PDA

View Full Version : Multi Player Blows

BegFourMercy
03-22-2010, 08:34 AM
I tried playing this game twice online. The people who are higher level have a huge advantage. No one talks online. Whatever happened to everyone starts with the same weapon and play based on skill.

Snipers are every where with better sniping guns than you have.

How can the medic class not even start out with a way to heal someone?

Getting 1 rank takes forever.

Bad. Bad Bad.

Beg

AceBD
03-22-2010, 08:40 AM
You've got to earn your perks and upgrades the same way us higher ranks had to. It's only fair. I didn't like it at first, but once you get used to the game it's pretty damn easy to unlock stuff....just play as that class.

Snipers don't really have better guns than you. I play hardcore, and the M24 that you start off with is a one hit kill. It's my 2nd favorite sniper behind the SVU, just because the SVU is silenced.

Ranking up does take a little time at first, but once you start popping pins and insignias (especially insignias) the ranks go by pretty quickly IMO.

It's a really fun game, but I suppose it's not for everybody.

KILLING5PR33
03-22-2010, 10:18 AM
I tried playing this game twice online. The people who are higher level have a huge advantage. No one talks online. Whatver happened to everyone starts with the same weapon and play based on skill.

Snipers are everywhere with better sniping guns that you have.

How can the medic calss not even start out with a way to heal someone?

Bad. Bad Bad.

Beg

i will give you this no one does talk which kind of sucks. but we all start off from scratch and have to earn our kits/perks and weapons.

Crooked Budha
03-22-2010, 10:38 AM
Veteran status gives you more then the Garand. You start with all the basic kit stuff. Also imo the first weapon you start off with in any kit is pretty good.

GamesB2
03-22-2010, 11:24 AM
They haven't got that much of an advantage imo, of course they have more of an advantage cause they've played and played and increased their rank. But if you are a veteran you get M1 garand which is amazingly useful, and i got the limited edition so i started out with health packs and defib already unlocked... go me

v SnOwMaN v
03-22-2010, 11:56 AM
I was a M24 man myself, but then I got the Magnum sniper and that changed. Only thing I really agree on is the fact about the med pack. That and the ammo perks should have been available from the get go.

Dr4gOnsFuRy
03-22-2010, 12:47 PM
I don't agree that the higher levels have an advantage, sure they have more weapons unlocked but I think most of the weapons in this game are balanced, so lower levels can do just as good as the higher levels. I am ranked in the 20's and throughout my online experience I have used the 1st unlock gun for the Assault kit, the 1st unlock gun for the Engineer kit, the default gun for the Medic kit and the 1st unlock gun for the Recon kit, I do just as good with those than anyone with any other gun. I must admit I didn't really like the online until I ranked a few levels, I played around with different kits in different situations until I found the right one for me.
I didn't mind not having the ability to heal myself or team mates at first, it was a challenge trying to get that unlocked and it really doesn't take that long either.

Ranking up does take a little time at first, but once you start popping pins and insignias (especially insignias) the ranks go by pretty quickly IMO.

I agree with what AceBD said, the pins and insignias help you rank up quicker, the longer you play it the more you will be unlocking each round. I shot up from rank 18 to 20 in a few rounds thanks to insignias, they give alot of points to rank up with.

Mahatma Andhi
03-22-2010, 01:23 PM
I have days where I come online, go to all my usual sniping spots on every map and there's someone within a few seconds popping my head off from a distance. Or walking around a corner and getting shot with that WWII pistol. At first I thought it was because I hadn't played for a while and everyone had ranked up leaving me behind. But that day, I just sucked.

I'm only rank 14 or something. Sometimes I can go toe-to-toe with the higher ranks, sometimes I can't. It's dependent on a bit of skill, luck and perserverence.

DugDigger
03-22-2010, 01:54 PM
I was hoping to open the thread and see....

