PDA

View Full Version : Is this a straight port?

daninthemix
03-22-2010, 12:43 PM
Or a nice HD remake?

AshleyBazSivorn
03-24-2010, 11:13 AM
Or a nice HD remake?
it's not a straight port as there is a new episode so i assume there will be better graphics but nowt major

Explodius
04-03-2010, 09:18 AM
The option to stretch to 16:9 or 16:10 like in the pc ports would be nice.

Pedle Zelnip
05-26-2010, 07:26 AM
it's not a straight port as there is a new episode so i assume there will be better graphics but nowt major

I would be very surprised to see updated visuals, as A) it'd be A LOT of work to do, and B) would alienate the old school DOOMer crowd.

AshleyBazSivorn
05-26-2010, 07:33 AM
I would be very surprised to see updated visuals, as A) it'd be A LOT of work to do, and B) would alienate the old school DOOMer crowd.
There's only 1 visual change & that its the medipack cross has been changed to a red/white capsule due to offensive material LoL

Explodius
05-26-2010, 09:30 AM
Is it just me, or is the sound on the Double-Barrel shotgun different?

OneDeadCop112
05-26-2010, 09:59 AM
Or a nice HD remake?

To be honest, if they remade the game I would most likely spit on the developers.

mjc0961
05-26-2010, 11:09 AM
There's only 1 visual change & that its the medipack cross has been changed to a red/white capsule due to offensive material LoL I just noticed this myself... Someone mind telling me how + is offensive? I don't get it, and I think it's completely silly.

RadiantViper
05-26-2010, 12:45 PM
There's only 1 visual change & that its the medipack cross has been changed to a red/white capsule due to offensive material LoL

I thought they removed the red cross from games/other things because it's owned by the International Red Cross.

DeadMarinesSociety
05-26-2010, 01:19 PM
It all started with this:

http://www.nytimes.com/2007/08/09/business/09cross.html?_r=1

After that, game developers and publishers started avoiding the red cross, cause they feared lawsuits too, for the red cross is in fact copyrighted, not only in the united states but worldwide.

mjc0961
05-26-2010, 01:20 PM
I thought they removed the red cross from games/other things because it's owned by the International Red Cross. That doesn't make any sense, though... I was just playing the newly released Trauma Team (Wii), and they had a character wearing a badge with a red cross on it:
http://i40.tinypic.com/28hfxqr.jpg

So, either the Red Cross has no claim, or Atlus is going to get sued.

RadiantViper
05-26-2010, 01:23 PM
That doesn't make any sense, though... I was just playing the newly released Trauma Team (Wii), and they had a character wearing a badge with a red cross on it:

So, either the Red Cross has no claim, or Atlus is going to get sued.

I assume they could have licensed it or something (don't know much about legal matters). It's just easier to replace it. I definitely know other games have removed it though, for example Earthbound.

AshleyBazSivorn
05-26-2010, 01:25 PM
I thought they removed the red cross from games/other things because it's owned by the International Red Cross.
My mistake :p

mjc0961
05-26-2010, 01:27 PM
I assume they could have licensed it or something (don't know much about legal matters). It's just easier to replace it. I definitely know other games have removed it though, for example Earthbound. That's still incredibly stupid. It's just a + colored red. They shouldn't be able to obtain the rights to such a regularly used symbol.

Now if you'll excuse me, I'm off to secure the rights to orange colored o's, and then I'm going to sue id Software and Nerve for copyright infringement due to orange o's on their pause menu.

Evil Dobermann
05-26-2010, 08:19 PM
Is it just me, or is the sound on the Double-Barrel shotgun different?

Definetly! I noticed that, too. The midi-music is also kinda "updated". My fav track "Shawn's Got The Shotgun" (Level 7) sounds different, so do all midi music track I think ...

As well, they changed the bars in the second level. When you open the first door there are red bars (red key door) on the right with a shotgun guy behind and there should be white bars on the left with a shotgun guy behind. When I played the second level there were only the red ones ....