PDA

View Full Version : Update on Dr Pepper Promotion (DLC not out yet but still)

Natetendo83
03-22-2010, 05:53 PM
Updated 4/8: Ok there seems to be some confusion here and there as to what this promotion really is so I figured I would update this main page to give some specific details on the Dr Pepper DLC. As more questions come up I will try and update this to keep as much relevant info as possible.

What it is:
- A promotion with Dr. Pepper wherein by buying Dr. Pepper soda you can get codes from the bottles to use to unlock the DLC.
- The DLC is a pack of new skins for the last weapons unlocks in each class (M16, UMP, MG3, M95) as well as new skins for your player models.
- The new skins are cosmetic ONLY and have no known impact on performance.
- The DLC will come with 4 new achievements and 12 awards/insignias. What they are we don't know yet.

More details from the officla page on how it works:
- Purchase a participating bottle of Dr Pepper.
- Find an exclusive redemption code under the bottle cap.
- Go to: http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea to redeem the code and select from a wide range of game enhancements for Battlefield Heroes(TM), Battlefield: Bad Company(TM) 2, Mass Effect(TM) 2, Spore(TM) and The Sims(TM) 3 and others to be announced throughout the year. (Please note that as of now you CANNOT redeem codes for BC2)

What it is NOT:
- It is not part of the VIP codes program that DICE/EA put out with new copies of the game. The VIP codes give you access to maps and other content down the road and since this promotion is with Dr Pepper your VIP codes don't have any impact on this DLC. You either get codes from Dr Pepper or I am pretty certain you can buy the DLC with MS Points.
- It is not a map pack of any kind.
- It does not add any new guns to the game. New gun skins yes, but they are skins to guns already in the game. So if you are looking for new weapons, maybe in the future :)

Rumored Release Date: April 15th (Source: e-mail responses from Dr. Pepper telling people to check back to the site after April 15th)

Misc. Details:
- What if I live outside of the US? Technically this is a US only promotion, however some people are giving out codes for free. I'm sure there are threads on this forum so feel free to search for them :)

http://twitter.com/OfficialBfbc2

"The delay in kit upgrades DLC for Battlefield Bad Company 2 also affects the Dr Pepper promotion in North America. The kits are coming soon."

Also on the Dashboard there is an advertisement for the Dr Pepper promotion and Bad Company 2 is featured. So perhaps the DLC could be dropping anytime now?

Update:

Here is the Dr Pepper Twitter, they have updates now and then as well: http://twitter.com/DrPepper

Most recent update from Dr Pepper:

So sorry for the delay, we are working hard with EA to get our DLC up for BBC2. Will tweet an availability update asap.

xI aFt3rMaTH Ix
03-22-2010, 06:42 PM
They need to just go ahead and release it on March 30th to add to the "Gamemode Pack".

Poppygalaxy
03-22-2010, 07:05 PM
I want it now! Just want to know what the achievements are

InsaneKane87
03-22-2010, 07:29 PM
Something tells me they are gonna come either few days before the 30th when the maps come or april 1st.

Chuppernicus
03-22-2010, 08:26 PM
Something tells me they are gonna come either few days before the 30th when the maps come or april 1st.
There has been no official word on the release date. Your friend us guessing or worse making stuff up. As Ive said all along, when the achievements are updated online by xbox the DLC will come shortly after. Let's hope it's soon.

The Dark St0rm
03-22-2010, 08:38 PM
I really want to know how the camo of the wepons will be different then what is already on the guns, and I really want to know what the achievements are. I hope they are not as hard as the 20 demo kills.

R Rated Love
03-22-2010, 09:14 PM
There has been no official word on the release date. Your friend us guessing or worse making stuff up. As Ive said all along, when the achievements are updated online by xbox the DLC will come shortly after. Let's hope it's soon.

He said "something", not "someone". He was guessing. Nobody was making stuff up.

Barad
03-22-2010, 09:18 PM

Exactly same man!! :p

Natetendo83
03-22-2010, 09:44 PM
I really want to know how the camo of the wepons will be different then what is already on the guns, and I really want to know what the achievements are. I hope they are not as hard as the 20 demo kills.
I wouldn't mind challenging ones like the 20 demo kills, for me it adds replay value. Although I can understand the annoyance it could bring. If they were anything like the knife 5 friends one (only really obnoxious one for me but one day a friend and I got on opposite teams and just hashed it out)

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-22-2010, 09:56 PM
Can we get promo code's in uk? im a vip so i could get the dlc free right?

killerc0P
03-22-2010, 09:58 PM
Can we get promo code's in uk? im a vip so i could get the dlc free right?

Yeah you can sign up on the dr pepper website using a BS address in the US I done it earlier to test it works.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-22-2010, 10:15 PM
Sweet ill do that then

PeteRoyale
03-22-2010, 10:49 PM
----------

metallicorphan
03-22-2010, 11:10 PM
Yeah you can sign up on the dr pepper website using a BS address in the US I done it earlier to test it works.

yeah but if you do have access to 4 codes(it is 4 right?)...you can only use 1 per account so you would have to make up 4 BS Dr Pepper Accounts..and that's a lot of pissing about for this

i say EA lets us have it if we have the VIP code...who's with me????,LOL:woop:

daninthemix
03-23-2010, 12:15 AM

Why would they do that when EA would sell your grandma for a buck?