"......MY MIND"

For a complete sentence of:

"Multiplayer blows........MY MIND"

InsaneKane87
03-22-2010, 04:01 PM
When I first started it wasnt easy either, only had a few weapons, others had better guns with attachments then I did. But you know there are also tanks to help you rank up fast :) Try those. I got up a few ranks in one day

iBlessing 09
03-22-2010, 04:47 PM
I tried playing this game twice online. The people who are higher level have a huge advantage. No one talks online. Whatver happened to everyone starts with the same weapon and play based on skill.

Snipers are everywhere with better sniping guns that you have.

How can the medic calss not even start out with a way to heal someone?

Bad. Bad Bad.

Beg

-2 For Grammar
This game is based on skill, I use the Medic class and I would keep a +1 K/D with it at the start.
This game is generally meant to be realistic, higher ranked people would be dealt the better, more expensive weapons.
They wouldn't let people that would die straight away have medic packs, it would be a waste.

djpj
03-22-2010, 05:30 PM
The first sniper is one of the best...

Ranking up doesn't take forever you should get from level 1-10 in no-time.

LAD360
03-22-2010, 05:51 PM

"......MY MIND"

:D If only.

Sounds like you are suffering from COD withdrawal symptoms, a common problem for people who have spent too long playing "teh best game evar". Take it slower, aim better, don't fire full auto, play for the objective and be a team player. Stick with one class while you learn the maps and you'll get your unlocks soon enough.

Oh and the M24 is a beast.

Mooney910
03-22-2010, 05:54 PM
I tried playing this game twice online. The people who are higher level have a huge advantage. No one talks online. Whatever happened to everyone starts with the same weapon and play based on skill.

Bad. Bad Bad.

Beg

I would say stick it out. Once you start leveling up and getting the hang of the game, it gets a lot more fun. I got slaughtered my first couple of matches. By match 3 I knew what to look out for, I was spotting people for snipers and shooting people down like a pro. It takes getting used to, especially after playing MW2 where most people are playing for their own K/D ratio. I talk to my squad members whenever I play, but I know a lot of people just stay in party chat to talk to their friends. Kinda ruins the whole squad based system.

guillermo316
03-22-2010, 06:17 PM
you need skillz, even if everyone was level 50 and you were level one, your skillz is what seperates you from the weak

Zombie Kipper
03-22-2010, 07:06 PM

Bad. Bad Bad.

Beg
You are right about the people in your squad not talking, it kinda makes you feel much more alone and vunerable. But get in a squad with chatty people and the game is transformed, play as a team and you will realise that rankings are of no importantance. (except for magnum ammo).
But the best thing to me is the dedicated servers, at last no lag, COD could learn from this.

vgfanatic1
03-22-2010, 07:11 PM

"......MY MIND"

If I made a thread with title it would definitely say that. But really. Yes, not too many people talk in this game, but in other games, do they usually have anything meaningful to say? I don't know about you guys, but a majority of the time I play, I'm playing and talking to friends, which this game actually allows you to do (*cough* MW2 *cough*). As far as guns go, a lot of the beginning weapons are pretty good. The M24 sniper is regarded as one of the best snipers in the game. And I don't know about you, but most people I talked to had no problem getting to rank 1. Maybe you just suck? If you do, thats fine. I'm not gonna make fun of you because your not good at a video game, but don't bother making pointless threads like this if you're just going to bitch. Play the game a bit longer than like the 10 mins you probably played, try ranking up a bit, and just give the game a chance. If you don't like it, thats fine. But honestly, whats a thread like this going to accomplish?

Poppygalaxy
03-22-2010, 07:15 PM
They don't got that much better guns the you.

They got the experience you lack.

Comet302
03-22-2010, 07:22 PM
where is a reply from the OP???... is he actually playing the game or did he give up before he got to level 1???.... :uzi:or has he got bigger guns now?:boom

Runic Aries
03-22-2010, 07:28 PM

Bad. Bad Bad.

