PDA

View Full Version : So there are no achievements for indivdual games ... just the darn room?!?

The Dauntless
03-22-2010, 03:16 PM
Im hearing rumours that when MS said that the game room supports achievements they literally mean THE ROOM, ie there are no achievements availabe for the indivdual games you buy. :eek:

If so this truly sucks. Will I also not be able to get achievements if i get the game for windows live either? :confused:

BOO-urns!! :mad:

BuddhaMD
03-22-2010, 05:18 PM
...but if they had individual 'chieves for each available game a lot of people wouldn't be able to go for all of them without having to buy games they might not particularly want (Family game night anyone...?). Microsoft would rightly be branded money-grabbing marketing whores!

I personally think they've done the right thing here by tying the 'chieves to the lobby system & not to al the individual games.

ApochWeiss
03-22-2010, 07:53 PM
I was hoping for NO achievements...But what are you gonna do. Some of them should be cheap, that you can get them with spending 240 MSP. Check the post I made that is sort of a quick achievement guide. Hoping I'm right on much of them.

heinstach
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM
You don't need to buy all games to get the 1000 points, as there will be 1000+ game room titles within the next 3 years. You need to buy some of course, but not all.

Agree that it's a big mistake not to include game individual achievements. As soon as the seamingly easy 1000 points have been achieved, many gamers won't care about future releases.

MILINKYO
03-22-2010, 11:10 PM
You don't need to buy all games to get the 1000 points, as there will be 1000+ game room titles within the next 3 years. You need to buy some of course, but not all.

Agree that it's a big mistake not to include game individual achievements. As soon as the seamingly easy 1000 points have been achieved, many gamers won't care about future releases.

Totally agree with you on this,I'm hoping I can get 1000g on this by only buying 3 or 4 games.

Hairy Cabbage
03-23-2010, 02:03 AM
i guess the individual games must have their own "medals" which will link in to the rooms achievements, imo, this seems like a good idea.

Rodni Demental
03-23-2010, 09:40 AM
Haha, but do you really think when that finally happens they won't add more achievements?

Hellhog
03-23-2010, 09:44 PM
I like the way they setup these achievements. Achievements for each game alone wouldn't be bad either. The worst thing they could have done though is group all games achievements into one title like they did on Family Game Night for the Hasbro games. I would have bought 1 or 2 of them but the way the achievements are, I decided against buying any of them.

I think the whole Virtual Arcade idea is cool and may have a nostalgia feeling toward the classic days. Of course, if I want an arcade, I'll go to the one at the bowling alley on the local navy base.

For now though, I like this method best. I'll wait to hear the official word on how the achievements work as a whole and see if I am interested. But the thought of only having to buy a few games is nice instead of a whole. Individual achievements like how they have on the Xbox LIVE Arcade would have been nice too but I think that just turns the Game Room into the Arcade but cheaper and original quality. The idea here is to seperate the Arcade and Game Room.

daninthemix
03-23-2010, 11:36 PM
Really? So you honestly thought you'd get like 1000 per game? You'd get people with 100,000 GS who've only played old games, it'd make a complete mockery of the gamerscore system (well, more of a mockery than DLC has made it already).

Grishnaar
03-24-2010, 08:00 AM
Yeah they've already stated that they didn't go with achievements for each game to avoid ridiculous gamerscore inflation. Honestly some of these games are so old and simple that you'd probably have a hard time finding enough stuff to justify 200 pts worth other than 1 achievement for the whole wad for beating the game or reaching a certain score.

-Grishnaar

heinstach
03-24-2010, 08:54 AM
Instead, they might have added e.g. 50 or 100 points for each game, in order to avoid a large inflation.

However, I don't think inflation would be a big issue, even if it was 200 gamerpoints per game, since many of the old retro titles are really hard to complete for most gamers.

Never Final
03-24-2010, 09:04 AM
Im just kinda pissed I cant freely play with friends. Theres alot of games I see being on this I want but my friends wont. I want to be able to play together without them having to pay ANYTHING. That is the only bad thing I see about Game Room so far.