I like how they got Rachel McAdams into it, to bring in a female audience if you ask me.. more girls love McAdams more than boys.

Alice in Wonderland
03-23-2010, 11:56 PM
I tought it was pretty good, I'll buy it for sure ! The actors were awesome, the story was awesome and the fact they made an action movie from Sherlock Holmes was awesome too ! I really enjoyed it, was a 10/10 for me :)

Tussell
03-24-2010, 12:44 AM
I didn't end up seeing it on the day that I wanted to, but I saw it last night and I must say I thoroughly enjoyed every moment of it. I definitely recommend it to absolutely anyone, not just fans of action films or Sherlock Holmes.

R Rated Love
03-24-2010, 07:35 AM
I was left with one unanswered question with this movie (I personally don't feel it's a spoiler, as it's such an insignificant detail, and really has nothing to do with the story, but just in case, spoiler alert):

At the beginning of the movie, how did Lord Blackwood extinguish all the candles at the ritual? They explained how he did everything else, but this wasn't explained.

I suppose it could've been a conveniently uncanny gust of wind, though I'd hate for it to just be something that simple.

Other than that, it was enjoyable.

Tussell
03-24-2010, 04:18 PM
I was left with one unanswered question with this movie (I personally don't feel it's a spoiler, as it's such an insignificant detail, and really has nothing to do with the story, but just in case, spoiler alert):

At the beginning of the movie, how did Lord Blackwood extinguish all the candles at the ritual? They explained how he did everything else, but this wasn't explained.

I suppose it could've been a conveniently uncanny gust of wind, though I'd hate for it to just be something that simple.

Other than that, it was enjoyable.
That, along with the fact that he had to go through all the work to save the girl from the saw-blade, when he could have just unlocked her to begin with. At least that's what my friend said. Stuff like that doesn't really bother me though.

TheEighthSage
03-24-2010, 06:53 PM
You know what's eating at me...

Who played Professor Moriarty? Rumors say it was Brad Pitt...

If you haven't heard, there's going to be a sequel, maybe more.

http://moviesblog.mtv.com/2010/01/27/sherlock-holmes-sequel-fast-tracked-guy-ritchie-off-lobo/

According to Wikipedia, this has been answered as pre-production for the sequel has started as of Sunday :D

Off topic: 100th post! Yay :drunk:woop:

Sambuca Queen
03-24-2010, 07:39 PM
Meh, seen it cause I love Downey Jr and some of it was filmed in Manchester lolz. Ive seen better films, but seen much, much worse.

It's obvious that Jude Law steals the movie, he's bigger than Downing. Also, I like how they got Rachel McAdams into it, to bring in a female audience if you ask me.. more girls love McAdams more than boys

Downey Jr is Iron Man ... he pwns Law outta of the water. Law is a slut at the end of the day. And as for McAdams, dont know whom she is, pulling in female audiences ... nah, think it was a naked Robert that did that XD

rvlution
03-27-2010, 02:52 PM
Idk. I liked it but I didn't think it was worth watching a second time. And it hurts me, because I like Downey and Law both. I think a lot of it for me was trying to keep up with their accents and I got lost in the story occasionally.

Tussell
03-27-2010, 05:28 PM
Idk. I liked it but I didn't think it was worth watching a second time. And it hurts me, because I like Downey and Law both. I think a lot of it for me was trying to keep up with their accents and I got lost in the story occasionally.
I personally think it will be one of those movies I watch a million times, especially when I'm home sick. I thoroughly enjoyed almost every aspect of the film.

rvlution
03-27-2010, 07:07 PM
I'll probably end up watching it again to fully "get it" I guess.