Beg

I'm going to quote myself and what I said outloud when I read this:

BAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAH

sho91
03-22-2010, 07:30 PM
It's a great satisfaction to kill a rank 25, with me being a 5 rank, more you play more you earn....and as far as talking get a squad of friends together, actually last night we had 8 people in a party and joined a game all on the same team...nice

MulletiaMan
03-22-2010, 08:42 PM

I said the same thing, then stole a dead guys medic kit. 2K xp from using medkits and the defib, died maybe once. I had nearly unlocked the defib by that point =|

Chuppernicus
03-22-2010, 09:25 PM
I tried playing this game twice online. The people who are higher level have a huge advantage. No one talks online. Whatever happened to everyone starts with the same weapon and play based on skill. That's how it does work.

Snipers are every where with better sniping guns than you have. They still suck. Trust me.

Getting 1 rank takes forever. Yep, takes a guy that long to figure things out, this is a thinking man's game. Get over it.

Bad. Bad Bad.

Beg

Just like life son you have to earn your gear and battle experience. Don't like the game cool, go elsewhere. We don't need another thread on this topic. Why did you even create this thread? Sounds to me like you need a hug or attention.

R Rated Love
03-22-2010, 09:32 PM
Only thing I really agree on is the fact about the med pack. That and the ammo perks should have been available from the get go.

It takes barely any time to unlock them. I don't think there's anything wrong with the way it's set up right now.

II M1CK3H II
03-22-2010, 09:37 PM

Bad. Bad Bad.

Beg

I lol'd, considering I was rank 18 after 2 days it's really not that hard (fair enough i played it that much that I took a break from the game for 2 weeks, but even still).

Snipers having better SNIPING GUNS? Are you serious? Most higher rank still use the M24, the first sniper you get, as its got the best balance between power and accuracy.

Also, you say "what happened to everyone starting with the same weapon?", well here's a fun fact, everyone DOES start out with the same weapon, but a lot of people have ranked up and got different weapons. You maybe need to rewrite your questions.

Assault class: AK is easy kills, till the XM8 unlocks, which is widely used by higher ranks.

Medic class: Extremely easy to unlock the first aid box / defibs, and a decent gun.

Recon: As above, starts off with one of the best snipers in game.

Engineer: Erm... ez repair tool? Ok fair enough theres not much appeal to the start of this class, but later on it can be great fun.

I could go on and on, but eventually I'd have to ask the question... Are you sure you're playing the right game?

McGoogles
03-22-2010, 09:39 PM
What do you mean higher ranks have a huge advantage? Sure they have new weapons and different gadgets, but you still have a 50% chance of killing someone face to face. All you have to do is aim for the head for an easy kill. That's a great strategy for killing higher levels than you. ;)

All classes have different strengths and weaknesses. It's all fair in my humble opinion.

MFCH 37
03-22-2010, 11:53 PM
I love MW2's multiplayer, but BC2 is so much more of a balanced experience. Even if someone is 15 ranks higher than you, its still not a huge advantage (in my experience), and even still, as long as you actually play as a team you'll do well.

I do kind of miss ranking up 3 or 4 times in one match after prestige though :D

Rolyatkcinmai
03-23-2010, 12:09 AM
What an amusing and misinformed post.

Retards like the OP are what makes the world go round. :p

MakoBallistic
03-23-2010, 12:31 AM
this thread is pointless, you cant disregard an entire multiplayer as shit after playing 2 games, get some friends to buy the game, get in a squad and if your still not winning after that, simply get better.

Judivarious
03-23-2010, 12:42 AM
this thread is pointless, you cant disregard an entire multiplayer as shit after playing 2 games, get some friends to buy the game, get in a squad and if your still not winning after that, simply get better.

Man I which they had a point system on this forum, because you'd be getting a thumbs up....

I suck at multiplayer right now....at least until tomorrow when our internet gets upgraded from 768k to 6 mb. So that will stop all that lag.

BegFourMercy
03-23-2010, 01:11 AM
this thread is pointless, you cant disregard an entire multi-player as shit after playing 2 games, get some friends to buy the game, get in a squad and if your still not winning after that, simply get better.

I did not say two game. I said two time. About 2 hours each. I get hardly any exp. I arm and disarm the device and when the game ends I get like 250 points. Hello if that is the objective where is the exp? The higher ranks have scopes on the gun that are ranged.