InsaneKane87
03-23-2010, 12:54 AM

I wasnt making nothing up what are you talking about ? I said something tells me...

SatNiteEduardo
03-23-2010, 01:00 AM
I wouldn't mind challenging ones like the 20 demo kills, for me it adds replay value. Although I can understand the annoyance it could bring. If they were anything like the knife 5 friends one (only really obnoxious one for me but one day a friend and I got on opposite teams and just hashed it out)

I would be happy if the achievements are as easy as the 20 demo kills lol. 35 demo kills and counting. The last 15 have come without even trying for them.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-23-2010, 01:48 AM
Thank you for contacting the DR PEPPER EA GAMING EVERY BOTTLE/CUP WINS
PROMOTION help center.

Battlefield Bad Company 2 enhancements are coming to the website in April
so please come back then.

Natetendo83
03-23-2010, 02:34 AM
PROMOTION help center.

well that sucks

Judivarious
03-23-2010, 03:35 AM
I would be happy if the achievements are as easy as the 20 demo kills lol. 35 demo kills and counting. The last 15 have come without even trying for them.

Agreed. After I got the achievement, I kept getting them, even when I wasn't trying.

Like when I threw a grenade at an enemy in Nelson Bay, and accidently blew down a house on top of 4 guys :D

Even funnier when I saw a guy collapse a house on 6 enemies, but instead of counting his kills as "Destruction 2.0", his kills counted as "Death". LOL, he was pissed.

Rolyatkcinmai
03-23-2010, 04:02 AM
yeah but if you do have access to 4 codes(it is 4 right?)...you can only use 1 per account so you would have to make up 4 BS Dr Pepper Accounts..and that's a lot of pissing about for this

I don't know why people keep saying this. I've used four codes on one account so far, and can easily use another four once the BC2 DLC is out. I have all the ME2 stuff, and some of the Battlefield Heroes stuff. As long as you have enough codes, you can use them all on one Dr Pepper account.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-23-2010, 06:27 AM
I don't know why people keep saying this. I've used four codes on one account so far, and can easily use another four once the BC2 DLC is out. I have all the ME2 stuff, and some of the Battlefield Heroes stuff. As long as you have enough codes, you can use them all on one Dr Pepper account. Ya I have 4 codes in reserve on my account and used 3 others on it already. I'm guessing these people are trying to reuse or use multiple freebie codes that DR. Pepper released, which are in fact 1 per account.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-23-2010, 07:44 AM
So i just sign up to dr pepper with a random account?

metallicorphan
03-23-2010, 02:02 PM
may as well forget about it all for the time being if it isn't happening until April now

PeteRoyale
03-23-2010, 06:29 PM
----------

big red marino
03-23-2010, 10:53 PM

My guess would be to unlock every weapon from every class...including the new one...maybe get a bronze star on each. Hopefull they are worth like 50 or 75 each.

A Pharmacist
03-25-2010, 02:54 AM
Still no official word on this? Jeez DICE, you are such a tease :(

DENAz666
03-25-2010, 07:29 AM
I don't know why people keep saying this. I've used four codes on one account so far, and can easily use another four once the BC2 DLC is out. I have all the ME2 stuff, and some of the Battlefield Heroes stuff. As long as you have enough codes, you can use them all on one Dr Pepper account.

Yeah doesn't work for me. One code per account, no matter what i do.

Any update yet?? I want my DLC already!

InsaneKane87
03-25-2010, 11:06 AM
This is really stupid, they arnt even fixing what needs to be fixed. Now we can see that all servers are online woopy fricking doo. Instead of doing that they need to be fixing their soldier site or getting us our DLC.

Natetendo83
03-25-2010, 04:52 PM
This is really stupid, they arnt even fixing what needs to be fixed. Now we can see that all servers are online woopy fricking doo. Instead of doing that they need to be fixing their soldier site or getting us our DLC.

Exactly. I can tell if the servers are down when I get the "Unable to Connect to EA Online" message when all my other stuff works fine. They need to learn to prioritize

xXGLxDASOLIDER
03-25-2010, 07:47 PM
Hey does anyone know if you need to be a VIP for this I bought this and while I was slepping my brother used my code for his seprete account on his hard drive and if anyone knows where I can get a free code just send me a private PM thanks.

InsaneKane87
03-25-2010, 08:16 PM
Hey does anyone know if you need to be a VIP for this I bought this and while I was slepping my brother used my code for his seprete account on his hard drive and if anyone knows where I can get a free code just send me a private PM thanks.

Cant get free codes that I know of, comes with a new game. Someone got fired at my gamestop cuz they were gonna sneak a bunch of the VIP codes n sell em. Shame shame.

Chuppernicus
03-25-2010, 10:37 PM

Your "brother" used it?Make him buy the VIP for you then or the maps if that's the case. No you shouldn't need to be a VIP, its a Dr. Pepper promotion. I would guess, not assume, that they would want as many gamers to buy their soda pop as possible. Good stuff actually.

