PDA

View Full Version : Does the old challenges glitch still work?

kylerweaver
03-23-2010, 12:18 AM
I'm seeing these guides online for the old N64 version, where you can glitch the challenges by using 2 controllers and a pre-made setup with easy sims. Does this still work on the XBLA version, because I can't figure out how to do it .

HoppyHippo
03-23-2010, 12:24 AM
Nope, they fixed it.

Ryan Boss Stevens
03-23-2010, 12:39 AM
They somehow found out about that glitch before they made it for the Arcade so they fixed it, making it impossible to glitch the challenges. And I'm stuck on Challenges 14, 15, 16 and 17 now because of that. Whole lotta bull going on in ALL of those four challenges. Like when I tried to do the King Of The Hill Challenge with Fly-By-Wire Rockets (I think that's 15 or something), DanSim (who you fight alone) hides while the rocket I launch at him hits the wall and doesn't hurt him, he gets out of cover and shoots me, I fire a rocket, he hides, he shoots, I fire and the thing SOMEHOW blows up in my face, killing me. I didn't see him AT ALL and the thing just blew up right there. WTFH?!

I CR0W I
03-23-2010, 03:45 PM
They somehow found out about that glitch before they made it for the Arcade so they fixed it, making it impossible to glitch the challenges. And I'm stuck on Challenges 14, 15, 16 and 17 now because of that. Whole lotta bull going on in ALL of those four challenges. Like when I tried to do the King Of The Hill Challenge with Fly-By-Wire Rockets (I think that's 15 or something), DanSim (who you fight alone) hides while the rocket I launch at him hits the wall and doesn't hurt him, he gets out of cover and shoots me, I fire a rocket, he hides, he shoots, I fire and the thing SOMEHOW blows up in my face, killing me. I didn't see him AT ALL and the thing just blew up right there. WTFH?!

Just run around capturing the hills. Eventually the sim will camp and send rockets after you constantly. Just kep your eyes on the open entrances to hill rooms and lead the rockets in circles until the timer runs out.

Good luck fighting Mr. Blonde in Complex!

darran311
03-23-2010, 03:51 PM

they should have left the glitch on either that or made the impossible challenges possible instead in some cases theyve made some of the possible ones impossible too and made the impossible challenges even harder

Ryan Boss Stevens
03-23-2010, 06:56 PM
Just run around capturing the hills. Eventually the sim will camp and send rockets after you constantly. Just kep your eyes on the open entrances to hill rooms and lead the rockets in circles until the timer runs out.

Good luck fighting Mr. Blonde in Complex!

That's gonna be annoying because I can't tell where the rocket is coming. By the time I see it, usually, the thing blows up in my face and pwns me. And I WILL need help on that one too.

they should have left the glitch on either that or made the impossible challenges possible instead in some cases theyve made some of the possible ones impossible too and made the impossible challenges even harder

I agree that they should've kept the damn glitch. Or at least make the challenges easier for those that never played the game like one of my friends.

Zee
03-23-2010, 07:04 PM
Why should they have kept the glitch in? They already unlocked everything in MP, besides, what kind of achievement would that be?

Poida
03-23-2010, 11:25 PM
Why should they have kept the glitch in? They already unlocked everything in MP, besides, what kind of achievement would that be? I agree, I didnt even use this glitch in the 64 version. Didnt even know about it until now lol
Not that it matters, I hate the idea of using glitches, feels like Im cheating.