PDA

View Full Version : Guide to improving your game (pending idea for youtube)

Runic Aries
03-22-2010, 07:24 PM
Machinima seems to be a very popular channel on youtube, especially among the CoD community, and most of the people that currently populate BC2 are not veterans or experienced players from the Battlefield franchise (shame too, used to have an awesome community), but MW2 fanboys who were looking for a change of pace or something to freshen up MW2 again. These people really cant play the game well in the team-based fashion it is meant to be played, as I am sure most of us agree, and I came up with the idea a while ago to post a guide (more of a tips video but not entirely) on Machinima, hoping to educate at least some of the community that currently plays this game.

I have a rough script and ideas I intend to use but I was wondering if you (sensible) people have anything to add, I'll include bits of what I have down below, please feel free to criticize (this doesn't mean just say "IT SUCKS!", post ways on how it could be changed or improved in your opinion).

Mic-Join a squad and talk to your squadmates
No mic-play solo
Importance of teamwork
Balancing a team
Working together
Spotting and importance of
Talking outside the squad with callouts
Burst fire (may remove or place in class section)
Importance of playing the objective "Play the game"
"Play the game but dont be an idiot" (things like dont waste tickets)
Playing your appropriate class
Should not be playing recon if...
Recon is good for...
What Recon should be doing...
Should not be playing Medic if...
Medic is good for...
What Medic should be doing...
Why to play Engineer
Engineer is good for...
Engineer should be doing...
Why to play Assault
Assault is good for...
Assault should be doing...
Knowing your loadouts and making them effective.
Thinking before spawning
Using vehicles sparingly (not giving away things like tanks or heli's)
Proper use of vehicles (dont fly if you cant)
Changing kits appropriately
Not going for revenge kills

BigDave1313
03-22-2010, 07:47 PM
Meeh its a good idea but the hard part is getting lots of people to watch!
I think you could possibly do it as long as u have a capture card.
and a way to advertise your channel ur good!

Also not everyone should be a recon i use the recon or the 2nd one from the top cant think and sometimes the medic
Im a better sniper then a run and gunner!

Ginjasy
03-22-2010, 08:24 PM
Sounds like a good list of things. Good luck. Sure if you make a thread and Embed the vid you'll get a fair few views. I'd give it the appropriate rating myself.

R Rated Love
03-22-2010, 09:46 PM
I highly doubt many people who could actually use those videos would watch them. Seems like a lot of work for nothing.

The online in this game is fairly straightforward. People who want to play as a team will do so, and those who don't will not. Nothing you can do about it.

Runic Aries
03-23-2010, 01:22 AM
I highly doubt many people who could actually use those videos would watch them. Seems like a lot of work for nothing.

The online in this game is fairly straightforward. People who want to play as a team will do so, and those who don't will not. Nothing you can do about it. perhaps but atleast helping a couple people is better than sitting on your ass and complaining about the crappy random teammates like I do every night.

JJ UK
03-23-2010, 03:18 AM
You should probably add something about the class roles and and how your K/D shouldn't be the biggest priority in them.

for example - While playing Rush I played a medic and ended the game with a 10 - 17 KDR but had the highest score in the game - why? because I played my class, Health here, revive there - oh look an enemy CALL HIM OUT, no one kills him? go for it but Assault class is for assaulting - the others are for support. so support your team mates :p

DPayne
03-23-2010, 03:53 AM
Ok well I can give a few tips for the Engineer Class...since I have almost 500k score with it alone.

Tips:
-Find a smg you like and stick with it
-Regardless of your preferences use the Carl Gustov....trust me
-For your 2nd and 3rd specs used extra rocket ammo and extra explosive damage respectively
-Because 2nd spec is used for extra rocket ammo get used to using iron sights...its not hard
-DO NOT spray, make sure you burst fire or you will never get quick kills
-When helicopters are in the air aim in front of them and let the Carl G fly....it is by far the fastest flying rocket

If anyone likes the tips I can contribute with some assault or recon later. I hope by doing this im not hijacking the thread. That wasn't my intent.

vetteindreams
03-23-2010, 07:33 AM
OSG - thanks for the engineer tips, now help me with recon, most especially with how to drop the bullet so that it hit the target and not the rocks next to him (PM or over XBL if you'd prefer)

@OP - love this idea - remember that recon could use sensors to help the squad, and doesn't necessarily have to be miles from anywhere....

arica is the prime example of this, i hunt snipers (:rolleyes:) that only play near the top of the map rocks - on their every spawn...

Runic Aries
03-23-2010, 07:58 PM
@ last 3 posters

Dont really need specifications, I already have a word document about 3 pages long, and a single page is devoted only to classes, how to play them, what they should be doing, how to do their job more effectively, ect., atm I am just looking for any final ideas I dont already have down (also I have the K/D one I think under how teamwork is important and how you should be sacrificing yourself if it will save an objective or for the better of the team.

Sirboscos
03-24-2010, 01:20 AM
When you attacking on Valparasio and riding the blackhawk gunner. PLEASE don't shot the M-COM buildings the first thing you do.
It gets very hard for the rest of the team to arm when the stations are right there in the open. The buildings won't collapse and you will not get any destruction 2.0 kills, so just stop it.

Think it falls under

Play the game but dont be an idiot (things like dont waste tickets)

guillermo316
03-24-2010, 11:52 AM
i have a tip to make the game better, have a theater feture like halo so i can show the wolrds my no scope a pilot on a heli.! =0

JJ UK
03-24-2010, 01:37 PM
Effective use and destruction of cover - if you are defending the last thing you want is the front wall to the MCOM station missing.

Also, taking out every wall of a building that fails to collapse can be detrimental to both assault and defense as both parties will be easily picked off trying to arm or disarm.

OldBayFries
03-24-2010, 02:32 PM
Im sorry for asking a stupid question but whats this ticket everyone talks about?

JJ UK
03-24-2010, 02:40 PM
on Rush, just above the mini map the attacking team will have a number - its usually 74 - 75, this is the teams tickets - or lives. once they run out the defenders win. Tickets reset back to 75 after the base is moved up.

OldBayFries
03-24-2010, 03:12 PM
Thanks for the answer. I kind of thought that would be it.
The info here is great for me cause I'm sorta new to Battlefield games.

A question for the Recon class. How long do the mine sensors last? If I throw both out will they both work or does the first one stop working after I throw the second one?

Thanks