InsaneKane87
03-25-2010, 10:42 PM
Your "brother" used it?Make him buy the VIP for you then or the maps if that's the case. No you shouldn't need to be a VIP, its a Dr. Pepper promotion. I would guess, not assume, that they would want as many gamers to buy their soda pop as possible. Good stuff actually.

Pepsi is better ;) :uzi:Dr. Pepper

Juneaux
03-25-2010, 11:31 PM
I am going to PAXeast tomorrow and the guy that does the blog is going to be there. I'll ask him for an update. Also, my friend got a copy of this used and wants to buy the VIP access, but there is nowhere in the store to do it...

Chuppernicus
03-26-2010, 12:14 AM
Pepsi is better ;) :uzi:Dr. Pepper
Pepsi? To each their own. I like Coke better than Pepsi but only with a little captain in it. Maybe it's the captain that makes it good? My main vise is the Dew. But the wife wants me to cut back so I don't die early. I'm still thinking about it.

Can't buy VIP? That makes sense. You can still buy the maps and such.

Daggra
03-26-2010, 12:54 AM
Sprite FTW, in my opinion, haha. But yeah, I just dislike the fact that there are achievements tied to the Dr. Pepper promotion. Oh how capitalism and corporations work these days...making us drink soda to get achievements. Imagine: "Achievement Unlocked: Thanks for drinking our pop!"

DENAz666
03-26-2010, 02:20 AM
Man i want the DLC already! :P

veece16
03-26-2010, 02:29 AM
Sprite FTW, in my opinion, haha. But yeah, I just dislike the fact that there are achievements tied to the Dr. Pepper promotion. Oh how capitalism and corporations work these days...making us drink soda to get achievements. Imagine: "Achievement Unlocked: Thanks for drinking our pop!"

Companies have always had some product out that are linked to games, whether it be the Dr. Pepper promotion, or the Halo 3 drink when it came out.

xtkbilly
03-26-2010, 03:35 AM
PROMOTION help center.

Wait, so they say their coming out with the DLC on the 18th, tell everyone their delaying the DLC the DAY IT COMES OUT, and put it off for a whole month? Srsly?

DENAz666
03-26-2010, 05:12 AM
Wait, so they say their coming out with the DLC on the 18th, tell everyone their delaying the DLC the DAY IT COMES OUT, and put it off for a whole month? Srsly?

Not sure about you, but i read that differently.

Battlefield coming to the WEBSITE in april, so to me that says they'll be updating the website then. As far as i know the DLC was only delayed till the end of March.

Do agree though, was very annoying to find out about the delay the day of release... after it had already been delayed multiple times already

RadiantViper
03-26-2010, 07:27 AM

Brings back memories of Return to Ostagar ... seriously, nothing is more annoying then delaying something the day it's supposed to come out, because there is no way they didn't know that earlier.

Barad
03-26-2010, 12:24 PM
Is this still coming out the 30th right?

metallicorphan
03-26-2010, 12:41 PM
Is this still coming out the 30th right?

no that's the date for the new modes for different maps

this Dr.Pepper promo has not got an official date,but someone above said they rang them up and they got told its to be sometime in April

Natetendo83
03-26-2010, 01:30 PM
Brings back memories of Return to Ostagar ... seriously, nothing is more annoying then delaying something the day it's supposed to come out, because there is no way they didn't know that earlier. At least with Return to Ostagar we got a new release date. At this point it's all guessing

dae giovanni
03-26-2010, 01:43 PM
i don't know that it means a whole bunch to you, but i got this email from Dr. Pepper himself:

March 25, 2010
Dear Mr. Giovanni:

Thank you for contacting us about the Dr Pepper EA Games

Final approvals are forthcoming within the next week or so, at which time you will be able to enter your code/codes. If your code is no longer viable, we would be happy to provide you with a new one to use when we the DLC launches. Check back shortly, or if you prefer, we can send you an email to let you know when we are back online.

Thank you again for sharing your views with us. We hope you continue to purchase and enjoy Dr Pepper Regular products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations

PrinceofDeath86
03-26-2010, 05:51 PM
At least with Return to Ostagar we got a new release date. At this point it's all guessing Thats because Bio-Ware is on top of their game when it comes to DLC.

Natetendo83
03-26-2010, 06:37 PM
i don't know that it means a whole bunch to you, but i got this email from Dr. Pepper himself:

March 25, 2010
Dear Mr. Giovanni:

Thank you for contacting us about the Dr Pepper EA Games

Final approvals are forthcoming within the next week or so, at which time you will be able to enter your code/codes. If your code is no longer viable, we would be happy to provide you with a new one to use when we the DLC launches. Check back shortly, or if you prefer, we can send you an email to let you know when we are back online.

Thank you again for sharing your views with us. We hope you continue to purchase and enjoy Dr Pepper Regular products.

Sincerely,

Consumer Relations

Honestly, probably the best response so far

RadiantViper
03-26-2010, 07:13 PM
At least with Return to Ostagar we got a new release date. At this point it's all guessing

You're thinking of the first time they delayed it (Dec 2009 to Jan ~15th, IIRC). Second time was day of release, no new date was given since they'd given two bad dates. I remember the day it dropped with no announcement.

