PDA

View Full Version : Call of Duty 2 Xbox 360 - The Silo - Help please!

SurgicalTeacher
03-22-2010, 08:21 PM
Hi..
I am very very angry right now.
I am at the end of an impossible mission on Call of Duty 2 where I am at the top of the silo and I have to kill the people launching the mortars.
However! There is a mortar in the air coming down on me just after I got the checkpoint and I can't go down the ladder because friendly is blocking it etc.
Is there anyway I can stop that mortar from being in the air? If not, I'm stuffed basically and I am not restarting the mission. Impossible in Veteran and lucky to get there.
Thanks.
Mission I am on: http://guides.gamepressure.com/callofduty2/guide.asp?ID=346

Spanish Assault
03-23-2010, 04:02 AM
wow...before you giving up, maybe power down the xbox and then restart it. That sucks. I kept falling off the ladder at the end of the mission...making me finish from last check point.

Im not sure what to tell you...you might be stuck.

Mikey1610
03-23-2010, 11:49 AM
A few other people have had the same problem with getting a bad checkpoint on various missions where they would die straight away upon re-starting from the last checkpoint but this one is the worst as you're right at the end of a fairly tough mission. It's just very bad luck.

Sorry but there's nothing you can do other than re-start the mission.

Nozza XBA
03-23-2010, 12:04 PM
This is like the worst mission ever. Just to get to this point is an achievement in itself! I was so releaved when I 1k'ed game.

You may get a bit of luck but looking at it and reading your post, it looks like you're in a very bad situation. Just try and dodge it (you may get lucky) otherwise it looks like a restart. You do get the odd bad/random checkpoints in this game. Sometimes there good, others like yours are bad.

I remember getting to this bit and I thought it was easy compared to the other 2 hours I'd spent no the last bits but I died a fair few times. You really have to keep looking and know where the enemies spawn. You'll have to kil most of them before they get to there destination and be a pretty good sniper.

This is one of the hardest games, imo, to 1k and you cant get that far and just quit. Playing this on Vet gets everyone mad. trust me I wanted to give up and smash things but its soo good when yuo complete it!

SurgicalTeacher
03-23-2010, 01:43 PM
Stop teasing me! Muahah :P

I might just go for the Single player achievement.

Mikey1610
03-23-2010, 04:24 PM
Just do the rest of the game on veteran and then go back. You'll have cooled down by then and it won't feel so bad just having to do one more mission.

Hkem
03-25-2010, 09:38 AM
It definitely helps to be in a good mood.

I had to replay a mission with the planes bombing you for the same reason.

My best tip for this part is to have the German KAR 98k sniper rifle, rather than the US one. It's bullets will pass through two people so often you can kill both mortar operators at once. Also, try to kill the mortar carrier before he gets it set up. If you do, then that site will be no good and the other guy won't be able to launch. The mortars work with one guy and even if you wipe out the two guys, more people will take up the position. It's vital that you knock some out in this way.

Another tip, use grenades on the guys near you. Throw and forget (you will see the star disappear on the radar in that direction if you succeed).

Junzi Nicuzn
03-28-2010, 04:59 AM
The exact same thing happened to me on that level. You may be in luck if you got the checkpoint at the same time I did. When I would spawn I would be facing two mortar crews, and there would be a third behind. A second after I spawned, that mortar crew behind me would launch the mortar shell that would kill me. It took a million tries (I refused to give up and force myself through that level again), but I eventually managed to spin around and zoom in on them fast enough to shoot them right before they fired. After that I had time to take out the other crews and eventually complete the mission.

If your situation is different you may very well be fubar'd.

DarkAssassin357
04-08-2010, 03:31 PM
This happened to me once as well. I just ended up restarting it, although I really didn't want to. The key is once you get to the top of the silo, pick up both sniper rifles, so that if many mortar teams are coming at once, you can switch to the other one and have 5 more quick shots instead of waiting for the first rifle to reload. Try to kill the mortar carriers while they are running in to the fields, so they don't even get a chance to set the mortar up. As long as you don't miss too much, this is actually one of the easier parts of the mission.

Card Dreamer
05-14-2010, 09:31 PM
Don't feel bad, like others I had the SAME problem after spending an hour on this mission. I was VERY pissed. But I had to leave for an hour so when I came back, I restarted. In retrospect, I'm glad because everything I learned that first time helped ALOT on the second go. I managed to clear the houses with little to no problem and when I got to the silo checkpoint, I saved and exited to backup the save file incase it happened again. However, because I knew what I was doing now and roughly where they came from, it was smooth sailing. A LOT less frustrating this time around.