PDA

View Full Version : Purchased games playable between multiple gamertags on same console?

dig me out
03-23-2010, 06:49 PM
I would assume that each gamertag on one console will be able to design their own arcade... but, I'm wondering if purchased games will be playable between other gamertags if the content was downloaded on the same console.

This works with other DLC, including Family Game Night, so it should definitely work the same way with Game Room, right?

For example: I lived with a friend not too long ago and we shared an Xbox. I downloaded Yahtzee! for Family Game Night onto her console. I recently moved out and have a new Xbox. I can play Yahtzee! on my gamertag and said friend can still play on her's since it is attached to her console. My girlfriend (who is the other user on our Xbox) cannot play Yahtzee! alone until I do a license transfer (but I won't be doing that anytime soon since I have downloaded other games on friends' consoles [and vice versa] so that we may share them).

lu3mm3l
03-24-2010, 01:18 AM
Yes this works with DLC or XBLA Games BUT on the other hand you can't share your avatar cloth or stuff you bought. Those are bound to your gametag afaik and not your console. I doubt that you can play for free with another gamertag on the same console but we will know more in about 10 hours :)

Grishnaar
03-24-2010, 07:49 AM
Like I said in another post, Major Nelson interviewed the project lead on Game Room from MS Game Studios and he had a lot of info on it. If I understood him correctly, when someone else visits your arcade be it via Live or via the same console they get one free "token" for each console that you own to try the game out. After that they're subject to the same pricing structure as everything else (i.e. 50 cents per play or 3 bucks to buy).

-Grishnaar