Barad
03-26-2010, 10:39 PM
no that's the date for the new modes for different maps

this Dr.Pepper promo has not got an official date,but someone above said they rang them up and they got told its to be sometime in April

Ohrite cool.

dae giovanni
03-26-2010, 11:15 PM
Honestly, probably the best response so far

does this mean i win something, then? :woop:

Hot Juicy Pie
03-27-2010, 01:33 AM
Honestly, probably the best response so far QFT, automated responses piss me off. I wrote back telling them there PR department was atrocious and that I demanded to speak to a human being

Zarkykins
03-27-2010, 04:02 PM
I am going to PAXeast tomorrow and the guy that does the blog is going to be there. I'll ask him for an update. Also, my friend got a copy of this used and wants to buy the VIP access, but there is nowhere in the store to do it...
I was in the Game Marketplace and saw "Bad Company 2 VIP" for 1200.
In the details it warns you to check if you have a VIP code in your box, so I guess you can buy that now for $15?
Sorry if this has been discussed, I haven't been on the forums since I got 1000 really...But I'm still waiting on this fucking DLC.

Chuppernicus
03-27-2010, 07:36 PM
I was in the Game Marketplace and saw "Bad Company 2 VIP" for 1200.
In the details it warns you to check if you have a VIP code in your box, so I guess you can buy that now for $15?
Sorry if this has been discussed, I haven't been on the forums since I got 1000 really...But I'm still waiting on this fucking DLC.

Nope, this is "new". Sorta. Had a friend claim he couldn't find and or didnt have the VIP code in his new copy of Bad Company so he bought his VIP code. This was on the 26th of March. I think he lost it but you never know.

Copyright
03-28-2010, 04:27 PM
Cant get free codes that I know of, comes with a new game. Someone got fired at my gamestop cuz they were gonna sneak a bunch of the VIP codes n sell em. Shame shame.
I call BS. The codes come inside the SEALED game case. The only way to steal them would be to open all the new games.

It's funny how some people just want to be part of the story...

On topic: I hope Dr. Pepper has realized that EA is not a company you want to do business with. They screw things up and their promoters take the blame.

Hot Juicy Pie
03-28-2010, 04:38 PM
I call BS. The codes come inside the SEALED game case. The only way to steal them would be to open all the new games.

It's funny how some people just want to be part of the story...

On topic: I hope Dr. Pepper has realized that EA is not a company you want to do business with. They screw things up and their promoters take the blame. As a person who has worked for Gamestop, they open new copies of the game, gut out the manuals, disks, codes, and seal them in a bag behind the counter before using the cases as a display model on the shelf. Which as wrongful as it is, they still sell the games they've opened at new price. Even worse, those opened copies are the "rental" copies, that employees are allowed to take home so they can become more familiar with the product for customer information. Never accept a opened copy of a game from them if you're paying new price.

It's entirely realistic that someone could steal the codes from the store.

iBlessing 09
03-28-2010, 08:32 PM
Sigh, When will these come out.

DENAz666
03-29-2010, 03:11 AM
30th of March... apparently, not getting my hopes up though

iBlessing 09
03-29-2010, 06:33 AM
Is it coming out tomorrow?

Phetty
03-29-2010, 06:52 AM
Maybe... Maybe not. Nobody really knows when the Kit upgrades come out, but the new map pack is out tomorrow.

DENAz666
03-29-2010, 06:57 AM
Yeah not confirmed, that is just what they are saying. I would assume the kit upgrades would come with the map pack, but who knows when it comes to EA

Natetendo83
03-30-2010, 12:57 AM
At this point I hope they come with the map pack just because that's tomorrow, although I wouldn't be shocked it the Dr. Pepper DLC comes out later this week or next week at this point.

DENAz666
03-30-2010, 04:29 AM
Any updates? i've not heard a thing :(

Pyrrhonist
03-30-2010, 06:02 AM
I'd sure like to know, as well. I've had extra codes "stashed" on my Dr. Pepper profile for ages, just waiting to be cashed in.

DENAz666
03-30-2010, 06:25 AM
I just want to know, i hate being kept in the dark. If they can't do it, then fair enough, just say so!

Chuppernicus
03-30-2010, 11:24 AM
Maps were downloaded already? When I woke I went to get the maps downloaded for tonight and they were checked off as being already downloaded? I was able to choose the new maps in Quick Match. Crazy. Maybe my wife, who was up earlier, downloaded them and was playing.

No title update, no update to the achievement list on xbox, no DR Pepper DLC and no release date for the Dr. Pepper DLC in the store.

Juneaux
03-30-2010, 12:10 PM
Because they were already on the disc.

Natetendo83
03-30-2010, 01:13 PM
yup the map pack (if you can call it that) is out but the Dr. Pepper/achievements are still nowhere to be seen

operation remie
03-31-2010, 12:34 AM
just turned my 360 on and the dashboard has an ad for the dr pepper/bad company 2 stuff. so it must be coming soon. i never saw this ad before. doesn't give a date or anything but does focus a lot on bad company 2

xXDOSERXx
03-31-2010, 12:47 AM
just turned my 360 on and the dashboard has an ad for the dr pepper/bad company 2 stuff. so it must be coming soon. i never saw this ad before. doesn't give a date or anything but does focus a lot on bad company 2

Yeah, just saw that, I thought maybe they decided to come out with it now since the MW2 map pack came out, but no :(

Pyrrhonist
03-31-2010, 12:51 AM

That does at least sound positive, since the last time they had the Dr.Pepper ads up on the XBL Marketplace it was Mass Effect 2.