If you say everyone is using the base gun bull. I see killed by M60 all the time. Or the stupid helicopter. Every time I go by the terminal it just shows static.

I wait for a guy turn the corner, shoot him with two bursts. Next thing I know he aims at me an kills me in a split second.

MW2 is way better. Oh I have over 100 on my friends list. Not a 1 is playing this game. What does that tell you?

I think it is funny saying that all the upgrades are meaningless. Yeah right. If that is so, do not equip any. Be a man. Oh wait you are a spawn camper.

And I do not have the free guns that you got when the game launched.

BegFourMercy
03-23-2010, 01:15 AM
What an amusing and misinformed post.

Retards like the OP are what makes the world go round. :p

Dude I jsut checked your gamer score on this game. You are the higest level because you are a booster. So you shut up and play it like you should. You are the retard.

Why would you ever get knife 5 friends? Plus all those achievs in 1 day. Ya right.

Rolyatkcinmai
03-23-2010, 02:07 AM
Dude I jsut checked your gamer score on this game. You are the higest level because you are a booster. So you shut up and play it like you should. You are the retard.

Why would you ever get knife 5 friends? Plus all those achievs in 1 day. Ya right.

I knifed 5 friends because it was an achievement rofl. And no, I never had the opportunity to boost this game, although I would have if I could. It was such a hassle trying to get on opposite teams though that I just ended up doing them all legit. The only annoying one was the 20 demo kills, which took me almost 3 weeks, not one day, if you look. All the other MP achievements (except get rank 10, 22) can easily be done in one game, nevermind one day. That said, I took a long ass time getting them all, so I don't even know what you're whining about.

Also, I am not "the highest level". In fact I'm lower level than most of the people in this thread.

If you have 100 friends and none of them are playing this you're either A; lying (this is the correct choice) or B; all your friends are CoD addicts that have never played anything else anyways. This game is insanely popular right now, has surpassed MW2 on PC by a long shot, and isn't far behind on 360 and PS3. Most of my list has been playing this and FFXIII for the last few weeks.

Get mad.

SatNiteEduardo
03-23-2010, 03:33 AM

I know this is not directed at me but I have 1000 in this game having boosted the 5 knife kills only...the rest legit. If you want proof check my stats and see I have played for 120 hours.

I started with the cr$p guns you mention. We all did....we got by until we started getting the perks. This is no different to MW2 where you all start with the same gear and get perks as you go.

I did not play MW2 online from day 1 due to no cheevos. I tried the other day when the EA servers were down. So there I was 1 bar against higher levels. Did that blow........faarkin oath it did. But in the few games I played I started to level up and improve a little.

If you expect to play BFBC2 like MW2 and gain XP think again. Vice Versa.

You only get 100xp for objs. You get 50xp for kills. If you struggle to start with then play smart. Shoot people when they can't see you. Try for multi kills with frags. Unlock the 1st perk eg health pack, ammo pack and use it a lot. Plant C4 near objs (but not near enough to do damage) and get kills that way.

If you are really struggling to get kills it may be lag so leave and find another game.

I am not the most skilled at BFBC2 but have stuck at it and now have all unlocks. It may be that the game does not suit your style.

If you have squad rush play that or even conquest. Conquest is slower more time to plan.

Also spot (sight an enemy and press back button). That way when they get killed you get a spotters fee lol (can't remember but maybe 30xp) whichi is not bad given someone else did the work.

sir_taugs
03-23-2010, 04:24 AM
I did not say two game. I said two time. About 2 hours each. I get hardly any exp. I arm and disarm the device and when the game ends I get like 250 points. Hello if that is the objective where is the exp? The higher ranks have scopes on the gun that are ranged.

If you say everyone is using the base gun bull. I see killed by M60 all the time. Or the stupid helicopter. Every time I go by the terminal it just shows static.

I wait for a guy turn the corner, shoot him with two bursts. Next thing I know he aims at me an kills me in a split second.

MW2 is way better. Oh I have over 100 on my friends list. Not a 1 is playing this game. What does that tell you?

