PDA

View Full Version : cant sell my stuff?

x352x pH
03-23-2010, 12:59 AM
i have a bunch of stuff to sell but when i go to craterside supply in megaton or something, i sell something but the price is darkened and it only like 9 cabs when its worth 400 caps, whats the deal? anyone know? help would be much appreciated.. i really wanna sell this stuff.

KNIGHTOFSERA
03-23-2010, 01:01 AM
well shops only have a certain amount of money (caps) to trade, it should be displayed how many they have

so she doesnt have enough money to cover the sell

x352x pH
03-23-2010, 01:03 AM
you know anywhere that has a bunch of caps? lol

Dz06lt
03-23-2010, 01:05 AM
Just wait a few days they will have more caps or you could just go to several shop owners

x352x pH
03-23-2010, 01:07 AM
ok, might go to rivet city then.. they have a decent amount in one place

Dz06lt
03-23-2010, 01:13 AM
another thing you can do is barter, just keep selecting stuff they have(ammo, mini nukes ect) until you are even or the seller has caps available

Pogo27
03-27-2010, 11:28 PM
another thing you can do is barter, just keep selecting stuff they have(ammo, mini nukes ect) until you are even or the seller has caps available
Yep. Do this, as well as have them repair your items. Caps you give them to repair your items go toward the money they have to buy your stuff.

You can see how many caps the vendor has at the top right of the menu that lists all her items.

If you pay attention to this from the very beginning, it's usually not a problem for the vendor to run out of money, as the time you spend questing is usually quite long enough for them to respawn some caps. For me, they run out of ammo for me to buy before they run out of caps to give me.

And there's no point in wasting your time trying to become Fallout 3 rich. At a certain point, you just have far more caps than you could ever spend in the game, so, as I said, just get the vendor to repair your items and continuously buy out all their ammo and stimpaks.