Natetendo83
03-31-2010, 01:07 AM
just turned my 360 on and the dashboard has an ad for the dr pepper/bad company 2 stuff. so it must be coming soon. i never saw this ad before. doesn't give a date or anything but does focus a lot on bad company 2 Yea I saw that too. But to be fair, I saw that same ad at least a week ago (probably more like two at this point). But who knows

operation remie
03-31-2010, 02:15 AM
Yea I saw that too. But to be fair, I saw that same ad at least a week ago (probably more like two at this point). But who knows

just kind of a coincidence that the new maps come out and then they add that to the dashboard.

InsaneKane87
03-31-2010, 03:01 AM
just kind of a coincidence that the new maps come out and then they add that to the dashboard.

ahh you guys noticed it as well eh ? I dont know whats going on if they already have a date for it to come they could atleast tell us cuz the longer they dont the more their fans are disappointed or pissed!

The promotion was on the dashboard a few other times even like 3 weeks before the 18th when it was suppose to come out. But i havent seen it in a week hopefully now that its back up means its coming soon.

Natetendo83
03-31-2010, 05:18 PM
Well the dashboard ad seems to come and go and so far nothing on the Dr. Pepper website (still just lists the other games with the promotion, no BC2 yet)

Natetendo83
03-31-2010, 09:51 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dr-Pepper-EA-Promo-Code-Cap-Battlefield-Bad-Company-2_W0QQitemZ330419222786QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defau ltDomain_0?hash=item4cee853902

haha wow people are trying to sell Dr Pepper promo codes on ebay...nice

InsaneKane87
03-31-2010, 10:08 PM
http://cgi.ebay.com/Dr-Pepper-EA-Promo-Code-Cap-Battlefield-Bad-Company-2_W0QQitemZ330419222786QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_Defau ltDomain_0?hash=item4cee853902

haha wow people are trying to sell Dr Pepper promo codes on ebay...nice

A 20oz is cheaper then that, if anyone buys that off ebay they are obviously stupid.

Mad Sativa
03-31-2010, 10:31 PM
A 20oz is cheaper then that, if anyone buys that off ebay they are obviously stupid.

or they could be in a part of the world that doesn't have the Dr. You can't get Mt Dew in England. Not a business major eh?

InsaneKane87
03-31-2010, 10:43 PM
or they could be in a part of the world that doesn't have the Dr. You can't get Mt Dew in England. Not a business major eh?

Well seeing as i dont live in another country how would i know if they get dr pepper ?

Natetendo83
03-31-2010, 11:14 PM
Only advantage would be it being cheaper than the actual DLC. Although i was under the impression that the codes were region specific? Could be wrong tho

MediumMelanin
04-01-2010, 04:35 AM
1250GS? Or less? Hmm? O_o'!

Anyway, I hope they come our soon, new skins! Woop!

Natetendo83
04-01-2010, 02:16 PM
Did some digging around this morning and found people saying this on the EA Forums:

So, I log in to DP's website, Go to "Learn More/Prizes" Click "Code History" And I get:

"We're sorry, Dr Pepper Game Flavor has ended. Please visit DrPepper.com and register to receive news and updates on more great promotions from Dr Pepper." Could be April Fool's but I honestly don't know.

Edit: Link for anyone who wants it: http://forum.ea.com/eaforum/posts/list/474343.page

Natetendo83
04-01-2010, 02:37 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=957916&topic=54176967

Another thread going at the GameFAQS forums. Most interesting thing I saw was this:

This is from the bottom of the promo page:

"NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Please see code under the cap or inside packages of specially marked Dr Pepper products. Enter Codes/Get Rules/Free Code Info on DrPepper.com. Subject to full Official Rules. Void where prohibited. Ends 12/31/10. Request Free Codes by 12/31/10. Redeem by 1/31/2011."

I'm guessing the message about it being over is either transitional from ME2 to BC2 or it's an april fools joke.

Part of me wonders if there will be a title update when Squad Rush drops for everyone else (I think tomorrow) and perhaps they are waiting for the title update to update the game to be compatible with the new skins, that way they don't have to drop more than one title update (which I'm pretty sure costs money as you do more title updates with XBL).

InsaneKane87
04-01-2010, 03:17 PM
http://www.gamefaqs.com/boards/genmessage.php?board=957916&topic=54176967

Another thread going at the GameFAQS forums. Most interesting thing I saw was this:

Part of me wonders if there will be a title update when Squad Rush drops for everyone else (I think tomorrow) and perhaps they are waiting for the title update to update the game to be compatible with the new skins, that way they don't have to drop more than one title update (which I'm pretty sure costs money as you do more title updates with XBL).