I think it is funny saying that all the upgrades are meaningless. Yeah right. If that is so, do not equip any. Be a man. Oh wait you are a spawn camper.

Wow your such a baby. Play the game (the right way). Unlock the guns and gadgets. Get better. This isn't a run and gun game like your idol worshiping CoD. Its a team tactic game. And 250 points a game? Good god you must suck. And 2 burst. Dude this isn't Cod where the gun shoots every bullet straight. Oh and there is gravity. Bullets drop. And obviously all your "100" friends are CoD fan boys who can't play real tactic games worth shit. And isn't CoD exactly the same with the higher rank the better guns and stuff you get?? Oh and let me mention all the glitches and cheaters on CoD. Also, the guns are mostly balanced. I'm a lvl 30 and I still use the default guns. So stop your bitching, and sell Bad company. your what they call on Bad Company "Epic Fail"

P.S. Sorry for the venting but all your post started it. I was going to never say anything but you won't stop crying. Oh and here is a video for you.

YouTube- Tips & Tricks: How Not to be a Noob at Battlefield Bad Company 2

Later noob

SatNiteEduardo
03-23-2010, 04:31 AM
Holy cr$p. I thought my KD was $hit but 0.28 for the OP and that is with 10% of his score in vehicles.

sir_taugs
03-23-2010, 04:36 AM
Holy cr$p. I thought my KD was $hit but 0.28 for the OP and that is with 10% of his score in vehicles.

Haha yeah I just looked at his stats as well. 2% for squad score. Shows how much he plays as a team.

The Dark St0rm
03-23-2010, 04:57 AM
There is no dominant sniper in the game. You would think the M95 would be the best but I do not like it all. It is not very accurate and it takes a while to load the next bullet. My favorite is the GOL because of its accuracy and fair amount of damage, I usually just go for headshots though. The M24 is a good enough sniper to use until you get one that you like better. IMO it is the second best sniper in the game.

xLUNCHTREYx
03-23-2010, 05:17 AM

Bad. Bad Bad.

Beg

lol. What would be the point of ranking up if you didn't get better weapons? Kinda negates the whole purpose of unlocking them, huh?

SatNiteEduardo
03-23-2010, 05:42 AM
There is no dominant sniper in the game. You would think the M95 would be the best but I do not like it all. It is not very accurate and it takes a while to load the next bullet. My favorite is the GOL because of its accuracy and fair amount of damage, I usually just go for headshots though. The M24 is a good enough sniper to use until you get one that you like better. IMO it is the second best sniper in the game.

Lol I love the M95. I think I like the 6 foot barrel on it andj ust used it and got used to it. I noticed that with the GOL I had to allow for less bullet drop.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-23-2010, 05:55 AM
Ahhhhh here's the problem:

http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b145/DarkTyrant/lolz.jpg

LAD360
03-23-2010, 07:56 AM

Ha, I knew it. :woop:

I'd be interested in knowing how you have managed to get over 100 on your friends list though...

SatNiteEduardo
03-23-2010, 09:21 AM

I checked his gamercard too and his achievements look very legit to me. I played this game religiously from day one and the achievements do pop like that with a little effort.

There is a surefire way to show boosters as they will have a very high points per minute ratio.

MulletiaMan
03-23-2010, 10:24 AM
Honestly, I love the multiplayer. I play CoD often with my friends and sure, it's fun, but still =| Out of the seventy or so of my friends-list, 40 or so are still playing CoD, about three are playing Battlefield, and the rest are Final Fantasy, so its not surprising.

Only two of my CoD playing friends have Battlefield, and they are selling CoD now, so that should be clear enough to settle how much they like Battlefield instead.

