PDA

View Full Version : Just got the game

deadie
03-23-2010, 05:26 PM
Can everyone tell me what im supposed to do for these classes they are the same to me
cAN ANY1 GIVE ME SOME TIPS IM A TOTAL NOOB ATM

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-23-2010, 05:37 PM
Use assualt :D sick class. But all i can say is keep playing you will get used to it. its also bit crap to start with but once you rank up a bit and unlock stuff its awsome. To me its better than mw2 but then agen mw2 sucks

aleksnyc
03-23-2010, 06:01 PM
Can everyone tell me what im supposed to do for these classes they are the same to me
cAN ANY1 GIVE ME SOME TIPS IM A TOTAL NOOB ATM

If you are low ranked and have the assault class, you won't stand a chance against tanks since you lack the C4....

I would try to rank up with Recon.... Tanks are an easy target with C4 ;)

adz5000
03-23-2010, 06:16 PM
Assault:-

Just work on firing your guns in short bursts and get used to your iron sights and work on unlocking the XM8 Prototype as it is very easy to use. Also remember to re-supply your team for points.

Engineer:-

Use your RPG-7 and blow those tanks to shit !!!
+30 Vehicle Damage
+100 Destroy Vehicle
+50 for any kills
Also short bursts again and unlock your repair tool and repair your team's vehicles for a lot of points.

Medic:-
Main thing is throw Medi-Packs ALOT !!!
Doing this will make the points fly in.
Also the LMGs are good in short bursts but some can gain accuracy when you hold the trigger down, so "Spray 'N' Pray"
Once you get the defibrillator you can earn points REALLY FAST !!!

Recon:-

Not greeat for score, but still very fun to use
DO NOT JUST SIT 'N' SNIPE
Run up to tanks and C4 them and use the Mortar on target builings(once you unlock it)
Also at range you must aim above the head to score a kill, because of gravity.

All Kits:-

PRESS :back: to spot enemies for teammates and net yourself 20 points if they kill them.

Also double tap :abut: to deploy parachute.

And always join a squad and don't waste your spawn tickets when on Offense.

adz5000
03-23-2010, 06:20 PM
HOPE THIS HELPS !!!

----------------------------------------------------
BTWI think my effort in my first post makes it OK for me to double post !!

Tieg
03-23-2010, 06:35 PM
I started out using the engineer although I had the ak-74 unlocked as part of a pre order deal and its the gun I have used all the time. Once you get them unlocked...land mines are awesome. I'll throw down 3 of them spread out in a intersection or well traveled route...if I have a assault guy with his head screwed on right he'll be throwing me resupply packs so I can continue to sow them mines....most of the time 1 mine will knock out a vehicles....send the occasional quad flying through the air...and sometimes it takes 2 mines to knock out a tank or bradley...but they are by far my favorite anti vehicle weapon. Rockets are great but once you launch a rocket you might as well put a billboard over your head saying, "I"M OVER HERE" as the rocket exhaust trail gives you away pretty quickly. As the rest have said though...just keep playing and unlocking stuff. If your particular class has a specialty such as assault doing a resupply, medic healing and reviving when you get the paddles unlocked those are a lot of points to be had.

Also, if you see a enemy...put your sight on him and push the back button marking him...if you don't kill him or he kills you first...regardless if he dies in the next 10-15 secs you get 20 pts for doing basically nothing but marking him. I rack up those points all the time from the UAV....I just mark mark mark...do that as well for recon...hence the term recon kit.

Good luck and Have Fun!!!

deadie
03-23-2010, 06:50 PM
Assault:-

Just work on firing your guns in short bursts and get used to your iron sights and work on unlocking the XM8 Prototype as it is very easy to use. Also remember to re-supply your team for points.

+30 Vehicle Damage
+100 Destroy Vehicle
+50 for any kills
Also short bursts again and unlock your repair tool and repair your team's vehicles for a lot of points.

Also the LMGs are good in short bursts but some can gain accuracy when you hold the trigger down, so "Spray 'N' Pray"

Run up to tanks and C4 them and use the Mortar on target builings(once you unlock it)

PRESS :back: to spot enemies for teammates and net yourself 20 points if they kill them.

That helped loads mate thanks :D Im using the engineer kit as I have the drill gun for it :D

adz5000
03-23-2010, 07:00 PM
That helped loads mate thanks :D Im using the engineer kit as I have the drill gun for it :D

No problem mate.

SEE YOU ON THE BATTLEFIELD !!!!!

C ben F ross C
03-23-2010, 07:19 PM
:uzi::uzi::uzi::drunk:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:Assault:-

Just work on firing your guns in short bursts and get used to your iron sights and work on unlocking the XM8 Prototype as it is very easy to use. Also remember to re-supply your team for points.:uzi::uzi::uzi:

+30 Vehicle Damage
+100 Destroy Vehicle
+50 for any kills

adz5000
03-23-2010, 07:21 PM
:uzi::uzi::uzi::drunk:uzi::uzi::uzi::uzi:

:offtopic:

Welcome to the forums.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-23-2010, 08:12 PM
Haha lol. No off topics :@

Runic Aries
03-23-2010, 08:15 PM
This wasnt posted yet?
I am dissapointed in you all.

YouTube- Battlefield: Bad Company 2 - How Not To Be A Noob

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-23-2010, 09:51 PM
Lol didnt even no that vid existed

big red marino
03-23-2010, 10:06 PM
Don't forget MOTION MINE ASSISTS and SQUAD MOTION MINE ASSISTS...not sure when the motion mines unlock, but it seemed early on. This is a great way to get points and also work towards insignias. Especially when you throw them towards a M-COM being challenged. Also, there are Mortar Strikes that can be useful as well, especially when an M-COM is being taken. All I am saying is don't sit in the hills and work on your 1.5+ K/D ratio...work with your team.

This should be done at all times no matter what class you are.

So that is how you use it.

What the hell is a spawn ticket? As a BF:BC veteran should I know this?

My questions are in red.

Also Keep in mind that all points you earn, including points from pins, insignias and weapon stars (getting so many kills from a certain weapon) all add to gaining RANK, no matter what class you are. Your rank increase unlocks weapons and gadgets that can be used in all classes…this is mostly shotguns, but does include some other machine guns…such as the G3 and Thompson. Unlocking the guns that are class specific are done by gaining points from a certain class. Such as when you are a MEDIC…the points you gain from giving out health and reviving will add to you leveling up in the MEDIC Class. Since this is the easiest one I saved it for last.

xTGMx INF3RNO
03-23-2010, 10:33 PM
For quick rank ups use one wepaon and get a platinum medal with it

TheLegendOf1977
03-24-2010, 07:31 AM
[QUOTE=Runic Aries;2924124]This wasnt posted yet?
I am dissapointed in you all.

You should be dissapointed in yourself, video has been up on this forum even before the full game was out. But then again everybody thinks there's only one page seeing as there are about 20 "how do open my parachute" and "veteran status trouble" threads.

@ Big Red Marino, the spawn tickets are shown on top of the minimap, 75 for the attackers on rush games, 120 for each team on conquest.

Cypher_Cobra
03-24-2010, 08:16 AM
If you're new at this game and you suck, play a Medic. You can still score good points and contribute to the team by healing and reviving players while learning the maps and how to aim etc.

The class you should avoid is the Recon, that class requires the most know-how to play and is the most frustrating/least player friendly kit. Best to earn some universal kit weapons such as the M14 and the Thompson so you can ease into the Recon with more user friendly weapons before trying your hand at sniping.