Well it is the day where people love pulling pranks and stupid jokes. Its funny how they happened to post that "today" Making us wait this long and then pulling a stupid joke doesnt make it any better. :uzi:

Roxy
04-01-2010, 04:39 PM
I logged in to check if anything had changed and received the "We're sorry, this promotion has ended" message as well. Hopefully it's just a tasteless joke or they offer us the DLC for free soon. Meh.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-01-2010, 04:55 PM
It says it's down for maintenance when i try to go to code history

Natetendo83
04-01-2010, 05:01 PM
perhaps they are getting ready to drop the BC2 DLC *crosses fingers*

Hot Juicy Pie
04-01-2010, 05:04 PM
It has to be an april fools joke, here in the official rules are the dates the promotion is running.

Start Date
8:00:00 AM Pacific Time (PT) January 4, 2010

End Date
8:00:00 AM PT December 31, 2010

Promotion Period
Start Date through End Date

Free Code Request Deadline
December 31, 2010

Code Redemption Deadline
8:00:00 AM PT January 31, 2011

I also bitched them out via customer support =P

LoD WheeZzy
04-01-2010, 05:12 PM
They change the website now and I can't even find a info about EA games content instead there is a bunch of new prizes on the website, like cell phones, console, laptops, tv etc.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-01-2010, 05:13 PM
They change the website now and I can't even find a info about EA games content instead there is a bunch of new prizes on the website, like cell phones, console, laptops, tv etc. http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/prizes/

LoD WheeZzy
04-01-2010, 05:15 PM
Ok thanks :)

Juneaux
04-01-2010, 06:24 PM
It looks like they may have dropped BFBC2??? It's not listed anymore and Battlefield Heroes is now instead. That would be lame.

http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/prizes/bfh/

2010 DR PEPPER EA GAMES
EVERY BOTTLE/CUP WINS PROMOTION
Look under the cap of specially marked 20 oz., 16 oz. and 14 oz. bottles or 32 oz. fountain cups of Dr PepperŪ, Dr Pepper Cherry, Diet Dr Pepper and Diet Dr Pepper Cherry for the game code and redeem for great prizes from some of the best video games in the industry - Games like Spore, Sims 3, Mass Effect 2, Medal of Honor, Skate 3, and many more.

Drink a Dr Pepper because the more codes you enter the more amazing content you will receive.

For more information about available prizes, please choose one of the following game titles:

Battlefield Heroes

Mass Effect 2

The Sims 3

Spore

CyDen
04-01-2010, 06:56 PM
It has looked like that since the promo began. They have had some artwork at times showing BC2 but it has never been mentioned on the prize page at all and is not mentioned in the FAQ about getting the content.

The assumption has been that the page and FAQ/Rules will be updated once the DLC drops.

FlyBoy120586
04-01-2010, 11:33 PM
It looks like they may have dropped BFBC2??? It's not listed anymore and Battlefield Heroes is now instead. That would be lame.

http://www.drpepper.com/promotions/ea/prizes/bfh/

Battlefield Heroes has been there the whole time and BFBC2 has never been listed, only shown in graphics.

I've claimed around 4 prizes for Heroes and I still have 9 prizes waiting to be claimed...I really wish they would put Bad Company stuff up already

Hot Juicy Pie
04-01-2010, 11:34 PM
PROMOTION help center.

We apologize for the delay in the Battlefield Bad Company 2 content.
Please come back to the website after April 15th.Ugh.... Not again

TwiztidThorn
04-01-2010, 11:52 PM
Ugh.... Not again
That does suck :(

bigbubba
04-02-2010, 12:29 AM
so where is this dlc at? and achievements?

InsaneKane87
04-02-2010, 12:53 AM
Seriously how hard is it for them to have this ready ? Someone told me its cuz their servers arnt strong enough for the DLC to download. Umm what was the upgraded hardware for obviously nothing cuz I still have problems with their server. The Dr Pepper promotion isnt even on the dashboard again I have not a clue whats going on.

d00gler
04-02-2010, 01:23 AM
Battlefield Heroes has been there the whole time and BFBC2 has never been listed, only shown in graphics.

I've claimed around 4 prizes for Heroes and I still have 9 prizes waiting to be claimed...I really wish they would put Bad Company stuff up already

Drink less soda! It will rot your teeth.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-02-2010, 01:29 AM
Drink less soda! It will rot your teeth. Blasphemy! Be gone heathen!

Natetendo83
04-02-2010, 02:37 AM
wow looks like we're waiting til April 15th? Welp unless EA or Dr Pepper drop the achievements on us I imagine we will be finding out then what the achievements actually are.

Natetendo83
04-02-2010, 02:40 AM
Another message someone received from Dr Pepper:

"We are aware and certainly understand your frustrations and we apologize for any inconvenience that you may have experienced thus far. Our Promotions Department is currently working on the resolving the issue. Unfortunately, we currently do not have an exact solid date for the Battlefield Bad Company 2 DLC to be available on our website. Final approvals are forthcoming within the next week or so, at which time you will be able to enter your codes."

Natetendo83
04-02-2010, 02:42 AM
also from Dr Pepper's Twitter:

So sorry for the delay, we are working hard with EA to get our DLC up for BBC2. Will tweet an availability update asap.http://twitter.com/DrPepper

Also added this link and post to the original post on this thread so hopefully more people will catch it :)

dae giovanni
04-02-2010, 02:56 AM
wow looks like we're waiting til April 15th?

nope, we're waiting till AT LEAST April 15. if the message says 'come back after April 15... well, technically speaking, *December* is after April 15!