Anji
03-23-2010, 10:47 AM
Wow your such a baby. Play the game (the right way). Unlock the guns and gadgets. Get better. This isn't a run and gun game like your idol worshiping CoD. Its a team tactic game. And 250 points a game? Good god you must suck. And 2 burst. Dude this isn't Cod where the gun shoots every bullet straight. Oh and there is gravity. Bullets drop. And obviously all your "100" friends are CoD fan boys who can't play real tactic games worth shit. And isn't CoD exactly the same with the higher rank the better guns and stuff you get?? Oh and let me mention all the glitches and cheaters on CoD. Also, the guns are mostly balanced. I'm a lvl 30 and I still use the default guns. So stop your bitching, and sell Bad company. your what they call on Bad Company "Epic Fail"

P.S. Sorry for the venting but all your post started it. I was going to never say anything but you won't stop crying. Oh and here is a video for you.

YouTube- Tips & Tricks: How Not to be a Noob at Battlefield Bad Company 2 (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0p4fkH9qC4M)

Later noob

That video was great.................. BFBC2 is about doing more than killing to be successful. The quicker you learn that, the easier the game becomes.

Dr4gOnsFuRy
03-23-2010, 04:54 PM

I have to disagree with you, I was a Call Of Duty fan, having played nearly all of them, I've also played other Battlefields so I know how they work. I was an above average player at MW2 making the difference in games, however MW2 is nothing compared to BFBC2, I love the fact that in this you HAVE to work as a team to win (which is how most online games should work), not like MW2 where one person wins the game for you that's awful and really not enjoyable. I enjoy everything about this game, I play all kits in different situations, I help out my team mates with medipacks, I revive downed team mates, I supply ammo, I almost always spot out enemies, I go for objectives, I defend objectives and I take out tanks. This is what teamwork is about and this is how you are suppose to play Battlefield. Ever since I bought this game, it has not left my disc tray and I can't wait for another game to come out so I can finally go trade in MW2 for it. The multiplayer experience in this is far better than MW2 which it lacked from the start.

BegFourMercy
03-23-2010, 05:35 PM
I have to disagree with you, I was a Call Of Duty fan, having played nearly all of them, I've also played other Battlefields so I know how they work. I was an above average player at MW2 making the difference in games, however MW2 is nothing compared to BFBC2, I love the fact that in this you HAVE to work as a team to win (which is how most online games should work), not like MW2 where one person wins the game for you that's awful and really not enjoyable. I enjoy everything about this game, I play all kits in different situations, I help out my team mates with medipacks, I revive downed team mates, I supply ammo, I almost always spot out enemies, I go for objectives, I defend objectives and I take out tanks. This is what teamwork is about and this is how you are suppose to play Battlefield. Ever since I bought this game, it has not left my disc tray and I can't wait for another game to come out so I can finally go trade in MW2 for it. The multiplayer experience in this is far better than MW2 which it lacked from the start.

How can you work as a team if no one is talking online? They ususally are in party chats.

Dr4gOnsFuRy
03-23-2010, 05:47 PM
I am one of those people that don't talk online but only because my mic is broke. However this doesnt stop me or my team mates I normally get put in a squad with from knowing what to do in the game, as long as you or your team mates spot out enemies or press the back button on the objective to let them know to attack or defend normally helps if there is lack of communication from mics. I play with my brother sometimes and he doesn't wear his headset because I don't have a mic and we play well like that even though there is no communication, we know what we are going to do and what we want from each other, I don't know if that's because we know each other well and aren't no random strangers. I do agree though, for a team game you do need communication and lots of it. I'm sure you can find a few people on here that are willing to get in a squad with you so you can communicate with and start enjoying this game because it truly is one of the best especially if you are on a side that work as a team that's when I tend to enjoy this game the most.

II M1CK3H II
03-23-2010, 05:56 PM
How can you work as a team if no one is talking online? They ususally are in party chats.

Get some friends. ;)

Stalkah
03-23-2010, 06:03 PM
At first i thouyght this away but since gaining must weapons i had notice the higher ranks weeapons are not the best. Well maybe except the pistol ;)

I have to agree as in the game they are too many of them. But some of them are idiots and are simple to kill.

All you have to do to get the midic pack is to get 1000 points. Which is easyily done in one game

For me it did aswell but later one you get alot of easy points with completting the challenges and what ever they are called.

CovertDog
03-23-2010, 07:19 PM
Fine you don't like the game. To each their own. No need of a thread about it.