PDA

View Full Version : Howdy!

Typeonegativ71
03-22-2010, 05:34 PM
Greetings All.

I've been visiting the site over the last few months, found it useful and interesting so I finally decided to register last week.

Until recently I was rather addicted to WoW but discovered it much more fun to get acheivements I can actually show someone else. Also I work at Microsoft (MSN Games) where there is a lot of informal competition with achievements (I'm down the hall from Major Nelson, Trixie, Treit and True) so I've been ramping up the points gathering lately (just hit 10k last weekend). And yes I am addicted to parenthesis almost as much as games...

I consider myself an old school gamer that is driven to "finish" a game by seeing all the content/doing all the unlocks although I often play several different games at once and switch back and forth. This started with finding the easter egg in Adventure when I was 6, continued with the Infocom/Ultima/Bard's Tale/AD&D games through high school, and followed with Metal Gear Solid 1&2/Planescape/CoD/MoH/Icewind Dale through business school in Arizona, and countless Adventure/Survial Horror/RPG/Casual games throughout my career in Japan, Alaska, and now Seattle. Consoles I have played include the Atari 2600, NES, SNES, Turbo Grafix, PS, PS2 (Japanese), Xbox, 360 as well as PC gaming.

I'm looking forward to running into all of you online and contributing to the site with my gaming experience.

Currently playing: Wolfenstein MP, Resident Evil 5, MW2 Spec Ops, Rock Band 2, Fable 2 (stupid Dollcatcher achievement)
Completed 360 Games: Borderlands, BioShock, Lego Indiana Jones, 1 vs 100, Doom, Jewel Quest
All Time Favorites that I still play over and over: Fatal Frame, The Suffering, Return to Castle Wolfenstein, Doom/Final Doom, as well as Popolocrois and Puyo Puyo (Japanese games)
Explanation of name: 1) The name of my blood elf mage (thought blood elf/blood type connection to be fitting) 2) I like the band 3) I donate blood regularly but A positive didn't have the same ring to it.

Exhausted Dad
03-22-2010, 06:06 PM
Welcome to the site, I think you will find it very helpful and there is a great community as well. Always nice to see another dedicated old fellow like myself.

Cilisien
03-22-2010, 08:49 PM
Welcome from a fellow newbie :D