(you know, i initially meant this as a snarky, joking comment, but.....)

Hot Juicy Pie
04-02-2010, 03:06 AM
nope, we're waiting till AT LEAST April 15. if the message says 'come back after April 15... well, technically speaking, *December* is after April 15!

(you know, i initially meant this as a snarky, joking comment, but.....) Off with his head!

PrinceofDeath86
04-02-2010, 03:58 AM
Off with his head! You cant knock Alice in Wonderland, eventhoe that is probly the best line in the movie lol.

Chuppernicus
04-02-2010, 03:29 PM
Let's hope it hits around April 15th, the promotion only lasts until 12-31-2010! Just keep your codes and wait until the achievements are updated on xbox. Once that's updated then we can start redeeming codes again.

Soda wont rot your teeth if your brush them, right?

InsaneKane87
04-02-2010, 05:58 PM
Let's hope it hits around April 15th, the promotion only lasts until 12-31-2010! Just keep your codes and wait until the achievements are updated on xbox. Once that's updated then we can start redeeming codes again.

Soda wont rot your teeth if your brush them, right?

Not suppose to brush right after drinking soda ;) Rinse with warm water lol

Grawdyng512
04-03-2010, 06:53 AM
Their just gonna keep delaying and delaying and its just gonna piss A LOT of gamers off, if Dr. Pepper is gonna have BFBC2 pictures on their soda bottles then they should have the DLC out the week those soda labels are put on the bottles. Anyone Agree? what about u tasty?

Barad
04-03-2010, 11:48 AM
Any officical date for this yet?

CYBER GRIMM
04-03-2010, 03:11 PM
Their just gonna keep delaying and delaying and its just gonna piss A LOT of gamers off, if Dr. Pepper is gonna have BFBC2 pictures on their soda bottles then they should have the DLC out the week those soda labels are put on the bottles. Anyone Agree? what about u tasty?

altho i agree with you, there has to be a good reason as to why its been delayed

Necr0sc0pe
04-03-2010, 04:46 PM
Is it just me, or did they take them off of the VIP marketplace?

littlejay
04-03-2010, 04:58 PM
the marketplace is for everything not just VIP stuff

Necr0sc0pe
04-03-2010, 05:49 PM
Understood, but I was asking about the in game store.

InsaneKane87
04-03-2010, 06:03 PM
Understood, but I was asking about the in game store.

Its still there I just checked. Not date still tho, i dont know what the hold up is.

Hot Juicy Pie
04-03-2010, 06:06 PM
Their just gonna keep delaying and delaying and its just gonna piss A LOT of gamers off, if Dr. Pepper is gonna have BFBC2 pictures on their soda bottles then they should have the DLC out the week those soda labels are put on the bottles. Anyone Agree? what about u tasty? I suppose you're talking to me? Meh, yea I was kinda steamed after the first push back. But then again really, I'm gonna be playing this game for a while, it will be out when it's ready, I'm not looking to trade it in anytime soon. Besides... really has anyone ever done something like this before? I mean getting achievements via a merchandising promotion? Excluding dash of destruction, I'm talking about a retail game... I didn't expect it to be without a hitch.

PistonFan363
04-05-2010, 01:54 AM
It should be up for sure this month im thinking, just dont know when yet.

xXDOSERXx
04-05-2010, 05:22 AM
I hope soon...I have about 25 caps. No, I didn't go and binge drink. I have a lot of friends that drink DP and they give me their caps if they remembered to save them. Some of them are mine.

InsaneKane87
04-05-2010, 05:33 AM
I hope soon...I have about 25 caps. No, I didn't go and binge drink. I have a lot of friends that drink DP and they give me their caps if they remembered to save them. Some of them are mine.

Yeah and Tom Cruise is straight, you drank all 25. Haha im just messing ;)

xXDOSERXx
04-05-2010, 05:35 AM
Yeah and Tom Cruise is straight, you drank all 25. Haha im just messing ;)

okay okay...you got me.

Barad
04-05-2010, 01:10 PM
Hopefully in the next 2 weeks Im hoping.

Mr Snipey
04-06-2010, 04:56 PM
It's only going to be another 100G or so and they'll be really easy - you'll have spent longer reading and writing on this thread than actually unlocking the achievements when they're finally out.

Grawdyng512
04-06-2010, 05:35 PM
but its not just the achievements that are coming out, NEW AWARDS!!! which means more fun for all haha:woop::woop:

Natetendo83
04-06-2010, 05:39 PM
but its not just the achievements that are coming out, NEW AWARDS!!! which means more fun for all haha:woop::woop: This. I am actually looking forward to the awards as much as the new skins for the guns and people. Achievements in this case are just a bonus.

swsmailman
04-06-2010, 05:49 PM
New awards are going to be really fun, hopefully some funny ones or something way out there, 100 Air roadkills or something.

Barad
04-06-2010, 05:53 PM
Awards are fun, achievements are awards for the awards lol

Mr Snipey
04-06-2010, 06:51 PM
New awards are going to be really fun, hopefully some funny ones or something way out there, 100 Air roadkills or something.

