PDA

View Full Version : Hope For Midway Games

Alypso
03-23-2010, 06:35 AM
hello, i'm a great fan of all the midway arcade classic games (like Gauntlet, Joust, Robotron ...)

unfortunately i'm missed to buy all those games at xbox arcade.

now i hope they find the way to the game room. is there a chance ?

lu3mm3l
03-24-2010, 01:15 AM
Sure there is a chance. Those xbla games from midway were dropped because the contract ended. If they can arrange a new contract with the new license holders we might see a comeback of midway games.

Grishnaar
03-24-2010, 07:53 AM
Apparently they have enough titles already licensed to take them into the middle of 2011 even if they stopped now. There's going to be 7 titles every week and I think they're looking at Friday becoming "Game Room Friday". The guy that Major Nelson interviewed said one of his favorites was Time Pilot which if I recall correctly that was a Midway title. If that's the case I'd say its only a matter of time.

On a side note, he also said that the game room idea was first brought up because someone in a meeting wanted to be able to have Dreamcast games on Live, but rather than narrow it down to a Dreamcast emulator they decided on Game Room which will eventually become pretty much an "everything" emulator.

-Grishnaar

Edit: sorry, turns out Time Pilot was Konami. Oh well, can still hope I guess.

Never Final
03-24-2010, 07:55 AM
Apparently they have enough titles already licensed to take them into the middle of 2011 even if they stopped now. There's going to be 7 titles every week and I think they're looking at Friday becoming "Game Room Friday". The guy that Major Nelson interviewed said one of his favorites was Time Pilot which if I recall correctly that was a Midway title. If that's the case I'd say its only a matter of time.

On a side note, he also said that the game room idea was first brought up because someone in a meeting wanted to be able to have Dreamcast games on Live, but rather than narrow it down to a Dreamcast emulator they decided on Game Room which will eventually become pretty much an "everything" emulator.

-Grishnaar

Edit: sorry, turns out Time Pilot was Konami. Oh well, can still hope I guess.

Seventh Cross Evolution for Dreamcast would be awesome!!!

Grishnaar
03-24-2010, 07:57 AM
Hell yeah, but honestly anything Dreamcast would be nice since there isn't really a good Dreamcast emulator ever. (that I'm aware of anyway)

-Grishnaar

GHF BoltHawk
04-05-2010, 04:51 PM
it would be awesome if we could see some midway games such as rampage which is my all time favourite but we will just have to wait and see

l.maciver
04-05-2010, 05:03 PM
only hope, i love alot of the old games from midway

linktriforce007
04-05-2010, 06:55 PM
gauntlet ftw.