PDA

View Full Version : What are some good N64 games?

Kirye
03-22-2010, 03:51 AM
I know it's a weird question. XD

Recently, i've been getting increasingly bored with new Gen games, and i've been wanting to replay some of the classics. So I went out to the swap meet, bought myself an N64 and 3 games to get started. I used to have one, but my parents had given it away a long time ago to other members of the family.

The 3 games I have so far are:
Perfect Dark
Mischief Makers
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I'm waiting in the mail for:
Ogre Battle 64
Donkey Kong 64
Diddy Kong Racing

I still had these games, but I lent them to my gf's brother:
Banjo Tooie (Have it on XBLA anyway)
Mystical Ninja

Any other games you guys can recommend? =O

Steed
03-22-2010, 03:54 AM
Jet Force Gemini. :)

A ZombieTwinkie
03-22-2010, 04:04 AM
Jet Force Gemini
Goldeneye 007
Conkers Bad Fur Day
Killer Instinct Gold
Super Mario 64

Those are the only ones I can think of off the top of my head, ATM. I've got a box of N64 games around here somewhere. Don't know where I put it since we moved, though.

iRetaliate
03-22-2010, 04:13 AM
Blast Corps
Super Smash Bros

Xylon Uxkid
03-22-2010, 04:13 AM
Super Mario 64
Pokemon Stadium
Golden Eye
Banjo Kazooie
F-Zero!!

And not so good games but I like them, Pokemon Puzzle League and Star Wars Episode I Racer.

EmporerDragon
03-22-2010, 04:20 AM
Pokemon Stadium 1 & 2 (Provided you also get a transfer pack and have 1 or more copies of the game boy games)
Super Smash Bros.
Body Harvest
Beetle Adventure Racing
Mario Party (any) (Personally, I like 3 the best)
Harvest Moon 64
Paper Mario
Kirby 64
Pokemon Puzzle League
Flying Dragon
BattleTanx & BattleTanx: Global Assault
Star Wars: Shadows of the Empire
Star Wars: Episode I Racer
F-Zero X

Spanky4G63
03-22-2010, 04:35 AM
Zelda-Majoras Mask
Wrestlemania 2000
WWF No Mercy
Quake 64
Super Smash Bros

Even if your not a wrestling fan No Mercy and 2000 are great titles if you and a couple of friends are looking to beat the snot out of each other with chairs and bats for a while.

Purple Figment
03-22-2010, 05:09 AM
I remember Beetle Adventure Racing & any of the San Francisco Rush series games being rather entertaining trying to find all the hidden shortcuts and whatnot.

dorkzilla123
03-22-2010, 06:19 AM
Cruisn USA and NFL blitz were my faves

TheEighthSage
03-22-2010, 06:31 AM
Let's see...

The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask
Super Mario 64
Beetle Adventure Racing (Oh, god...I hear it now "Beetle Battle" xD)
Destruction Derby 64(get a Memory Card though)
Paper Mario
Conker's Bad Fur Day(definitely! Graphics and online multiplayer aside, this is the superior version)

I think that covers it for now. If I think of more I'll add them^^

Kirye
03-22-2010, 08:51 AM
So far Paper Mario and Goldeneye got my attention.. I thought about Pokemon Stadium 1/2, but I have no idea where my old Red, Yellow or Gold are. And Conker's Bad Fur day is so expensive on Amazon/Ebay. >< Maybe I can find it in swap meet somewhere.

Tussell
03-22-2010, 09:03 AM
Even if there are repeats, I might as well post them just to reinforce the awesome-ness.

Jet Force Gemini
Shadowman
Mario Party
NFL Blitz 2001
Turok: Dinosaur Hunter
Super Mario 64
007: Goldeneye

Those are just off the top of my head. There are many others that are just as amazing. However, I may not have owned them. I owned all the games listed above.

syphax43
03-22-2010, 09:12 AM
Anygame with Mario in it

RuYi
03-22-2010, 12:23 PM
Resident Evil 2, Goldeneye 007, Super Mario 64.

Paka
03-22-2010, 12:33 PM
Another good one is Road Rash 64... of course you can't really compare it to current racing games, but it is a LOT of fun; also easy enough for about anybody to pick up and play (it was one of the only games I could ever get my family to play too).

bapae
03-22-2010, 05:29 PM
Mario kart 64, Goldeneye 64, and Super mario 64 all great games.

Infection Ftw
03-22-2010, 06:10 PM
Scroll a little down at the forums and you get here;) http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222

Iconoclast
03-22-2010, 08:14 PM
Okay, these ones are a given:
Goldeneye
Super Smash Bros.

Aside from those two, I think my favourite N64 game was (and, still is I suppose) Paper Mario! So much fun! :)

Everyday Superhero
03-22-2010, 09:28 PM
To be honest, all the games meantioned above are without a doubt brilliant. Only one I can add is Mario party (any really, they are all fun!), but even from reading this thread, i want to get my N64 out and play some of my retro games, especially now my xbox is broke.

BulletH0l3s
03-22-2010, 09:57 PM
I know it's a weird question. XD

Recently, i've been getting increasingly bored with new Gen games, and i've been wanting to replay some of the classics. So I went out to the swap meet, bought myself an N64 and 3 games to get started. I used to have one, but my parents had given it away a long time ago to other members of the family.

The 3 games I have so far are:
Perfect Dark
Mischief Makers
Zelda: Ocarina of Time

I'm waiting in the mail for:
Ogre Battle 64
Donkey Kong 64
Diddy Kong Racing

I still had these games, but I lent them to my gf's brother:
Banjo Tooie (Have it on XBLA anyway)
Mystical Ninja

Any other games you guys can recommend? =O

Pokemon Stadium 1 and 2
Golden Eye
F-zero X
Rainbow six was on there.

marKot1k
03-22-2010, 10:28 PM
Mario Golf - best multiplayer game EVER :-D

Snowboard Kids - if you can stomach the cheesiness of it all, this is another frikkin sweet 4 player game

Starfox64 / Lylat Wars

Pilotwings

Sin and Punishment

TETRISPHERE - OMG I just remembered how good this puzzler is - even better than tetris? Not quite, but its pretty damn close :-D

And some more of my favourites

1080* (the tricks were crap, but racing a matein splitscreen NEVER gets boring)
Jet Force Gemini
Mischief Makers
Killer Instinct Gold - not even close to the SNES version Killer Instinct, but good combo fun nonetheless.

Thats it - too much talking bout it - I'm off to dig out my 64 right now. I've got all the roms on my PC, but its just not the same.

Poida
03-22-2010, 11:23 PM
Goldeneye - Great single player game, or also get friends around to play multiplayer as well.

The World Is Not Enough is underated imo.

Zelda Majoras Mask is awesome.

Conkurs Bad Fur Day.

Thats just a few good games, theres also Turok, Doom, Duke Nukem.

Kirye
03-23-2010, 06:29 AM
Scroll a little down at the forums and you get here;) http://www.xbox360achievements.org/forum/forumdisplay.php?f=222

Shunned~ But I figured i'd get more responses here than on a sub forum based around a 1996 console.

I wish my games would come in already, I miss me some Ogre Battle greatness. I'm seriously considering getting Smash Bros and Paper Mario, but one wouldn't be as fun with just one controller, and the other one is too much online considering I could probably find it in a swap meet pretty cheap.

EmporerDragon
03-23-2010, 07:27 AM
Or if you have a Wii, Paper Mario is one of their Virtual Console titles.