I think it's really funny when I see someone flying a UAV around someone's head like a fly. You know exactly what they're up to :D

TALINKINMAN
04-06-2010, 07:02 PM
Well put

how bout for a new achivement

Down in a blaze of glory- kill three people when at less then 5 health

Or

Pain don't hurt- kill someone while standing on top of a destroyed tank

Bay harbor butcher - knife three enemies in 10 sec

InsaneKane87
04-06-2010, 08:22 PM
It's only going to be another 100G or so and they'll be really easy - you'll have spent longer reading and writing on this thread than actually unlocking the achievements when they're finally out.

You have proof that its only 100G and they are easy or are you just guessing ?

Mr Snipey
04-06-2010, 09:38 PM
You have proof that its only 100G and they are easy or are you just guessing ?

Just guessin :)

TALINKINMAN
04-07-2010, 08:27 AM
Standard DLC is 250 but idk 4 50 point I have. A feeling its going to be x about of kills as each class hint is there's 4 class and the DLC is class related

ConfusedGeek
04-07-2010, 02:32 PM
so do we have a date?

pined5551
04-07-2010, 02:51 PM
Standard DLC is 250 but idk 4 50 point I have. A feeling its going to be x about of kills as each class hint is there's 4 class and the DLC is class related

I wouldn't mind if they were the achievements but i dont want 50G for them all. I hope this game becomes part of the 1750 clan, and just keeps introducing more and more 15G achievements. They pissed me off on Halo 3 cos i hated the MP, but here I LOVE IT, lol, so the more the better no matter what they are. :p

Chuppernicus
04-07-2010, 05:28 PM
I would love to have some odd numbered achievements like one for 33, 59 and another for 11. I hope the total is odd too, 173 maybe? I like odd numbers.

Plus it would be funny to read about the many gamers with their panties in a bunch over the uneven numbers and then of course we would hear more about the "achievement rules" being broken. But I doubt it will be that much fun, I'm guessing 25 points each. Boring.

pined5551
04-07-2010, 05:52 PM
I would love to have some odd numbered achievements like one for 33, 59 and another for 11. I hope the total is odd too, 173 maybe? I like odd numbers.

Plus it would be funny to read about the many gamers with their panties in a bunch over the uneven numbers and then of course we would hear more about the "achievement rules" being broken. But I doubt it will be that much fun, I'm guessing 25 points each. Boring.

Please try to reffrain from putting ideas like this into the public eye, lol. Please no uneven numbers hahahaha.

Natetendo83
04-07-2010, 06:19 PM
haha odd numbered achievements would send much of the community into a frenzy.

Just saw Dr Pepper's twitter. Someone else was asking about the DLC and it looks like they have a copy/paste response as it's the exact same one from a few days to a week ago.

EscapedTheFate
04-07-2010, 06:37 PM

ever play GRAW ? . . . thats why my GS occasionally ends in a 3 or 8 (they had some achievements worth 2/8/16/24/28/32/36 -- and then normal value ones)

and then forza 2 had an achievement worth 2 and then a few worth 1 point each

Chuppernicus
04-07-2010, 06:55 PM
ever play GRAW ? . . . thats why my GS occasionally ends in a 3 or 8 (they had some achievements worth 2/8/16/24/28/32/36 -- and then normal value ones)

Oh yeah, I have Graw. My gamerscore is all most always an odd number. Good fun. We'll just have to wait until the "new" release date to see what our gamerscore future holds. Still a blast to play with buddies regardless. Great game.

smellypotatoes
04-07-2010, 08:46 PM
i have the vip code.. so i get it free right? and when will there be weapon upgrades for the kits! i want more guns to unlock!

InsaneKane87
04-07-2010, 09:11 PM
i have the vip code.. so i get it free right? and when will there be weapon upgrades for the kits! i want more guns to unlock!

No sorry, The VIP code gives you other stuff like the maps that just came out. If you want the dr pepper DLC you gotta buy some drinks and get some codes. I think you only need 4 codes seeing as theirs 4 DLC's

N3xus Gam3r
04-07-2010, 09:25 PM
^^^i think theres gonna be Codes that works more than once, mass effect did it :)

ConfusedGeek
04-07-2010, 09:31 PM

i stopped playing graw because i didnt want an odd number.

ha ha.

Natetendo83
04-08-2010, 01:41 AM
I remember Forza 2 gave me an odd number for a while. Actually annoyed me a bit lol

TALINKINMAN
04-08-2010, 11:17 AM
U will need the code for the new skins but the achievements will be released to everyone for free via auto update sometime after.April 15

Natetendo83
04-08-2010, 01:44 PM
yea I have been hearing the April 15th date more and more lately

ConfusedGeek
04-08-2010, 03:12 PM
U will need the code for the new skins but the achievements will be released to everyone for free via auto update sometime after.April 15

nice that it will be free, cause after april 15 i wont have any money.

;)

tax joke.

Natetendo83
04-08-2010, 05:26 PM
Ok. I added some details on what the promotion is on the first page. Hopefully that will help as there are a bunch of questions about what the DLC actually is all about and how it works. As new stuff comes up I will try and update that to keep it as up to speed as possible